It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlotte Protests 9/21/2016- At least one person shot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I know there is a posts about the protests last night, but I am watching Fox News and they are showing live that a black man has been shot in the crowd and is lying unconscious. Protestors still in the area and it looks like it is getting more violent.

Protestors yelling at fox reporter and one took his mic. Looting being confirmed.

I hope no more people get hurt.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Thanks. Switched to FOX.
Looks like one person died.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Okay we're doing this here.

Twitter reporting that journalists were told to leave as there may be a bomb.

Also reporting multiple people shot and one has died? Nothing confirned.

Here's the Twitter updates: Link

ETA: Reporting full-blown riot. No longer a protest.

I think these are some live feeds...

Live news feed from Fox10 >>>> HERE

edit on 21-9-2016 by Morosus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One dead due to his aggressive actions and another wounded. Lots of looting, a few Molotov cocktails, tear gas, percussion grenades, and crowds of thieves covering their faces and taking what they can, including attempting to drag off ATM machines.

This is no way to make their point regarding peace, but it's a heck of a way to start a race war.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
They should put an electric fence around the area, back the cops out, and put it on pay per view with all proceeds going to the Trump campaign. Distribute go pros to the seedy looking loud ones?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
7 police and one civilian taken to hospital.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Fox reporting 8 hospitalized so far tonight, 7 cops, one civilian.

I feel like the cops are showing incredible restraint seeing as how many have been injured last night and tonight.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Here we go again. Protestors are hurting their cause be looting, vandalizing and shooting people. Between the protestors and police, there's plenty of blame to go both ways.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Tear GAS !!!

Bean BAGS !!!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I guess this is what social justice looks like.

Looks fair to me.
edit on 21-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Fox10 just confirmed one died.

ETA: Shooting was civilian on civilian.
edit on 21-9-2016 by Morosus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Guest on Fox says he doesn't condone rioting, but understands it. he then says (and this is unbelievable to me) that the cops are antagonizing the protestors! Another guest says its not protesting its a riot. The first guy says the cops have no business trying to interfere.

For god sakes someone in the crowd has been shot and died (or at least is seriously hurt), and this scum bag is saying that the police have no right to intervene. This is insanity!!

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
No, no there isn't. Police were arresting a bad guy and he pulled a gun. Maybe the Obama/Clinton news channels pushing false narratives if that's what you meant.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And people wonder why gun ownership has soared when people like this one get on TV and spout off like this?

When the police can't police, then the only thing left to protect our families, lives and property is our right to keep and bear.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
America 2016

Who ever is in charge, they're doing it wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
America 2016

Who ever is in charge, they're doing it wrong.

What is the right way?

link   
They are saying the man who was shot and died was a civilian and was shot by another civilian. Somehow I feel like the police will still get the blame for it.

link   
Not good....it really looks like there isnt even a whole month that goes by without some sort of riot in the U.S...sign of the times eh....

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have the feeling that tonight's protestors were bussed in by some of the agitator groups. they arrived too late for the genuine, original anger outbursts last night, but since they traveled so far, and the TV crews are still there, why not?

Don't you think the presence of Television and the bright lights, makes these "protests" more violent? When the Milwaukee police chief barred them from getting too close, the protestors quit protesting and went home.
edit on 9/21/2016 by carewemust because: see?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This is horribly sad. I've been to Charlotte several times and only had wonderful experiences. As a young white male living in the south, I visit Charlotte every so often. I can't begin to tell you how hospitable this city is, no matter what color you are or the people you encounter.

That being said I think that leaders are to blame here for the many "organizations" promoting this behavior. These are people that care about their community (minus the looters and those taking violent action) and have been manipulated and exploited by those with a political agenda.

Please everyone keep the thoughts of those lost, injured and their families. And remember the chaos we all live in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join