It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent active shooter reported at Alpine High School

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: intrptr

Why are you applying that logic to stores and bars?

Schools operate much differently and have much more liability then both of those.

Yah they have kids whose minds need to be conditioned to the security state, invasion of privacy, loss of individual rights and freedoms.

The school admin (ruling authority to them) plays lockdown, the same they do in prison. The reason they don't lockdown all the other establishments is because adults know thats ridiculous.

But by the time these kids grow up they (ll) will already be institutionalized from the ground up. Already submitting to road blocks, shelter in place, submitting to search and seizure, etc, etc.

Training and conditioning begins at the youngest age possible.

And it will be the parents that clamored for it.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
The schools and Colleges have become such politically correct indoctrination cesspools it's no wonder some of them go nuts.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
a reply to: Shamrock6

With the free availability of guns in America it shouldn't come as a surprise that she got her hands on one. That's the result of letting the NRA run roughshot over logic and sense.

One day it may be YOUR son or daughter or grandkids involved. Will you still extol the virtues of the lax laws in America while you are staring at their dead, bullet-riddled bodies?

Well I am noticing how well all those common sense laws are working in places like France and Germany right now. So it seems your argument about "freely available guns" being the cause is moot.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have business in Marfa, and they were all abuzz about this today. I don't know many details as its been a busy day for me....but the details I heard are horrifying and lead you to believe that it was related to jealousy.

hearts and prayers, etc. Terrible news from my own backyard.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Absolutely not surprised in the slightest, nor I'd imagine is anyone else who isn't American and/or doesn't support absurd gun laws.

Countdown to the next shooting in 3.....2.....1.......

America reaps what it sows.

If i didn't know any better, id almost think you were actually cheering it on. "So we learn".

Something to consider: Alpine is about an hour from Mexico (Acuna, i believe). And there is VERY little police presence there. I've driven down a road near there that clearly warns you that you have 2 hours of zero support services available ahead of you, and warning you to go back. Whatever laws are in place are loosely enforced, at best. The entire county that Alpine sits in (with Alpine being a university town) has about 6,500 people. Alpine is the "big city" in the area, and has the only restaurants and groceries, other than the teeny tiny Porters over in Marfa. The amount of resources that our state and federal government commit to policing such a sparsely populated area means that even if we had draconian gun laws in the US....they'd still have quite a few out there.

But please, don't let me interrupt.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely not surprised in the slightest, nor I'd imagine is anyone else who isn't American and/or doesn't support absurd gun laws.

Countdown to the next shooting in 3.....2.....1.......

America reaps what it sows.

If i didn't know any better, id almost think you were actually cheering it on. "So we learn".

Nope. Not even close. Sorry. Nice try attempting to demonise me though.

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It ain't demonizing. Those are the words you posted.

"America reap what it sows"....sounds like victim blaming. "They all deserve it for having guns".

"Countdown in 3....2....1....." seems more like looking forward to the "next one".

Listen, the topic is about a girl who shot someone then killed herself. Its not about gun control. If your gonna take the opportunity to take a cheap shot on politics, you have to expect that people will take exception. Its kinda bad taste.

posted on Sep, 10 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

With the free availability of guns in America it shouldn't come as a surprise that she got her hands on one. That's the result of letting the NRA run roughshot over logic and sense.

One day it may be YOUR son or daughter or grandkids involved. Will you still extol the virtues of the lax laws in America while you are staring at their dead, bullet-riddled bodies?

Ahhh the much vaunted "think of the children!" fallacy.

It was illegal for her to have the gun. It was illegal for her to shoot another person. I imagine, though I'm not positive, it was illegal for her to have the gun on school property. So tell me how making it illegal-er would have changed anything?

You can't, because it wouldn't. Your magic wand scenario of making all the guns disappear somehow doesn't work. Nor is it common sense.

And for future reference: don't misinterpret me dismantling your comments as "extolling" anything. Nothing in my comment can be construed as supportive of lax gun laws and attempting to cast it in that light is disingenuous in the extreme. Stick to what I said instead of what you've made up and substituted on my behalf.

posted on Sep, 13 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 16th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Sep 18th 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join