It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters including children mauled by attack dogs let loose by private merc's

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

whilst I'm in two minds about this what society are we living in when dogs are let loose on protestors. I dont know all the ins or outs but I would have thought that water being an essential service there are other considerations.

Maybe there needs to be a few hundred cameras on them and some independant witnesses and see if the toothless U N may help?
Which oil giant is it maybe direct boycott of their products. there is power in choosing where to spend your $$

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Take human shields of women and children into a hostile confrontation.

Yes people standing there with signs is hostile.

The pipeline needs security,

Apparently the protesters need it more.

these are pre terror attacks designed to break down security so that infrastructure can be sabotaged at any time.

Not wanting a pipeline that threatens their way of life is a pre terror attack?

Those Indian groups need to be thoroughly investigated to ascertain what foreign enemy influence they have succumbed to.

The Mercs should be investigated along with the oil companies they are working for. The dogs should have been shot when they attacked and their handlers beaten with in an inch of their life.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Vicious animal's used by Fascist animal's.
I actually think that this is a crime against human right's under international law and should be pursued as such.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I've read that the protesters broke thru the gates and assaulted the security and that no protesters were hurt but a couple of security personal and two dogs were injured by protesters, like shamrock said the video has been turned over to local authorities.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, were they intruding on someone else's property? If so, the security guards were acting in self-defense. What would you do if a group of people broke into your home?

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

The Mercs should be investigated along with the oil companies they are working for. The dogs should have been shot when they attacked and their handlers beaten with in an inch of their life.

That's the spirit buster more violence is needed in this world.

You need help.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
This is just a taste of what is to come I think.

Private security firms being given the green light to behave in whatever manner they see fit, as long as they disperse any protest, even peaceful ones.

Being paid, no doubt handsomely, to attack anyone questioning the morality and environmental impact of such projects.

Police for the people at the top, private security for the projects they give the nod to, particularly controversial projects.

You go through local government to protest any projects that their districts oversee. There are plenty of cases where local opposition to projects taken through legal avenues have succeeded. Across the whole nation people successfully opposed having nuclear waste sites or even having nuclear waste travel by rail through their districts. This wasn't done by mobbing security or taking up terrorist tactics.

Terrorist tactics? Man you really have been sucked in by the media talk. Anybody protesting outside of the relevant beaurocratic red tape, are terrorists. That has really made me LOL!!

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Wow, neither you nor the protesters are judge, jury, and executioner.

It is up to the courts to decide if one is guilty and if so, the subsequent punishment.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Private security as in hired by the corporations to fend off protesters that claim said corporations are violating their treaty with the US gubment, running a pipeline through their private lands.

In that regard sicking dogs on private citizens is as illegal as Native Americans going to the job site, spraying pepper spray and sicking dogs on the work crews.

But the gubment and local authorities are looking the other way under 'imminent dominion'.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's working. Citizens who now believe peaceful protests should be dealt violence and the Constitution that support freedom such as protest is to be ignored.
edit on 9/5/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You do know that private security companies have been in existence like...forever, right? And have literally, quite literally, operated in the continental US and pretty much every other country on the planet, for pretty much forever? Private security runs the gamut of "observe and report" rent-a-cops to fully licensed armed security with arrest powers. Acting as if this is some kind of new thing is pretty mind boggling.

And there isn't really much of a media blackout on this. There's literally dozens of articles from MSM sources about the event. Just most of them speak to both sides story of what went down a wee bit more than free thought project does and don't go ham so hard on the buzzwords. Strange concept, I know.

You mean such as the Pinkertons or as they are known today Securita's.
who at one time were banned from the state of Ohio because their numbers were so great that they could be in theory employed as private army. Yet today corporations can get away with hiring uniformed thugs that use dogs to attack a displaced peoples. Yeah real legit and nothing to see here...

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Everything the free thought project puts out should be scrutinized heavily.

I will wait for more info myself.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Private security firms being given the green light to behave in whatever manner they see fit, as long as they disperse any protest, even peaceful ones.

Being paid, no doubt handsomely, to attack anyone questioning the morality and environmental impact of such projects.

Police for the people at the top, private security for the projects they give the nod to, particularly controversial projects.

You go through local government to protest any projects that their districts oversee. There are plenty of cases where local opposition to projects taken through legal avenues have succeeded. Across the whole nation people successfully opposed having nuclear waste sites or even having nuclear waste travel by rail through their districts. This wasn't done by mobbing security or taking up terrorist tactics.

Terrorist tactics? Man you really have been sucked in by the media talk. Anybody protesting outside of the relevant beaurocratic red tape, are terrorists. That has really made me LOL!!

Here is another more true representation of the story already posted here by Thesaneone,

I've read that the protesters broke thru the gates and assaulted the security and that no protesters were hurt but a couple of security personal and two dogs were injured by protesters, like shamrock said the video has been turned over to local authorities.

Yes, terrorist tactics cut and dried, open and shut case.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I am not surprised law enforcement would support this action. It's no longer about crime, it about what those in power desire.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
It's working. Citizens who now believe peaceful protests should be dealt violence and the Constitution that support freedom such as protest is to be ignored.

This was no peaceful protest so your argument doesn't even get one foot forward.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Here is another more true representation of the story already posted here by Thesaneone,

Without any links to the quote posted?

Open and shut, my dear Sherlock?

You really crack me up man, please continue, please don't stop. Ha ha ha.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You can't even be bothered to read the thread can you? If you had you would have seen the quote was from a response in this very thread a few posts up from my response. Lol, you need a link to scroll up a few posts? That is pathetic.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline

What kind of parents take kids to a protest?

This ^^^ You use your kids as human shields then try to get sympathy when they get hit. Duh. And how did you get to the protest? If you did not walk, you're a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

You can't even be bothered to read the thread can you? If you had you would have seen the quote was from a response in this very thread a few posts up from my response. Lol, you need a link to scroll up a few posts? That is pathetic.

Oh I have read the thread perfectly.

thesaneone's post is hearsay, they have heard that is what has happened, but failed to pos a link to back it up. Pure hearsay, not a open and shut case at all.

You are doing what everyone else has been accused of doing. It reflects your own take on the episode and you are willing to open and shut the case. Please reassure me you don't work in law.
edit on 5/9/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

According to NDDES the two tanks that were removed are gone because a) the state put them on land belonging to the corps of engineers, and they weren't allowed to do so and b) those two tanks did not constitute the entirety of the water supply provided to the protestors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join