It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa police release video of deadly officer-involved shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
sad sad sad. having car trouble while black... hands in the air, gets you killed.
watch aerial video here and see
listen to police chatter of a man, not a suspect of anything.except a broken down car.
chopperVid
murder

link

We will achieve justice in this case," Jordan said.
Meanwhile, family members and community leaders who have viewed the footage said it clearly shows that Crutcher's hands were in the air when he was shot.
"We saw that Terence did not have any weapon. Terence did not make any sudden movements. We saw that Terence was not being belligerent," one of the attorneys for the family, Damario Solomon-Simmons, said at a news conference separate from one police held. U.S. Attorney Danny C. Williams said the Department of Justice will conduct a separate civil rights investigation into the shooting. "The Justice Department is committed to investigating allegations of force by law enforcement officers and will devote whatever resources are necessary to ensure that all allegations of serious civil rights violations are fully and completely investigated," he said.
Tulsa Police Sgt. Shane Tuell confirmed that relatives were shown the recordings Sunday ahead of the planned public release. "We wanted them to see it before it was released so they wouldn't be blindsided by it," Tuell said. "We wanted to be able to have that intimate time with them, with their attorney, to see if they had any questions or concerns. "With something of this magnitude, we're trying an approach that we believe is necessary to further that transparency."

edit on 19-9-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They were standing 10 feet away. Some deadly threat the man posed.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz
Business as usual for the "Biggest Gang in America". And tonight on your local News, "Cop pulls over Car to give driver an ice cream cone", and other Happy Cop BS.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
LEO had a itchy trigger finger for sure. I just wonder if he would be alive had he not walked away and just FOLLOWED POLICE INSTRUCTIONS!

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I could be mistaken, but it looks like the 3 cops backing away from the shooting are trying to deliberately obscure the camera view. You knows your guilty when you try to tamper with evidence.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Multiple Officers following you with their guns trained on you and you just ignore them and walk away, continuing to then reach in a vehicle. Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
no doubt the cop in the chopper who said "taze that thing and he's probably on something" would have done the same thing.

what if there was no video... i wonder what the cover up would have been....

but anyway, the BLM bunch are going to have a field day with this. i wouldnt be surprised if this incited more violence against LEOs.
and when Dallas PD Union filed a lawsuit against BLM saying they are the catalyst for violence against cops. if this doesnt put the blame on both sides, i dont know what does.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It doesn't look like he is reaching in the vehicle when shot. He seems to be standing up straight. Not the clearest of views though.
edit on 9/19/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why is a broken down vehicle in the middle of the road? Kinda strange.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That is strange.. Maybe the cops thought it could have been some type of ambush.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

You're right he should have, but the end result of that being someone getting shot is a bit old.
Not saying this was or wasn't justified, just that say he should have just followed directions is a bit of an oversimplification.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
4 armed cops, one un-armed black man with hands up behind his head. Sounds like equal odds to me.

Seriously, the video is mind blowing. How this can be considered justified in any way, shape or form is beyond me. Those cops were probably standing there thinking, "damn, we be bad. We got rid of that dangerous man"

Words can't describe the disgust I feel right now.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm still waiting on the video showing a black doctor being shot while fully cooperating with police...

There is a commonality in all these videos and it isn't race. It is either fighting back, not following instructions, etc. I don't believe cops can do no wrong, but nearly 100% of these cases could be prevented by simply doing what you are told.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The man was making a slow break for his vehicle, anybody can see that. Why do some people believe that they do not have to comply to a police officer's commands especially when they are literally under the gun? Where had he been at the scene before he was making his way to his vehicle, bent over the hood of the cop vehicle probably. He was a big man, did he force himself free from being held at the police car about 50 feet or so away?

A tazer would have be advisable, but the guy was repeatedly warned and eventually was about three seconds from getting into his vehicle and driving away. The last thing that a cop wants is a unnecessary high-speed chase endangering many people, perp, officers and members of the public. Yes, it was a senseless shooting but the blame falls entirely on the victim.

Facts of the matter, he was not shot in cold blood, he was attempting to escape.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That is hardly strange. Power steering goes out when a car dies.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I suppose that theory makes you feel better. A bit flimsy for me as a reason to kill someone.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I'm still waiting on the video showing a black doctor being shot while fully cooperating with police...

There is a commonality in all these videos and it isn't race. It is either fighting back, not following instructions, etc. I don't believe cops can do no wrong, but nearly 100% of these cases could be prevented by simply doing what you are told.

This should be close enough to a doctor for you.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Can we please wait for all the facts before we start calling this murder? Of course we don't see the 5 minutes before this video starts where the guy was apparently blowing the police off so much so that 2 of them are following him cautiously to his car with guns trained on him. Yea he had his hands up, but he was clearly walking back toward the car and disobeying commands which doesn't justify death but is a threat and was the first red flag. Then it looks like he is reaching into his window for something (gun? wallet? who knows) which was highly suspicious and a second red flag. If there were a gun within reach of the window, how long would it take him to pull it out and shoot....maybe 5 seconds? I don't know if this was a justified shooting or not from what I can see in the video, but I certainly don't think you can jump to the conclusion it was murder.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
All those cops and not 1 tazer on them?Yes the kid was foolish for ignoring the cops instructions.Having said that,are we supposed to believe that a lethal shooting was justified here?
These overkill,shoot first ask questions later approach is unacceptable to the American public.
We need an act of Congress that specifically addresses the use of lethal force and when,if,how it should be applied.I say this as this problem is nationwide and will not stop if left to the police.
As an American I consider these executions a national disgrace and I'm ashamed.
What makes us a great nation is our laws protecting the weak and innocent.If the people responsible for enforcing these laws can't be trusted, we're looking at the end of American society.Imo.

posted on Sep, 19 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

All those cops and not 1 tazer on them?

He was tasered and shot within a few seconds of each other.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join