It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets talk true scary/weird stories

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
First off I believe this is the best place to post this if I am wrong feel free to move it to the correct forum.

Ok well as the topic title states I want to hear your strange, scary, unsettling stories. I would prefer to keep this to first hand accounts of things that have happened to you, if you feel the need to share a second hand story that is fine but please make that apparent upfront. In the long run I would like to have this be an open forum to discuss these stories and see if any patterns emerge as such please keep fiction out of the thread. Remember the devil is in the details so please include as many as possible, that way we can find a potential root cause or just you know actually enjoy the story as opposed to, I once saw a ghost the end.

I will be sharing a few of my own here as time permits but I'm currently using my mobile so it may be a while before I get my story (s) up.

Thanks in advanced I look forward to reading whatever this thread may bring.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well to get things started here is a little bit about myself, I'm 31 married with kids, I do not use drugs, drink and have no underlying mental conditions. I have discussed a few of my more interesting experiences here in the past which i will link to later or you can find by going through my profile.

Now that that is over with onto my story.

I will start with a story from when I was very young somewhere between the ages of 3 and 5 as it was an on going theme for me.

We lived in a house in a very small town in the Midwest the house was purchased from my great grandfather on my father side and moved at some point before we purchased it from its original plot when a local lake was being built. I clearly remember every night when I would go to the restroom to bathe seeing an older gentleman in coveralls and a clean white shirt walking through the house to me he looked like a giant of a man, in that he was very tall compared to any one in my family that I had ever met he had hard features as if his face had been chiseled from stone he had large but not comically large ears and always walked the same path from left to right from the living room area to our junk room and out of sight. While always keeping his head stooped as if watching his step his haze never straying from his path. I remember talking to my parents repeatedly about the man and they always just played it off as a kids imagination. I remember seeing this man clear as day I never felt threatened or concerned just curious as to who he was and where he was going. I saw him every day when I took a bath at that house sadly when I was in first grade my house burnt down and I never saw him at any other residence I have lived at sense.

Upon talking to my grandpa years later about his father the descriptions lined up amazingly my great grandfather was 6' 5. And had large ears and worked on a farm. Coincidence possibly but he is one of my first memories and has always been a head scratcher for me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have a similar story. I was recently able to visit the house my mother grew up in. I found the address in the 1930 census for my grandfather, so i wrote to the "occupants" of the house and a woman called me up. After discussing the circumstances and my desire to visit the house, she said, "You're going to think I'm crazy, but there's a ghost in the house." I assured her I wouldn't think her so, and we arranged a visit. Several weeks later (it was 1500 miles away) I showed up. I had taken pictures of my grandfather with me, and I just showed them to her without comment. She said. "Those are the clothes," without hesitation, referring to a suit my grandfather had worn in the 1930's, so it looked a bit old-fashioned. She also said, "I want to say yes," but I was proud of her that she didn't just jump up and down excitedly. After all, she had seen a ghost, not a real person. She told me about the dog barking at the corner and the fact that her husband's stuff (keys, wallet) were frequently moved around the house.

So not a definitive story, but still interesting, especially in light of my Mom's experiences. She has been dead since 1989 and my grandfather died in 1947 before I was born.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Hi, great idea for a thread! I was thinking about starting one and sharing this story, but you provided the perfect opportunity.. thanks.

This happened to me about 3 months ago. I was walking with my friend at night, and we were passing a well-lit bus stop when I glanced up at this middle aged lady (I thought hispanic for whatever reason) wearing a gray hoodie who was standing about ten feet away from me on the edge of the light (but not dark). I have never (and I have met some creepy people) been so afraid in my life-- was chilled to the core when I saw that this "lady" was staring at me with this purely malevolent expression and that her eyes were completely black-- no whites at all. I felt helpess, truly, and, without saying a word to my friend, sped up my gait and got the eff out of there. It wasn't until about a block later that I could utter a word-- I asked her to pray for me, and told her about the lady. I was shivering and felt icy cold. The words I used were that I felt like she had looked right into my soul..
I couldn't even turn around for fear, and was plagued by the thought that the thing would follow me home.

Lesson I learned that night-- I'm not nearly as brave as I thought.

ETA--my heart is racing and I'm short of breath just writing this!
edit on 21-9-2016 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crimsongod21

Had a child's toy piano that would play London Bridges late at night - without batteries even

Clocks have stopped in my houses at certain peoples birth dates, but didn't figure out they were birth dates for awhile.

Orange orbs in my living room once in my AZ house.

My AZ house scared the daylights out of me. My son told me he once saw a boy running by him in the hallway telling him to run. Was a Native American boy. Same house, would come home sometimes to what appeared to be thick smoke, only to find nothing, no fire. When I would come home from work if the cat wasn't in the hallway I wouldn't go in; she was always waiting for me, but one day she wasn't there, and I got my neighbor to check out the house with me. Same house, heard a mans voice say he was watching me once, something pushed my ex out of a tree there.
Same house, a neighbor across the street from me told me she swears she saw a UFO over my house, and she would not go in the house after that. She moved to another town after that.

Different house, 3 knocks on my roof once kept me up all night, even my dog was freaked out.

I can't even put the worst because I will not accept it!

edit on 21-9-2016 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sometime between the age of 9-12 the strangest thing happened to me.

My older sister was watching over me and my little sister while my parents were at work, and this was most of the week between the time school ended (3pm) to around the time one of my parents would get home (around 10pm).

I was in my parents bedroom with my little sister making a fort out of my dad's camera tripods, blankets and these necklaces my parent's got for my little sister and me. The necklaces were big rubbery gem-shaped things with disney (i think) princesses on them. When you pressed the middle they would flash red. We hung a couple of those up in our little fort that was between the bed and the wall (around 3-4 feet wide).

So we're playing some kind of camping game that makes no sense when we both get really cold. My little sister commented on feeling cold first, then I felt it. We heard footsteps coming into my parents bedroom - but they were way too heavy to be my older sister walking through (she was a skinny little thing back then). We both put our heads down under the bed and saw the same thing - nothing. We still heard the noise though, and now it was very loud and clear. We immediately tried to turn on our little lights but none of them would turn on - they were brand new. We looked under the bed again and saw a pair of HUGE white feet - and I mean they didn't look like they could belong to a real person. They didn't lift and fall, they slid over the floor slowly - the loud footsteps still going on. We started screaming and holding each other, calling for my sister and not moving our eyes from the feet. They finally stopped moving right in front of our tent - clear as fricken day. Closing our eyes was the only way to get them to go away.

Later that night my mom called over our priest ( we were catholic ) and prayed over us and around the house.

As he came in the door, something I can't explain moved across our kitchen... There's no point in trying to describe it - there are no words for that.

That's my true, scary & weird story

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I don't really remember what year but I saw a headless man twice.

I use to live in a remote rural area, we had a bunch of huskies and lived up a mountain where no one ever went, the closest people were 5 miles down the mountain, and people dint like the dogs always howling so if anyone was near the house or the family business it was important as possibly it was thief, in short people around was uncommon and unwelcome.

One day in the late 90s we were having a family bbq, after we eat, 2 of my cousins my brother and I went to play around, the day was weird, very cold and dark to be mid day; after messing around some time they start talking in front of the business, my brother to my left, a cousin to my right and the other in front of me, I was bored and there was a cow moaning in the distance so i look at it, when i look at front like 5 meters away from me I saw a man walking from left to right into the door of the building, it was just a moment before it went behind a wall. I run to the door to see if a trespasser was there but nothing, the place was locked with a chain on it and there was no place where he could go. when i return to my cousins i ask then if they saw something but nope then i tried to remember what i saw and it was a headless man walking with the torso slightly bend towards his right as he was looking at us. The fear hit me suddenly like it was an electric discharge on my chest.

Some time latter, probably years had passed i was alone at the house, around 100 meters from the other building, i made me some spaghetti and after eating i was cleaning the dishes, so it was around the same hour i saw the guy, anyways the kitchen had windows all around, i was cleaning looking what i was doing and when i raised my eyes i saw a man walking from left to right for a split second before i could see it anymore. I thought trespasser!!! and run outside, there was a machete in the porch and i grab it before doing the corner that obstructed the view, there was nothing there and no place he could go in that time, and again it hit me in the chest like electricity, it was the same headless man, walking the same way like he was looking at me. I went to see the dogs that were behind a fence at the end of were the man was walking, they seem fine, I lost all my bravery that I got when I grabbed the machete, when to the house, lock it and went to the room further away from a window possible where i stay until someone came to the house hours latter, dint say a thing both times so none think I was crazy.

I remember the guy and still feel uncomfortable after all these years even as i never saw anything again, for month it was scary for me seeing through that window specially at night, you could not see anything outside but inside is like a fish tank.

MA HOME!!!

edit on 21-9-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ok I would love to reply to every one but ATS is working oddly for me at the moment. Very interesting stories thus far. Now for a few comments on them.

Schuyler: I couldn't imagine traveling 1500 miles to see a house my family once owned, that being said did you happen to see or feel anything while you were there?

Zosimov: I learned along time ago to trust my gut when it tells me to do or not to do something I heed the warning. After passing the woman did you feel as if you were being followed? Did your friend have any opinion on the situation?

Ktemplar: I have experienced the toy phenomenon and still do to this day, one of my previous threads directly deals with the situation yup its creaky as hell. The clocks are interesting how did you come to find they were birthdays? Your house in AZ sounds like a very interesting place. I must admit you have piqued my interest and I really want to know the worst part if you don't feel comfortable posting it I. The thread pm me so we can discuss it.

Oblivious: I think I would have what my pants, while I have seen an experienced things I cannot explain that still have me a chill thinking about it.

Indigent: have you looked into the history of your property and surrounding areas? Might be shocked to see what you find.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This incident took place around the same time as the previous story in the same house before it burnt down.

As a child ibsuffered from night terrors (they persisted off and on into early adulthood) to preface the house was an old farm house with two bedrooms and an attic. My sister and I shared one bedroom until my little brother was old enough to move into my room and she moved into the freshly renovated attic.

This story takes place while the attic was still being turned into a functional bedroom.

I remember waking up in the middle of the night after having a terrible dream, I do not remember the dream but I vividly remember what happened next, after waking up paralyzed in fear I sat in my bed for what felt like hours but I'm sure was only moments I got out of bed to go to my parents room when I noticed a light on in the attic so something in my mind told me to go up there it was not unusual for my dad to work up there late into the night to try and get it finished before my brother got to old to sleep in the bassinet in there room. Looking back now I know that I knew the stair case was not finished and that a ladder was needed to access the attic, I tried to climb the stairs none the less. I remember making it up about six steps and then falling for what seemed like an overly long period of time when something caught me in mid air from behind me just as I was about to hit the ground, I was gently lowered onto the ground and I turned around expecting to see my mom or dad and expected a scolding for trying to climb the stairs, there was no one there just me in a pitch black living room that was the last thing I remembered until I was awoken by my mother visibly shaken and asking if I was ok. My nose had started bleeding while I was out covering my shirt and pooling beside me where I laid. I recanted my story to my parents and was told multiple times that my dad was at work and couldn't have been upatares working and that no lights were left on to leave that impression. My parents chalked it up to my active imagination and time moved on they forgot about it but it has stuck with me.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Crimson, sent you 2 messages.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Hi crimson

You know, I felt pure fear after passing that thing. I did not specifically feel as if I was being followed, though, but sure as heck hoped not!

Great thread!

Edit: My friend didn't feel anything from it at all- she prayed, as I asked, and just basically tried to reassure me for the duration of our walk (short). She definitely believes in God but doesn't share the same fascination with the occult that I do, so she didn't ask too many questions

Sounds like you had a guardian angel! Nice story. (But disconcerting, I'm sure)

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Interesting, are you religious? If so and you don't mind sharing please do? Its always interesting to me when people have a shared experience such as yours and have two wildly different reactions or non reactions if you will.

As far as a guardian angel I firmly believe I do there is no other reason I'm still alive today, to many close calls that could have and probably should have went the other way...

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ok this one is a little more comical and shows just how my mind worked.

I was in first grade still living in the old yellow house I remember wanting to go over to a friends house that day but not being able to sue to the rain. I remember looking outside and I swear to god I saw a giant walking through our town, not a big man but a literal 30ft 200 ton giant just ambilling down the road three blocks over, I could tell hisnlocarion based on the houses directly in front of and behind him. The next day the rain had cleared and I proceeded to walk to my friends house raking a small detour to see the feet print that surely had been left. Suprisingly I didn't find feet prints or any tracks what I found was a road crew relating the road. At the time I took this as solid proof of giants and the cover up that surrounded them....lol

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Yes, I am religious. But it's a newly aquired belief-- I actually believed in ghosts and ghoulies etc (or at least was very fascinated with them) well before I became a Christian.

Now the idea of demons is that much scarier, to be honest.
However, I firmly believe that good is much stronger than evil.. which is one reason I'm a bit surprised at my terror. I would have liked to think I'd say something like "Begone in the name of Jesus Christ!" or something like that rather than scurry away in fear.. (lol!)

So, since then I've wondered if I saw a person wearing those creepy all black contacts and the visceral reaction was due to the dissonance of what should have been and what I saw, but the fact that I felt as if it was staring straight into my soul tells me I can't write it off either. Also, the person was dressed so normally otherwise, it would have been weird, ya know? My friend was talking away and didn't see "her" at all. I do wish she had and I would have had some sort of verification, but alas, I am on my own with that one.

So glad to hear you've got someone looking out. I'm pretty sure my life was saved (at least) once in my life and hope to make it worthy of that protection.. will raise my kids as best I can and hope I can help as many people as possible as I go along in life.

Your giant story is so cute! Kids are awesome.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I will let you in on a little secret I learned while dealing with night terrors. There is power in fear, not only of those inflicting but also in the fearful.

Having faith is amazing regardless of your god of choice that being said I'm am a Christian non denom and have been separated from any church for 20 years or so. I personally don't feel. Like you should have to choose between religion, science or the supernatural.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

I will let you in on a little secret I learned while dealing with night terrors. There is power in fear, not only of those inflicting but also in the fearful.

Hey, thank you so much for that.. what a powerful and interesting concept! Lots to ponder on there.

I personally don't feel. Like you should have to choose between religion, science or the supernatural.

So very similar! I, too, haven't picked a church or a denomination. I prefer to read the Bible, pray, meet with a small group of really open-minded, kind, and wise ladies to study the Bible. It has been the most vitalizing experience of my life. I'm so grateful. I love what you wrote about religion, science and belief in the supernatural compatability. They all seem to fit together seamlessly, in my opinion-- (with an occasional clash--but I usually face the issue head-on and find a solution-- or realize I will never have all the answers anyway).

Thanks for the fun conversation, and for all the food for thought. I hope to talk more later
have a great night!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I got one for ya.

I had a dream one night. Long story short a ship in the dream was the USS Lancaster.

That next day i voice searched my ex's name and the phone search result was "Lancaster."

I told my good friend that story the same day and he said the same thing happened to him. Said he voice searched my name and it resulted with "Jesus."

Made us both raise an eyebrow.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OneGoal

Sorry to be a spoil sport I guess but I think I need more clarification on the dream and what prompted the voice searches. Dreams are a tricky tricky thing to decipher as more often than not they are about things in your subconscious coming to the forefront. So what prompted you to search for your ex? Is his/her last name Lancaster?

As far as your best friends search depending on your name having an end result that links back to Jesus could be expected e.g. if your name is judas, mary, peter, paul, Jesus....you know biblical names.

Not trying to discredit your story I just think I need more info to see the chill factor. Thank you though for your input.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

Sorry to be a spoil sport I guess but I think I need more clarification on the dream and what prompted the voice searches. Dreams are a tricky tricky thing to decipher as more often than not they are about things in your subconscious coming to the forefront. So what prompted you to search for your ex? Is his/her last name Lancaster?

As far as your best friends search depending on your name having an end result that links back to Jesus could be expected e.g. if your name is judas, mary, peter, paul, Jesus....you know biblical names.

Not trying to discredit your story I just think I need more info to see the chill factor. Thank you though for your input.

The dream was a coastal port city. I was in the FBI and we were looking for a bomb. We discovered it was on a decomissed submarine or ship parked in that port. The ship was the USS Lancaster.

My ex's name was Caitlyn and her last name is a name that is phonetically different than Lancaster by a good amount.

My name is Will. Last name doesnt have any biblical similarities like those names you listed.

This was just one instance in a long list of very bizarre supernatural experiences during that time, including accurate preomitions via dreams and visions, coincidences out the wazoo, and other very bizarre stuff.

My issue is that the voice search function is supposed to interpret what we say directly and accurately. Ive tried muttering gibberish with this function on my phone and sometimes the results are very, very interesting.
edit on 22-9-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Ok you see the addition of those details made a world of difference I can understand while that would make you say it was a weird situation.

I hope I didn't offend its just that the details make the story

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join