It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada; A Paradise in the Making for North American Illegals

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The issue of illegal immigration is a very difficult one that requires difficult decisions be made. No matter how much we "love" people, or how much respect we have for them, the truth is that borders are necessary for a country to survive, and as such mass illegal immigration can cause many problems. Many people on the left feel that Trumps immigration policy is inhumane, and feel that we need to act with compassion to the illegals (which I do agree we should treat everyone with as much compassion a possible while enforcing our laws).

I have think that I may have came up with a solution to the illegal immigration problems of the United States. Probably the most progressive leader of a country in North America is Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada. He has vowed to treat illegals with respect and compassion, and has even personally accepted refugees. This is great! Now granted, estimates show that Canada has less than 300 thousand illegals (from all the info I could find), but Trudeau is compassionate and knows that these are good people that will help his country.

The solution is simple; take all of the 11 million illegals in the US and humanely and comfortably ship them to Canada! There would be no splitting up of families, everyone can go! Think of the benefits to the illegals. They would now be in a progressive paradise that would treat them with respect, give them free health care, guaranteed standards of living, and have a leader that absolutely loved them. And the people of Canada will have open arms, and won't be like some of the racists in the US that want to control illegal immigration!

And Canada would benefit too! Many progressive defenders of illegal immigration in the US say how much illegals help the economy and how they increase diversity which is a strength. Why should the US reap all of these benefits? Lets be generous neighbors and share this wealth with Canada.

I know people would feel this is unprecedented, but its not. Just this week, Mexico has offered transit visas for African migrants in their country to travel to the US.

latino.foxnews.com...

But this is ok because they would be better off in the US. So by the same standard, if the 11 million plus illegals would be better off in Canada, why not send them there? Canada is so progressive, it is clearly a better place for these illegals to be.

And Canada has already taken steps to relax its immigration stance under Trudeau.

www.canadim.com...

Trudeau has even joked that he would welcome Americans fleeing the US if Trump wins.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

So surely he would be willing to take the illegals that Trump would be unfair to.

Ultimately, I think this would be a win for both Canada and the illegals immigrants. This would also be a victory for progressive ideologies, as it would no doubt show how these illegals make Canada a much better place.

With all of this in mind, I don't see how this isn't a win for all parties involved.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Ultimately, I think this would be a win for both Canada and the illegals immigrants. This would also be a victory for progressive ideologies, as it would no doubt show how these illegals make Canada a much better place.

It would not be a win. As a fellow Canadian, the majority of our 'illegal immigration' issue is from Asian countries who come into port cities like Vancouver or Halifax in the east.

Further more, Canada has a population of just over 36 million at last count I think, which would mean adding a third or more to our total population in the form of illegal immigrants, this is not feasible.

As for the amount of illegals, it's closer to about 50 thousand, than any kind of hundreds of thousands.

Also since our social services are entirely based on tax revenue, it would be counter productive to add a bunch of people to do the system that don't contribute in federal taxes , nor would they have access to these services as immigrants, it would be a pay to play sort of scenario.

~Tenth

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Trudeau is compassionate and knows that these are good people that will help his country.

Yeah most are just average people trying to better themselves and provide a better living for their families, but at only 300,000? that pales, increasing the number to say 11 Million, that's a HUGE jump in percentage of the "bad apples"

Those "bad apples", break the laws and don't give a damn about improving themselves or providing for their families and are just a continuous drain on society which just increases yearly.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

What you are suggesting is sloughing off America's 'Big Problem' onto Canada. I don't believe that is going to fly. As you might be aware, there are huge tracts of land in our north that lie empty, but there's a reason for that.

Haven't you watched Revenant yet?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

LOL

You seem confused, I know there is an element of satire in your post but it appears that you mean what you typed. If this is all sarcasm then you got me, otherwise...

Fix your own backyard before you plan on passing the the buck to the "progressives" up North.

You have a problem with Justin Trudeau?

He's annoying but he's not the one calling the shots.

The Trudeaus are just like the Clintons and Bushes...just bloodlines passing the torch.

Don't make Canada burn down your White House again

edit on 7-9-2016 by DigitalVigilante420 because: White House

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Wait ... let me get this straight.

You mean you Canadians are all about chiding us for not wanting to have huge numbers of illegals foisted off on us and think we are awful for wanting to send them home, but when we offer to let you put your money and country where your mouths are, you all balk and admit that unchecked illegal immigration crates hug problems and pulla NIMBY?

Next thing I know, you guys'll go all Trump and start wanting a southern border wall ...

edit on 7-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

You sound like every Trump supporter in America. you know, like a racist, xenophobic, and fascist(did I leave any out).

Mass immigration is a negative, especially when the immigrants(legal or illegal) don't want to assimilate into the culture already there, but only wants the tax based services that they would get.

That's the idea, immigration overload the system and changes the culture. You obviously see it, when it's your culture and tax dollars, but do you see it when it's America or Europe's culture and tax dollars?

That's why Trump's supporters want immigration law followed not ignored

edit on 7-9-2016 by thinline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
11 million in a single influx would probably collapse our system. That aside, if they were sent in waves, I don't really see a long term downside.

Not to say that it wouldn't be challenging, even in waves, but Canada was founded on surpassing challenges, what's another?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good grief. No! We don't want them .
I fail to see how shipping them here doesn't split up the families. You didn't explain that part.

Ship them south where they came from.

We have enough immigrants here and quite frankly every Latino I know is a drug dealer, same with Asians. My daughter dated a Latino. Super nice guy, always seemed to have lots of money. Then one day she asks if he can borrow 3 grand from me. I said no way, I thought he had money? Next thing you know my granddaughter was at his house being robbed at gun point, then it came out he was smuggling drugs across the border. He got busted in a sting operation. It's a real mess. I better not say anymore about it.

I dudnt support Trudeau bringing in refugees. When you say "personally" you mean he took them into his home???

I immigrated to Cznada the legal way and they can too!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: peck420

Here's the thing ... we don't get them in waves. They just come whenever they feel like it. So if ou are going to take on illegals like we do, you don't get any say over how they arrive. No control over your immigration, that implies a coherent immigration policy which you currently have. We do not, and we wnt one. Stop criticizing us for tryingto implement one so that our nice things don't collapse. K?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Shouldn't it be Canada's liberal duty to open the floodgates and allow Mexican's & Syrian refugees to flow in? Don't you know how bad it sucks there? Look at all that space you have up there. Canada should be on the special Horder Nation episode of Horders.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Let's not let this become a U.S. election issue and stick to the immigration question.

There's a reason why Canada is good at absorbing many thousands of immigrants every year. It's called inclusiveness, an idea that does not work so well in other countries like France, America and many others. There is a citizen initiative set up to help immigrants get their feet on the ground, but we do this in a timely, efficient manner, ensuring that all who come here are able to become part of our society and tax-paying citizens eventually, growing our population.

What the OP is suggesting is to move all 11 millions undocumented immigrants up here. That would increase our present population by another third. There is no way our social system could handle such an influx. We need to keep adding immigrants in a measured and doable way.

Slinging insults like racist, xenophobic, fascist at Canadians isn't going to fly with me and it won't fly with the half of Americans that support Trump either. There are a few other considerations at play here. Not everything has to do with immigrants in the election, like the economy, free trade issues, policing and the military.

Fix your own problems before fobbing them off on some other countries. You made that mess, so deal with it. We have our own troubles to get through without America adding to them.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Once you get enough of them up there you guys can finally have an Endless Canadian Argument aboot it just like we've been having for the past 20 years:

Ours involves innertubes & fedora's instead of ice blocks though.

edit on 7-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This election is a world wide show. That keeps on getting weirder and weirder everyday.

If they do move north it's not likely they'll move in small numbers, nothing less than a million or two. Maybe Canada will luck out and they just won't like the weather there.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Build the wall. . . . . . . eh.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Here's the thing ... we don't get them in waves. They just come whenever they feel like it.

So what? The premise of the OP is to pass them off to the next stop. To do so would require control.

So if you are going to take on illegals like we do, you don't get any say over how they arrive. No control over your immigration, that implies a coherent immigration policy which you currently have. We do not, and we want one. Stop criticizing us for trying to implement one so that our nice things don't collapse. K?

I made no comment about the US's policy, only about how Canada could take them if the OP's premise was enacted.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

What makes Americans think the weather up here is unlivable? Y'all still thinK we live in igloos?

I look at my thermometer and it's reading 33 Cels (90F) and the humidex has it up over 40 Cels.

How about America move all 11 millions undocumented to Hawaii's Big Island. At least you'll be taking care of your own problems instead of giving them to another nation.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
10 Proposed Liberal Reforms to Canada’s Immigration System

1. Double the number of immigration applications allowed for parents and grand-parents sponsorship from 5,000 to 10,000 visas per year.

2. Double the budget for processing family class immigration applications to reduce wait times

3. Increase points allocation to applicants who have siblings in Canada on their Express Entry application

4. Lift the visa requirement for Mexican travel to Canada.

5. Eliminate the $1000 Labour Market Impact Assessment fee for families seeking caregivers to care for family members with physical or mental disabilities.

6. Restoring free access to healthcare for refugee/asylum seekers pending a decision on their case by the government.

7. They have pledged to make it easier for international students to achieve Canadian Citizenship. The exact details are not specified, but they have stated they will do this by making adjustments to the Canadian Experience Class program that will ‘remove barriers’ to international students.

8. Restore the Canadian Citizenship residency time credit for international students in Canada.

9. Bypass the two year wait period for “conditional permanent residence” for spouses of sponsored individuals.

10. Restore the maximum age for dependents from 19 to 22, making it easier for immigrants to bring their older children to Canada.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
For the record,

For Canada to absorb the illegal immigrants from the US, at the same rate that the US absorbed them in the first place, we would need to accommodate approximately 511,000 persons per year.

Not insurmountable.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Better idea, yet.

Let's all of us US citizens move to Canada and leave this place to the immigrants!

I could live in Canada. What's not to like? Tim Horton's. Gordon Lightfoot. Everybody's polite.

(Well, there is that whole damned unfortunate Celine Dion thing, but let's just agree to ignore that.)
edit on 2016 9 07 by incoserv because: I could

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join