It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wife of Keith Scott, Charlotte Shooting Victim, Filmed Fatal Encounter With Police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Wife of Keith Scott, Charlotte Shooting Victim, Filmed Fatal Encounter With Police

CHARLOTTE — A cellphone camera video made by the wife of Keith L. Scott before he was fatally shot by police here shows the moments before and after the incident, including the wife’s pleas to her husband to get out of his truck, and her pleas to the police not to shoot him.

But the video, which was given to the Times by attorneys for the family Friday, does not include a view of the shooting itself. Nor does it answer the crucial question of whether Mr. Scott had a gun, as the police have maintained.

The wife of Keith Scott filmed the encounter with police on a cellphone. The video has been released to the public through NBC. The video does not include the shooting itself. There's a transcript of the video at the link. I'll see if I can track down the video and embed it.

EDIT:

The video can be seen at NBC News.

EDIT 2:

Here's the video on YouTube. Be aware that it does contain profane language.

edit on 2016-9-23 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
The video was also given to the New York Times. That video has subtitles and can be viewed here.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I left this post in the other thread for this as well.

. . .

Well, what we have here is . . . nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

Does not film her husband at all, or the gunshots. It is still her word vs. theirs. She did nothing to deescalate the situation save for cause a distraction to the cops. All I see here is an angry woman who don't like cops and don't trust her husband.

Yup, when the police video is released, maybe then we'll see something. Until then, we still have nothing to go on.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nice. Just in time and the perfect video for it all to kick off tonight. The police had better release their videos NOW.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

Well it does show a few things. It shows the cops repeatedly saying "drop the gun" as well as the wife saying that he does not have a gun and that the he has a TBI (traumatic brain injury) and that "he just took his medicine."

But you are correct, it's not a good angle and she drops the camera as she's moving closer.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
You can hear the cops yelling 'drop the gun'...multiple times

Everyone handles stree differently, but why wouldn't you drop what's ever in your hands?
edit on 23-9-2016 by thinline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

I think that this was a move by Mrs. Scott to force the release of the police video. My first thought is that it's a questionable tactic and Charlotte might have been better off if she'd waited until Monday.

But yes, I think the Police might want to release the video they have.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

She did yell, "he doesn't have a gun" once along with "he's not going to hurt you."

Here's a still from ABC News that purports to show the gun that was recovered at the scene:

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Nice. Just in time and the perfect video for it all to kick off tonight. The police had better release their videos NOW.

That is not necessarily up to the police. There is an investigation going on, so either the feds or DA probably have the tapes right now (memory card).

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: JDeLattre89

I'm sure the video is all digital so there wouldn't be tapes, it would just be copies of files.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well she yelled once " He doesn't have a gun." However the police continue to yell "Drop the gun!" Then she switches to "Keith don't do it.Keith don't do it."

What I want to know is don't do what?
edit on 23-9-2016 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

That is not necessarily up to the police. There is an investigation going on, so either the feds or DA probably have the tapes right now (memory card).

I read somewhere that the NC SBI is in charge of the investigation. I'll have to look for that source.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: JDeLattre89

I read somewhere that the NC SBI is in charge of the investigation. I'll have to look for that source.

www.wsoctv.com...

According to state law, the DA must request SBI to investigate any police shooting if the family asks for it. Apparently the family has made that request and the DA has complied with that request.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

She also repeatedly yelled to her husband "Keith, don't you do it" right before cops had to resort to lethal force.

Don't do what? Put a bookmark in the tome he was reading?

edit on 23-9-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That part was a little unclear to me. She said "Keith" and then she repeated "don't do it" and it wasn't entirely clear if she was telling her husband not to do something and what it was she was telling him not to do or if she was talking to the cops.

It certainly seems like she was talking to her husband but there's a little room for interpretation because she only says "Keith" once at the beginning, followed by a pause.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The gun shows up at exactly 1:43 in this video .....

Dramatic new video shows fatal encounter with Keith Scott and police

Anaylize It

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know what. It looked a little small to me before but now I'm thinking that's not a gun at all. Are those black gloves?

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

In the beginning I hear her say "He has a 'TBI' or is it 'TVI', what's that?

Nevermind, it means traumatic brain injury. Does someone with a traumatic brain injury allowed to drive? And I thought he was picking up his son from school. Looks like residential houses, where's the school?

edit on 9jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

You know what. It looked a little small to me before but now I'm thinking that's not a gun at all. Are those black gloves?

Possible.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Ya, doesn't look like a gun to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join