It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion at Space X Facility, Cape Canaveral

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Yep. That's what caught my attention there.

That doesn't look right at all. But, I'm certainly no expert on static fire testing.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zarniwoop
@ at about 1:10

Wow...

Holy hell that's some explosion. Talk about a major setback for SpaceX.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Just curious, in the video, do you guys see something shooting at the rocket right at 1:10/1:11 mark. its right to left, and seems to hit the rocket right as it blows... Maybe I'm seeing something.. Anyone else notice?

Ok, I watched it very slowly.. Definitely something coming from the right side of the screen to the left.. I wish I could take a screen shot
edit on 1-9-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Holy barbecue grill!

That came from the second-stage LOX tank. Looks like a leak between it and the second-stage fuel tank.

I found a layout of the Falcon 9 on page 10 of the user manual (pdf format).

I am not familiar with the exact procedure for this testing, but they weren't testing stage 2 were they? That would seem a little... ridiculous... to me?

TheRedneck

edit on 9/1/2016 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

I saw that too and made this...

I really hope that is a fly.

Very spooky at full speed

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   
CNN said they were fueling the rocket.

You know they have signs for 'No Smoking'.
Now they need some for 'No Exploding".

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I saw that too and made this...

I really hope that is a fly.

Very spooky at full speed

Maybe some kind of drone camera? It did catch my attention, which had me pulling still shots and I caught the same exact thing you did..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

There are a bunch of examples of flies and birds throughout the video. I"m pretty sure it is one of those two

just the timing looked really spooky.

ETA: here is a different one tracking the critter. My first one I think was tracking different objects

edit on 9.1.2016 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I am not familiar with the exact procedure for this testing, but they weren't testing stage 2 were they? That would seem a little... ridiculous... to me?

Yeah that would seem ridiculous.

Something very strange and unexpected happened methinks.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It gets to the rocket a good two or three frames after the explosion starts. Can't be the cause.

Were they fueling the second stage? Why? That engine should never fire until after separation... it's pointing toward the first stage fuel and LOX tanks!

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Straight from the horses twitter mouth.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

You have to slow it down, its very fast moving and linear in track, right to left. very clear. Great pickup!

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

the usual speculation: if it's a true UFO, then there are the usual implications. UFO's have been seen at launchpad explosions before, possibly causal.

If it's a drone - then the source would be terrestrial, with nefarious intent?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: drphilxr

I"m pretty sure it's a fly close the camera. You can see examples of flies and birds throughout the vid that look similar. This one just happens to appear right around the explosion.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

did you not notice how fast that was travelling? pretty fast for a "critter" - i had to slow the loop down by 1/4 speed to even catch it.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

yep. that's why I'm going with "fly close to camera" rather than bird close to pad.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

just leaving you with a thought on the bird close to camera idea - doesn't the object look like it's receding?

away from blast? and behind the cone? it just doesn't look too "close". But you could still be correct.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

It is a true UFO. It's obviously an object, it's moving through the air, and we haven't definitely figured out what it is yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Nah I see a little black spot going right past from right to left. there are other little black spots that confused me when I was putting my sequence together. But I think the fly in question exits stage left after it blows up the Falcon.

ETA: The more I look at it, it looks like a bird, not a fly.
edit on 9.1.2016 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Nah I see a little black spot going right past from right to left. there are other little black spots that confused me when I was putting my sequence together. But I think the fly in question exits stage left after it blows up the Falcon.

ETA: The more I look at it, it looks like a bird, not a fly.

That's an awfully convenient coincidence though. At least to me, It looks like some sort of projectile. And the way it blows up right were the object shows it's going threw. I duno man. Just seems a bit off doesn't it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join