It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is an Enemy to the US Constitution?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The oath of enlistment sworn to by each member of the military reads as follows.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

In the first clause of the oath takers swear to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

What constitutes an enemy to our Constitution?

Are their any current domestic enemies of the US Constituion?

If so, why has the US military not acted in accordance of their oath?

edit on 8-9-2016 by Reigning because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Reigning

Because it's the US military member's family and friends that the Government are labelling "terrorists"...

It would take UN troops to go after these "threats" and I'm quite certain the US military will not have one little bit of it.

Rightfully so.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
For starters...

Islam, sharia law and those who advocate for it's implimentation are enemies of the constitution.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

It's been changed a tad.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It's been changed a tad.

Interesting!

So they took the Constitution out of it?

Doesn't surprise me, since the Feds ignore it to begin with....

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

Because it's the US military member's family and friends that the Government are labelling "terrorists"...

It would take UN troops to go after these "threats" and I'm quite certain the US military will not have one little bit of it.

Rightfully so.

Thank you for the reply. So, the military is fighting for a government that is an enemy to the people?

That does not strike me as fighting for our freedoms.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
An enemy of the Constitution in my estimation is anyone who tries to ignore, rephrase, misdirect and misrepresent the fundamental foundation of our Federal Government and our Rights as Citizens that are enshrined in the document ...

... like anyone who would make a claim that a religion practiced by millions of Americans is "an enemy" for instance.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
For starters...

Islam, sharia law and those who advocate for it's implimentation are enemies of the constitution.

I concur, I believe these are obvious enemies. But as you said that identification is just the start, why has nothing else been done? Like isn't that the whole point of this military thing?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

It's been changed a tad.

Thank you. That changes everything.

It seems the military has kicked the can so far down the road their subserviant yes man actions have now been encoded as the only permissible ones.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reigning

For starters...

I concur, I believe these are obvious enemies. But as you said that identification is just the start, why has nothing else been done? Like isn't that the whole point of this military thing?

Just out of curiosity ... what would you like to see "done" against the three million or so odd Americans that are Muslim?

If you concur that Islam is an "enemy of the Constitution" ... do you have a plan in mind?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It means our military will defend our nation, and the constitution that governs it, against any enemy force. And that includes domestic enemy force...an attempted coup or something would be an example of a domestic threat to the Constitution.

I'm puzzled by this though...very odd questions:

If there were a domestic enemy threat that required a military show of force in this country right now, the whole world would probably know it, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you know something you'd like to share with the rest of us?

If you are an American citizen living in this country, you are able to enjoy that way of life as a direct result of our military acting in accordance with their oath. They take it very seriously.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

For starters...

Just out of curiosity ... what would you like to see "done" against the three million or so odd Americans that are Muslim?

If you concur that Islam is an "enemy of the Constitution" ... do you have a plan in mind?

Are you saying stoning a woman for unsubstantiated claims of adultery is not cruel or unusual, that it is not common practice of sharia law to stone a woman for adultery, that Muslims don't advocate sharia law, or that taking action against people who advocate sharia law would be too mean?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

In response to to thread title... Our government.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

It means our military will defend our nation, and the constitution that governs it, against any enemy force. And that includes domestic enemy force...an attempted coup or something would be an example of a domestic threat to the Constitution.

I'm puzzled by this though...very odd questions:

If there were a domestic enemy threat that required a military show of force in this country right now, the whole world would probably know it, so I'm not sure what you're getting at. Do you know something you'd like to share with the rest of us?

If you are an American citizen living in this country, you are able to enjoy that way of life as a direct result of our military acting in accordance with their oath. They take it very seriously.

That reply would have been alright when I was 13 and CNN told no lies. I think the disconnect is that I do not enjoy having my emails monitored, my assets forfeited, my uranium sold to the highest global fund donor, etc. - and I will not celebrate those who fight for the people that are doing it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's been changed a tad.

Well, that's kind of disturbing actually. Instead of swearing allegiance to the Constitution, they now swear it to the POTUS. And the wording, sort of blurs the lines a bit now regarding whom exactly can be considered an enemy. If I were the cynical type, I might see that language as a doorway to plausible deniability. That is very interesting indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

For starters...

Are you saying stoning a woman for unsubstantiated claims of adultery is not cruel or unusual, that it is not common practice of sharia law to stone a woman for adultery, that Muslims don't advocate sharia law, or that taking action against people who advocate sharia law would be too mean?

Did I say that? No.

Why don't you note the last time a woman was stoned to death by American Muslims ...

And why don't you answer the question ... what do you want to do to these American Muslims you think are your enemy?

(BTW, may want to read Amendment I before you answer ... )

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

It's been changed a tad.

Well, that's kind of disturbing actually. Instead of swearing allegiance to the Constitution, they now swear it to the POTUS. And the wording, sort of blurs the lines a bit now regarding whom exactly can be considered an enemy. If I were the cynical type, I might see that language as a doorway to plausible deniability. That is very interesting indeed.

The President is the Commander in Chief ... I'll do some research on the change in the Oath and get back to you.

EDIT:

Well, that didn't take long ...

Will soldiers and officers be required to pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the president instead of the Constitution as this news report suggests?

FULL ANSWER: It’s not true that President Barack Obama is changing the oath for military officers. The "news article" being circulated is satire. In fact, this e-mail is one of the easiest we’ve ever debunked. Simply clicking on the link that is helpfully provided at the end of the e-mail (at least in some versions) brings up the article, which was initially posted at Jumping in Pools, a political humor site. But the e-mail omits the following note:

NOTE: This article is, in fact, a satire piece. While you’re here, read other articles, like Obama going on the quarter, how he’s genetically superior, and how he took down Blago.

Factcheck.org

The "satire article" can be found here: "Military to Pledge Oath to Obama Not Constitution"

In short ... garden variety BS.
edit on 8-9-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Are you saying stoning a woman for unsubstantiated claims of adultery is not cruel or unusual

when was the last time this happened in america?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

For starters...

Did I say that? No.

Why don't you note the last time a woman was stoned to death by American Muslims ...

And why don't you answer the question ... what do you want to do to these American Muslims you think are your enemy?

(BTW, may want to read Amendment I before you answer ... )

I do not know when the last time a woman was stoned to death within the US constitutional republic, I imagine it is rare. I do know women are often stoned to death in Muslim dominated countries.

What is your argument again?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Oaths of Enlistment and Oaths of Office - US Army

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960 replacing the wording first adopted in 1789, with amendment effective 5 October 1962).

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." (DA Form 71, 1 August 1959, for officers.)

.... you know, the ACTUAL Oaths at the ACTUAL Army website ...

Jeez, this is too easy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join