It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are White Americans So Racist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuspiciousTom
I have hopes for my race.

That is anything but apparent from the condescending way you talk down about them in the OP, friend. Your tone reads a lot more like a statement of "we can't" than "we can."

(post by Arenttarded removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

So the US police are killing black people

It's hard to talk with people like you because you believe in myths. Facts are not found in your claims. Black men are RARELY killed by cops. White people are killed more by cops and you actually have a batter chance of being shot by a cop if you're white. Also, black men )6% of the population) commit more than half of the violent crime in this country. These are facts you ignore in place of racial paranoia and scapegoating of whites. What's that make you?

If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

Right back at you.

Well if you have 800 pieces of regular crayon, and only about 88 pieces of 'other' crayon. If 60 of the regular pieces get shot, and 30 of the 'other' pieces get shot, which is more likely to get shot?
I like talking to people like you though.

You know why the percentage is higher? its the committing the majority of crimes. Nothing to do with cops targeting Blacks more often.

Also. AFRICANS are responsible for slavery more so than anyone else next to the arabs. They sold their own people into slavery.

And "race" should be redefined these days. according to science we are all part of one race and thats the HUMAN ONE. we have differing etnicities though.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Ill tell you whats wrong with race relations in the US: when media feels the need to use an adjective to tie race to behavior (since the stories are reporting behaviors that became newsworthy), it creates a vernacular among the masses that begins to think in the stereotype that such wording is bound to create.

At the age of 43, I thought the time had long since passed in my life where I would see people openly saying things like "blacks" or "the blacks" (or "whites", for that matter) as if it wasn't simply a poisoned pill.

Im here to tell you that "blacks" don't need to do anything. I know quite a few black people myself, and not a single one of them would fit into the stereotype that our media has created through its use of racial bylines.

Words become action. Plain and simple. Maybe instead of identifying their race int he headline, they could just identify their crime. The relevant facts. Maybe instead of headlines like "black gunman kills 2", they coulud just say, "Armed lunatic guns down 2". Problem is, no one wants to admit that they have "chunked" information based on racial stereotypes, and the use of the word "black" in the headline just adds to this "chunked" information.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

The only expectation I have of anyone is to treat me as a human regardless of my skin color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, hair color, eye color, height, weight, age, etc, same as I do everyone else.

You're far from an object to me.

I am white skinned with freckles, genetically male, identify as female, bisexual, have dark reddish brown hair, dark dark brown eyes, am 5'4 or 5'3 depending on time of day, currently am overweight close to 200 lbs will not say on which side I fall, and am 37 years old, but more than all these things I am human and so are you.

We're the same, both human, period end of story. I will never accept you as a member of the "black race" I will never accept being qualified as a member of the "white race" these are only skin colors to me about as relevant to me as my dark dark brown eyes. If you choose to identify yourself as such that is on you, and you alone. I will not play the race game. I will also never accept guilt for the actions of another that I had no ability to control or stop.

If that makes me "racist" to you, then so be it.

And I appreciate that. If you know within yourself you aren't a racist then nothing within this thread would bother you. As you've clearly demonstrated.

I have to take a moment to call out the No Real Scotsman fallacy you have used here.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well, as I've stated before, I'm sorry you feel that way. My tone is more intended to be "Hey, we're trying stop trying to rush us or dismantle any claims we make on the difficulties we face."

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Its racist to lock your car doors? Really?

I ALWAYS lock my car doors.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Well, as I've stated before, I'm sorry you feel that way. My tone is more intended to be "Hey, we're trying stop trying to rush us or dismantle any claims we make on the difficulties we face."

Something to consider: everyone faces challenges every day. And to that individual, their challenge is no less difficult than someone else who happens to have a different colored skin.

That said, who is this "us"? Are they laying underneath a broad brush now?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Your intentions failed, miserably.

(post by Landmesser removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I would like to know just what these perceived inequalities and difficulties are exactly? That you claim black people in America suffer so badly from. You/they have exactly the same opportunities as everyone else....its a shame most don't bother utilising them and instead prefer the victim route and to be looked after by everyone else. There are thousands and thousands of successful black people. There are thousands of amazing role models. Life is the same for me as it is for you. The problem I see with American blacks is their insistence on separating themselves and their own internal racism. As someone famous recently said "If you aren't successful or where you want to be after 50yrs then that's down to you and no-one else"!

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Your intentions failed, miserably.

Not necessarily, I'm not responsible for how you perceive things, we were always taught to "ask if you do not understand." Instead you've went the extra mile to assume what my tone meant. But other than that, I guess sometimes people just fail and that's ok.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshFan

All I know is that men are better at peeing while in a standing position, and therefore, superior.

This is NOT true... Let Me introduce You to "Go-Girl™" Now She can pee standing up too..

go-girl.com...

•NOTE• I'd add the pics and all but am a computer neophyte.. I know how to erase My history and send mail. I once was able to add pics but since the switch-over My skills are even worse now, technology has passed Me by.. If someone is able to add the actual picture You'll see what I mean...

Stay Hydrated... (so You'll have to use it... Its a conspiracy.)

You Go Girl.. (patent pending)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Landmesser
a reply to: Arenttarded

I know plenty of decent hard working law abiding blacks.

You don't.

Rap video thugs ironically enough, act just like the retards in Africa, no law no rules, if I can kill you I can take your stuff, reminds me of the difference between man and animals.

More stormfront for ATS. "Blacks" are "animals" and "retards" and mods agree with this.

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I have hopes for my race.

That is anything but apparent from the condescending way you talk down about them in the OP, friend. Your tone reads a lot more like a statement of "we can't" than "we can."

Says the man who thinks like this link

Are you saying you don't believe him or that you don't believe that there are law abiding blacks that ar hard working?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
People, learn a thing or two with this guy, best thing I have see on youtube tonight:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Something to consider: everyone faces challenges every day. And to that individual, their challenge is no less difficult than someone else who happens to have a different colored skin.

That said, who is this "us"? Are they laying underneath a broad brush now?

I understand this, as I was once somewhat "Anti-Feminist" and to women worldwide I tell them sorry. 'Us' refers to the black race, we're subject to many stereotypes and we are a minority. We all face challenges that's true, however, stereotypes do influence these challenges, it may not make them more difficult but it definitely does add to the stack that a person already faces. So I must refute your statement "no less difficult than someone else who happens to have a different colored skin"

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I grew in Detroit.... I spent a good portion of my youth thinking my name was "white ass honkey".
The biggest problem I see with folks like the OP... is that they grew up in a nice neighborhood and had 3 or 4 black kids in their schools who were wonderful people and they base their enlightenment on that.
They have no idea and refuse to believe that what they know to be true.... is not the only reality.

In my reality, white people didnt use the bathroom at school. In my reality white people didnt go to classes on the 3rd floor..... I think I was absent the day they handed out white privilege.

I have asked folks engulfed in their blackness just how long America had slaves and I have herd some seemly educated people give me ridicules answers.500, 200, 300 years. Then when I ask how a country only 200 years old could have had slaves for hundreds of years and inform them it is England they should be upset with, not America, they become flustered and start with the standard, oh yea well what about this or what about that.

Truth is there that slavery lasted 1 lifetime in the USA and only in a handful of states. From 1795 when we became a country until 1865 when it became law of the land, 70 years slavery was in the USA .... and immediately following our independence the US Navy went around confiscating slave ships and adding them to the US Fleet. If they couldnt force the slave states to comply, they were just gonna cut off the supply of new slaves.
Am I denying black people were treated poorly.....nope, not at all.
Would I prefer to live in a nice white suburban neighborhood... you betcha.

The black community at large is ignorant, selectively educated..... They watched Roots and became professors of black history. It is impossible to debate with an ignorant person, so to try to debate with BLM and the likes... is impossible

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
No offense but the entire OP read like it's written by some white guilt riddled white knight posturing millennial deciding to take a stand for black communities everywhere.

Have you ever talked to someone of a different skin color about race relations in America?
I have learned most bleeding heart liberals have little to no contact with the people or communities they get on their soapboxes for. The OP clearly has no idea of the problems that are plaguing the black communities for he/she thinks they are caused by 1% of the population owning slaves 300 years ago. No one is abused and abuse doesn't transcend hundreds of years into the future. If that were the case I should still be upset about how the English treated my Scottish ancestors.

And PS. If you read this because the title bothered you, you should look into yourself. If you're planning to respond in a bothered tone, look at yourself a bit..

I read it because I wanted by daily dose of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

I am white but my penis is brown, where should I stand on this debate?

Yours, confused.

Dear Confused-

This is still NOT 8"

(----------------------------------------)

You're Welcome.

hahahaha

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
I grew in Detroit.... I spent a good portion of my youth thinking my name was "white ass honkey".
The biggest problem I see with folks like the OP... is that they grew up in a nice neighborhood and had 3 or 4 black kids in their schools who were wonderful people and they base their enlightenment on that.
They have no idea and refuse to believe that what they know to be true.... is not the only reality.

In my reality, white people didnt use the bathroom at school. In my reality white people didnt go to classes on the 3rd floor..... I think I was absent the day they handed out white privilege.

I have asked folks engulfed in their blackness just how long America had slaves and I have herd some seemly educated people give me ridicules answers.500, 200, 300 years. Then when I ask how a country only 200 years old could have had slaves for hundreds of years and inform them it is England they should be upset with, not America, they become flustered and start with the standard, oh yea well what about this or what about that.

Truth is there that slavery lasted 1 lifetime in the USA and only in a handful of states. From 1795 when we became a country until 1865 when it became law of the land, 70 years slavery was in the USA .... and immediately following our independence the US Navy went around confiscating slave ships and adding them to the US Fleet. If they couldnt force the slave states to comply, they were just gonna cut off the supply of new slaves.
Am I denying black people were treated poorly.....nope, not at all.
Would I prefer to live in a nice white suburban neighborhood... you betcha.

The black community at large is ignorant, selectively educated..... They watched Roots and became professors of black history. It is impossible to debate with an ignorant person, so to try to debate with BLM and the likes... is impossible

I could point out problems with you, and suggest you are largely ignorant but what would that benefit me? I've allowed many people here to make assumptions, of my location, skin color and my life where as no one within this forum knows about me. You've already started on an 'ignorant tone' but yea, trying to justify the length of how long you mistreated someone? Sounds like a drowning man holding on to a thread. What happened POST slavery? How did black people get to America?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join