It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada; A Paradise in the Making for North American Illegals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingMonkeyInSpace
They'll be scrambling back over the border after one winter.

The majority of the illegals Americans don't want, reside in California and Texas.

The air is too cool here.

From what I’ve heard and read, the amount of illegal immigration has lessened dramatically over the past few years. Many Mexicans are leaving the U.S. to return to their families and the jobs Corporate America has provided for them within Mexico. The ‘Great Big Wall’ would be a useless artifact keeping those undocumented immigrants who have made a living in America from sneaking back into Mexico.

Fewer Mexicans are migrating to the U.S. today than in the past. In fact, more Mexicans left than came to the U.S since the end of the Great Recession. Between 2009 and 2014, 870,000 Mexican nationals left Mexico to come to the U.S., down from the 2.9 million who left Mexico for the U.S. between 1995 and 2000. Of those moving back to Mexico, many cite family as the reason for their return. About 1 million Mexican immigrants and their U.S.-born children moved from the U.S. to Mexico between 2009 and 2014, and 61% said they had done so to reunite with family or to start a family, according to the 2014 Mexican National Survey of Demographic Dynamics.

www.pewresearch.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jellyrev

Canadians wages are too high, they need to be lowered.

Uhuh... and then lower the taxes to get rid of Health Care and almost livable pensions for everyone after 65.

Good plan.

not.

Solve your own problems instead of fobbing them off on non-Americans.

pfffft.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That's the mean. You can't say Alaska is population dense. 3/4 of a million people in a state that is almost as large as half the lower 48?
I don't see the states I posted earlier as much different.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Shipping 11 million people illegal or otherwise humanely and comfortably across the nation and into another is a logistical nightmare fraught with peril and potently a moral quagmire if ever there was one good intentioned or not.

There is another solution, simply make those 11 million allegedly illegal people who are already in the US legal and have them contribute and pay taxes like the rest of the population.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

OK, then lets divide them up based on total square miles.

Can a topic get any sillier than this?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

OK, then lets divide them up based on total square miles.

I think Russia will still beat us even though their population is 5 times ours.

Can a topic get any sillier than this?

Oh yeah but I'm trying to stay away from the US election.

edit on 7-9-2016 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Nope, density in Russia is 22.

Costa Rica is the answer at 0.01
edit on 9/7/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Don't you just get tickled pink by how some Americans think they can do whatever they want to Canada?

They're so cute with their 'Exceptionalism' and the mindset that the whole world is their little Pomeranian heel nipper that sometimes need a swat, but they still love it to bits.

Yeah... the U.S. election cycle this year.
Ain't it fun?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Awe, you love us, you know you do.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Blame South Park. LoL

Warning contains some bad language.

edit on 7-9-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I used to. In fact all my travels into America were friendly and fun.

Today, I would be nervous driving a car with Canadian plates on it. Maybe the extreme (NY and north) or the West Coast, but into Central and Southern States, no thank you. I don't want to get shot for driving posted limits.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Come on over to Alaska. Our towns and villages are among the friendliest peoples on Earth.

We see so many Canadian plates here, nobody would notice anyway.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Alaska is on my wish list, but I'm not telling anyone. I'll be in the Rockies within months and hoping to hit Haida Gwaii in that trip too. That's pretty close to Alaska, isn't it?

I'll be flying though and then renting a Ford F150 for the scenery.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I had to look that up.

You could probably jump on a ferry up through Ketchikan to Juneau. I've never been to that part of the State. Ferry or by plane is the only way to most of the Alaskan towns in that area. I think plane tickets from Juneau to Anchorage are very cheap and Anchorage is a good place to start on a trip to Denali or down to the Kenai Peninsula. Incredible scenery, either way.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You're most welcome to live in Nunavut.

I think you might even like it and go for citizen status.

ETA: Here's a view on what it's like:

I enjoyed watching that, thanks for posting !

Hubby worked a short-term contract up at the northern tip of Baffin Island last year at an iron mine (he's a millwright) and flew in and out of the job site every two weeks.

They had to fly into Iqaluit so the plane could re-fuel before making the treacherous flight further north, so he got to spend 3-4 hours each trip hanging around the town checking out the sites.

Crazy isolation.... but beautiful down-to-earth friendly people up there !

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

Crazy isolation.... but beautiful down-to-earth friendly people up there !

That's what I found in the NWT. The people are absolutely great, but the weather is what daunts most who try to live and work there. Best money for doing hard work (I had three jobs going for three winters), but raising a family gets a little dicey.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Yep.

For me, the weather and lack of sunlight would be a huge turnoff. But the isolation, the easy-going lifestyle, and the friendly small-town people would be right up my alley.

Hubby on the other hand loves the freezing cold weather, the colder the better. Ever since he did that job on Baffin Island (-50 C temps every day with 40-60 mph winds nonstop, midwinter with only 2 hours of daylight), he's been talking about trying to get a 6 month contract in Antarctica next.

*sigh*

I married a polar bear.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

23 hours of sunlight in the summer months

Winter might feel a little dark though.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
September 7, 2017

Illegal Aliens "Fleeing Trump" and going to Canada are having a hard time. The system is now all jammed up.
hotair.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel a bit bummed reading Masqua's posts?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join