It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical: The People Unite

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Let's ignore for a second whether you support Hillary or not, let's assume she's clearly proven the epitome of corruption, that she has broken the laws of our country beyond a shadow of a doubt. Let's say it's clear as day and not even the most ardent follower can excuse her any longer, and they let her off anyway.

Now here's the scenario and it's quite the stretch, and would likely never happen, but for a hypothetical let's say it does.

So here it is, every citizen, down to the very last doesn't go to work the very next day, each one gets a sign that varies but basically comes down to, "Put Hillary where she belongs, put her in prison!" and we all march out our front doors and fill the streets, and head in the direction of DC with our signs the demand for justice coming from the lips of every citizen.

What do you think happens? What do you think should happen?

More additional questions:

Now that we're united, what else should we demand, sparked by this unity? What things do you think we could all agree on, which things will break this unity apart? How far can we push this? The scenario is what I said above, where do you want to go with it?
edit on 9/2/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Actually, sure. Why not? One condition though.

We also jail every person involved with getting Citizen's United passed. Every. Single. One.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

I hate Citizen's United, I'm cool with that. I'm going to add more to the post you just inspired me.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What do you think happens?

I think everyone will march around for a bit and then go home as soon as they get hungry or tired.

This may sound odd, but if they had evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was guilty, I have faith that our justice system would have put her behind bars.

What do you think should happen?

I think people need to get over this obsession with Hillary. It's getting old.

Find some real evidence she is a crook, a murderer or whatever else you want to pin on her, and let's put her in prison. Otherwise, quit wasting our time.

Edit: I agree concerning CU. SCOTUS got it wrong.
edit on 2-9-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The tactic will work because if she kills everyone, who can vote for her ? Answer : 0 people.

Who pays government wages if every tax-payer is killed ?

It will be like a dog of war biting off the hand of its master (tax-payer) that feeds it bones.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

You should check out Mikhail Bakunin.

Speaking hypothetically and if people could be united, then I think the works of Bakunin are important

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I'll give you a pass on being incapable of truly handling a hypothetical and pushing aside your personal bias.

I'm only doing this, however, because at least I know you'd stand with us against Citizen's United.

Quick though, your opinion on the TPP?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
What do you think happens? What do you think should happen?

I think the Republicans would use that as a mandate to prosecute her and a new wave of charges would begin. After that I expect a court would throw them out (assuming there's just as much merit as there are with the current charges), and remind people that we have a legal system and we don't create political prisoners in the US whose only crime is being unpopular.

Now that we're united, what else should we demand, sparked by this unity? What things do you think we could all agree on, which things will break this unity apart? How far can we push this? The scenario is what I said above, where do you want to go with it?

I expect the unity would last for all of 5 minutes, because while Americans mostly want the same things political parties are all too happy to divide people over how to get those things. Once you get into the details of how to achieve something rather than the results themselves there is next to no unity. This shouldn't surprise you either, people have opinions, and people have very different levels of knowledge on each field. The informed and uninformed on a subject won't have the same opinion, and even two informed people can come to different conclusions.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

What do you think happens?

This may sound odd, but if they had evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was guilty, I have faith that our justice system would have put her behind bars.

No! Obama's Department of Justice has proven beyond a shadow of doubt that it can not be trusted to uphold law and justice for all.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Good to know you believe that even if we united we'd be impotent.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

edit on 2016-09-02T19:58:34-05:0007pmFri, 02 Sep 2016 19:58:34 -0500FridayAmerica/Chicago3430 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2016-09-02T20:04:18-05:0008pmFri, 02 Sep 2016 20:04:18 -0500FridayAmerica/Chicago1830 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Aazadan

Good to know you believe that even if we united we'd be impotent.

That's because being united is a flawed concept, people are never going to be united, they have too many conflicting ideas. You can take virtually any field today and find experts that believe totally contradictory things, society is like this as well. At best a general direction can be set, but when you get down to implementing the details a large percentage of the population is going to disagree.

Let me give an example. If you ask Americans if we should be safe in our homes 95% or more are going to say yes (there's always the oddball like me who reads more into the question and will say no). But there's vastly different interpretations of what that means. Some will take it to mean a fast 911 response, others take it to mean being armed, others mean harsh prison sentences that get criminals off the streets. Those are all very different responses and people will fracture in their support depending on those details.

In the end it's not numbers that matter. I've found in life that anyone can get anything enacted, whether that's a business adopting a policy or a government passing some new law. All you need is a good idea and the right sales pitch for it. Public support doesn't really factor into things.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   

If the scenario played out as you said, then pretty much any other party would be able to use it as leverage to get people to vote for them. Additionally, going off of what happened for several cases in the past...If such a thing happened, then you might find that the Clinton's have decided to take a "vacation" or appear to disappear from the media.

One of the better examples I can think of: People were screaming that the cop Darren Wilson should have gotten jail time for what he did. He's not in prison right now, but more or less "in hiding". I would suspect that should your scenario play out, Clinton would find a new place to live and hide out from the media.

As for how far this crowd should go - why stop with one politician? Send all of them to war, and the person that comes back victorious shall be our king.

EDIT: Also - The only connection I'm bringing with Darren Wilson is that I feel Clinton would go into hiding like he did, should people protest that they should be in jail. Nothing to do with his crimes.
edit on 3/9/2016 by fossilera because:

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
If we pulled our money out of the banks and boycotted all major lobbying corporations we'd destroy them or force them to take such drastic actions the army/police they depend on might revolt.

new topics

top topics

join