It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tulsa police release video of deadly officer-involved shooting

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Dude had his car in the middle of the road. Dude had a history of resisting arrest and shooting with intent to kill. Dude likely knew that if he had his hands up they wouldn't shoot. Dude was not running anywhere, but he also wasn't complying with orders to stop or anything else.

They also tasered him and it did nothing.

They found PCP in his car which explains why the taser did jack all to stop him.

Do you just let that person do whatever he wants if he's reaching into his car?

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The police said he ignored their instructions. But they also said he didn't put his hands up, which he clearly did. They also said he reached in to the vehicle. But there are videos that show the window is closed. He didn't reach into anything. The tone of the voices and the content of the conversations were escalating the issue before they even approached the guy. He may have had drugs in his system, he may not have. Having drugs in your car doesn't mean they are in you. There is a period of time between purchasing and using. Even if he did have drugs in his system, he didn't deserve to die for it. If police are not in imminent danger they are not supposed to shoot. Unfortunately, all you have to do is turn to face a police officer at a range of fifteen feet and they can say they were in imminent danger. Of what, who knows. But they can say it.

posted on Sep, 21 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

The statements have actually been... He put his hands up on his own, without being told too, Officer Shelby said she thought that was odd, he had also been sticking his hand in his pocket before that, gave her a feeling he might be armed... He walked to his vehicle With his hands up, not complying with several orders, got to his vehicle dropped his hands , and if you examine the video carefully, you can see him reach inside.... Regardless he made a dangerous enough movement that 2 officers fired... Two officers reacted to his movement... Not just her... One with tazer, the other firearm... One with the tazer had not been on scene the entire time, did not see all his behavior before might not known the full threat she perceived ... If I can get my phone to work right, I will post photos in a moment that offers a somewhat better view of the open window

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: okiecowboy
a reply to: Greven

Local news, and police statements report the window was down... As well from he helo video it appears that he was trying to reach inside right before he was shot

Yeah, NO.

I've seen the aerial footage.

The window is obvious as hell.
Graphic Youtube footage - this isn't the exact same one I saw, but you can see the reflection in the clearly closed windows start at about 0:43 into 0:44.

Clouds or buildings, that's a bloody reflection.
edit on 0Thu, 22 Sep 2016 00:26:31 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago9 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Well first glance it does look up , but it's down,

News shows its down

The officers report its down, the news footage says its down, as well as shows him reaching in

Screen captures also show the window down and him reaching in...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
When you look at the photo you posted, your clearly seeing inside, the seat, seatbelt... Just compare the window right behind it to that one...

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Dude had his car in the middle of the road.

I'm of the understanding that it broke down. I've had my car break down in the middle of the road, and the first thing that came over me was panic!

Dude had a history of resisting arrest and shooting with intent to kill.

Yes, apparently he had just been released in May, after serving 9 years. Likely the police knew that too, because of the helicopter officer prejudged him, calling him an "it" and/or a "thing" and remarked that he looked like a "bad dude".

They also tasered him and it did nothing.

To be fair, the taser and bullet were deployed almost simultaneously, so your observation is just wrong.

They found PCP in his car which explains why the taser did jack all to stop him.

Sigh. It's fine to give the officer the benefit of the doubt, but now you're just lying for her. He was tased and shot at the same time. As a matter fact, that's part of their defense, that both officers reacted at the same time to some perceived threat.

Do you just let that person do whatever he wants if he's reaching into his car?

Right? He deserved to die!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: okiecowboy

Well first glance it does look up , but it's down,

News shows its down

The officers report its down, the news footage says its down, as well as shows him reaching in

Screen captures also show the window down and him reaching in...

Oh, reports that it's up.

Good for them.

Then insinuations that a translucent material is not present from above.

Looking at this other GRAPHIC footage at about 0:42...

What's this, then?

A seatbelt?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Not sure if this has been posted but just heard on the news they charged the cop with manslaughter.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I speculate that she had her finger inside the trigger guard. When the other officer deployed his taser, it startled her enough that she accidentally squeezed off a round. If this is true, then she could have prevented this accident by keeping her finger outside the trigger guard unless about to fire.

I also think she may have inadvertently escalated the situation within her mind by following the victim so closely as he returned to his vehicle. Had she fallen back a few steps, she would have had a slightly longer time window to make a decision whether or not to shoot had he decided to charge. Backup was there, she could've backed down a little more than she did. I don't know.

posted on Sep, 23 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBadCabbie

Agree with your assessment, PDs across the states are in dire need of deescalation training,
O.T your avatar , Heavy Metal the movie..brings back memories..

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join