It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's analyze Trump's response about stealing Iraq's oil from last night's forum.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There were so many outrageous things that Trump said at last nights CIC Forum, it's really hard to pick which one to focus on.

- He knows more than the Generals about ISIS
- Suggest that there will be different generals if he is President
- Putin is a great leader
- His secret plan for defeating ISIS
- His lie about not supporting the Iraq war
- Sexual Assault in the military is to be expected.

But for this post, let's talk about Trump wanting to steal Iraq's oil.

At last night forum, when Trump was asked about supporting the Iraq war (which he lied about), he tried to deflect by talking about how we should have stole Iraq's oil since we decided to go into Iraq. Now, suggesting to steal another countries natural resources under the guise of freeing the countries people has it's own issues in itself...but let's put that aside for now.

Let's look at Trump's responses from last night.

Transcript

Trump: I’ve always said, shouldn’t be there, but if we’re going to get out, take the oil.
LAUER: How were we going to take the oil? How were we going to do that?
TRUMP: Just we would leave a certain group behind and you would take various sections where they have the oil.

OH, it's that simple...we just leave "a certain group" behind.

What exactly is that "certain group"? Soldiers to defend the oil fields? Engineers to operate the oil fields? Of course he doesn't say who this "certain group" is, just like any of his stances on issues...he has very juvenile and simple "solutions". These mostly involve saying he has a "plan", but it's secret.

But let's look at what he said "If we are going to get out, take the oil"...how are you going to take the oil....OH, we are going to stay there. Again, Trump just contradicts himself in the span of seconds.

Also, his plan is to remove most of the military...but leave a smaller group there to plunder their oil. Does he really think the people he would leave behind would be safe? Does he even care? It's clear that all Trump sees is dollar signs.

Let's move on to the next part of his answer.

You know, it used to be to the victor belong the spoils. Now, there was no victor there, believe me. There was no victor. But I always said: Take the oil.

What?

So, he starts off saying "to the victors go the spoils"...but then immediately says, "there was no victor"....so why in the hell is he even talking about it? There was no victor...but let's steal the oil anyways.

And really, this brings us to Trump's real view on this. In his mind, he views the Iraq war as a money making opportunity...we should just steal this countries oil after we invaded their country under a pretense of "freedom". Trump's mentality is well on display here, if I do something for you...you are going to owe me.

Last I checked, Americans didn't want our military to be used as conquerors where we go around destroying a country and pillaging...stealing the countries natural resources. But it seems like Trump has NO problem using the military for this. Trump thinks Might Makes Right...and since we have a powerful military, we should just take what we want. Remember him comparing the US Military to a bully that keeps getting beat up...that's because that is how Trump would use the military...as a bully to get his way.

Like I said, there was so many crazy things said by Trump last night...but this is one that I feel has slipped under the radar of many people. On the surface, it doesn't look like much...just crazy Trump wanting to steal Iraq's oil. But it shows how Trump views and would potentially use our military...as a bully...regardless of the harm that would put our troops in.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You should do a little research on how Iraqi crude and refined had been handled for the last seven years or so.
You might find it enlightening.

" Grandpa what did ya do before ya was a spook ? "
"I was oil field trash proud, Bobby "

Buck

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
OK, I'll play. I'll start off by saying Trump cleaned up his campaign just to throw it away again while he was up in the polls. Either his ego just goes out of control and he sabotaged him self, or he is there to help Hillary win.

Iraq statement - either incredibly idiotic or severely mis worded.

Sexual assault in the military - horribly said. But any crimes in civilian life happen in the military. Humans are humans and some do worse things than other.

Putin- if you don't like him he's doing his job for Russian interests. So I'll agree with him on that one.

Summary, Trump is either an idiot or in on it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
an actual thread dealing with facts?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix
There were so many outrageous things that Trump said at last nights CIC Forum, it's really hard to pick which one to focus on.

- He knows more than the Generals about ISIS
- Suggest that there will be different generals if he is President
- Putin is a great leader
- His secret plan for defeating ISIS
- His lie about not supporting the Iraq war
- Sexual Assault in the military is to be expected.

But for this post, let's talk about Trump wanting to steal Iraq's oil.

At last night forum, when Trump was asked about supporting the Iraq war (which he lied about), he tried to deflect by talking about how we should have stole Iraq's oil since we decided to go into Iraq. Now, suggesting to steal another countries natural resources under the guise of freeing the countries people has it's own issues in itself...but let's put that aside for now.

Let's look at Trump's responses from last night.

Transcript

Trump: I’ve always said, shouldn’t be there, but if we’re going to get out, take the oil.
LAUER: How were we going to take the oil? How were we going to do that?
TRUMP: Just we would leave a certain group behind and you would take various sections where they have the oil.

OH, it's that simple...we just leave "a certain group" behind.

What exactly is that "certain group"? Soldiers to defend the oil fields? Engineers to operate the oil fields? Of course he doesn't say who this "certain group" is, just like any of his stances on issues...he has very juvenile and simple "solutions". These mostly involve saying he has a "plan", but it's secret.

But let's look at what he said "If we are going to get out, take the oil"...how are you going to take the oil....OH, we are going to stay there. Again, Trump just contradicts himself in the span of seconds.

Also, his plan is to remove most of the military...but leave a smaller group there to plunder their oil. Does he really think the people he would leave behind would be safe? Does he even care? It's clear that all Trump sees is dollar signs.

Let's move on to the next part of his answer.

You know, it used to be to the victor belong the spoils. Now, there was no victor there, believe me. There was no victor. But I always said: Take the oil.

What?

So, he starts off saying "to the victors go the spoils"...but then immediately says, "there was no victor"....so why in the hell is he even talking about it? There was no victor...but let's steal the oil anyways.

And really, this brings us to Trump's real view on this. In his mind, he views the Iraq war as a money making opportunity...we should just steal this countries oil after we invaded their country under a pretense of "freedom". Trump's mentality is well on display here, if I do something for you...you are going to owe me.

Last I checked, Americans didn't want our military to be used as conquerors where we go around destroying a country and pillaging...stealing the countries natural resources. But it seems like Trump has NO problem using the military for this. Trump thinks Might Makes Right...and since we have a powerful military, we should just take what we want. Remember him comparing the US Military to a bully that keeps getting beat up...that's because that is how Trump would use the military...as a bully to get his way.

Like I said, there was so many crazy things said by Trump last night...but this is one that I feel has slipped under the radar of many people. On the surface, it doesn't look like much...just crazy Trump wanting to steal Iraq's oil. But it shows how Trump views and would potentially use our military...as a bully...regardless of the harm that would put our troops in.

First i will address the isis comment.
Military learders are given only the information they need about the enemy. With or allies supporting isis in the middle east it does raise questions about who isis really is.

#2 how is this any different then obama? Obama has fired alot of high ranking military personal.

#3 i would rather have a president be friends with the russians then start ww3 with them and make no mistake hillary is trying hard to start ww3 with russia.

#4 allowing the defeated enemy to take over stratigic areas that will help them pay for guns,bombs and training after we leave is stupid.also building houses and schools for the people after the war only to bomb them later when the enemy uses them is also stupid.

#5 unless you have a magic wand and can personally make the act of sexual assault dissappear i suggest you stfu. There are already laws agaisnt that type of behavior but laws dont always stop people from doing bad things.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Let's analyze Trump's response about stealing Iraq's oil from last night's forum.

No....just no...

-Chris

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

In his mind, he views the Iraq war as a money making opportunity...we should just steal this countries oil after we invaded their country under a pretense of "freedom". Trump's mentality is well on display here, if I do something for you...you are going to owe me.

Wrong:

The — and I think you know — because you’ve been watching me I think for a long time — I’ve always said, shouldn’t be there, but if we’re going to get out, take the oil. If we would have taken the oil, you wouldn’t have ISIS, because ISIS formed with the power and the wealth of that oil.

Time

Last I checked, Americans didn't want our military to be used as conquerors where we go around destroying a country and pillaging...stealing the countries natural resources. But it seems like Trump has NO problem using the military for this.

Trumps stance is the exact opposite of this and has been complaining about our current administration overthrowing regimes and tearing countries apart all for corporate gain. Not to mention the fact that the current administration also armed the same terrorists were fighting right now.
edit on 8-9-2016 by amicktd because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

I LOVE the fact that we finally have politicians resuming the traditional, common sense doctrine of claiming the spoils of war. The last spoils America claimed were following WWII... when we claimed the world reserve currency position along with several Pacific islands we retained. This should be standard operating procedure for ANY US military conflict: fight the war, directly claim land or resources in compensation from whatever country we just kicked the hell out of, PERIOD.

Trump 2016.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Remember back when 'Iraqi oil will pay for it's reconstruction?'

Christian Science Monitor

And let's not forget that the first thing Cheney did when he got into office was draw up a map outlining all of Iraq's oil fields...

The plan was ALWAYS to take the world's second largest reserve of oil, and make money on the side for certain US corporations that specialize in war and then make it again on the reconstruction side. Cough, Halliburton, cough.

If we really worried about every country on the planet with a petty dictator, we'd be invading a lot of places that have little in the way of natural resources.

Make no mistake, Trump is a total doofus.

I wish someone had asked him point blank, with arms crossed, 'what will you do about Aleppo?'

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I would still rather have a doofus in the Whitehouse who tries to get along with other countries, than an outright criminal, and liar.

When I look at the mistakes Hillary has made, starting with Libya, the theft of Haiti, the emails etc etc etc. Trump still has my vote.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

And that is a big difference between Liberals and Conservatives.

Liberals don't see the military as a tool for conquest and gain, they see it as a tool for protection and peace.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Haha and the whole forcing democracy is kind of a conundrum.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

We weren't the victors!
We didn't go in there to defeat Iraq, how are the victors over a nation we weren't at war with??

Guess those facts don't matter.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I LOVE the fact that we finally have politicians resuming the traditional, common sense doctrine of claiming the spoils of war. The last spoils America claimed were following WWII... when we claimed the world reserve currency position along with several Pacific islands we retained. This should be standard operating procedure for ANY US military conflict: fight the war, directly claim land or resources in compensation from whatever country we just kicked the hell out of, PERIOD.

Trump 2016.

Thou shalt not steal.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If we claimed Iraq's oil we would be fighting ISIS, the Iraqi military, Iran, the Arab League and be under international sanctions. At some point somebody will sit Trump down and explain this to him.

Also they will explain the UCMJ to Trump who seems to think the military does not have its own legal system, also that he can not fire and appoint Generals and Admirals only on rare occasions remove one from a position. And even then it causes a crap storm. Obama removed two Generals from their positions and was made out to be a purge of the military. And the were still Generals just not in the same position. Also the Trump love of Putin is disturbing.

And I do not get why he keeps saying he did not support the invasion of Iraq or Libya when he knows they are going to play clips of him right after showing the exact opposite. Maybe he does not know about You Tube?

And he has to know, we know he has no secret plan to defeat ISIS, he does not even seem clear on who ISIS is or that ISIS has been beaten down to two strong holds each on the verge of being attacked in a final battle with ISIS as a military force in Iraq and Syria.

The man is clueless and I know people have tried to set him straight.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Liberals don't see the military as a tool for conquest and gain, they see it as a tool for protection and peace.

Bullcrap! blurbrain.com...

The only difference is liberals want a global homogeny of pleebs dependent on a coalition of international rule and Conservatives acknowledge the world could well exist under an American hegemony if we'd simply rediscover our testicles.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

We weren't the victors!
We didn't go in there to defeat Iraq, how are the victors over a nation we weren't at war with??

Guess those facts don't matter.

I'm painfully aware of the fact that the blundering idiot didn't go into Iraq with the intention of winning the war. That was part of the problem.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

With all do respect F### that. We're already to bloated. I'd rather size down the house to something awesome rather than half ass expanding a broken house. That and if we expand what we have, cooperations will literally own people.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Bullcrap! blurbrain.com...

The only difference is liberals want a global homogeny of pleebs dependent on a coalition of international rule...

What's the problem with that?

and Conservatives acknowledge the world could well exist under an American hegemony if we'd simply rediscover our testicles.

Did you really say that? The world run by a benevolent and hard ass America? Do you believe that?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Either his ego just goes out of control and he sabotaged him self, or he is there to help Hillary win.

Summary, Trump is either an idiot or in on it.

I believe Trump's Narcissistic Personality Disorder would not allow him to intentionally play the role of a loser. This is the real Trump.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join