It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left-handed people

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What about ambidextrous people? (sp) I can use both hands for most things but only clocked on about a year ago so I can't write or draw properly with my left otherwise I get confused with normal things like opening bottles at times cause I use the 'wrong hand'.

Its odd but it means I've always got the advantage when playing pool.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I was just watching the movie "The Gift", about a woman who uses ESP to help the police. I noticed in the movie that Keanu Reeves hits Katie Holmes with his left hand. So, I looked on the list of left-handed actors, and he is also a leftie!

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Im also left handed,

Writing, and picking up things in general i use my left hand,
Bat left handed
Throw left handed
Mouse right handed, dunno if thats because its my true hand or just because thats the hand i had to use during my school years.
Racket type sports, ambidextrous
Have alot of difficulty doing anything other then basic math and geometry,
Problem solving isnt a problem for me at all.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 02:53 AM
link   
hi i am also left handed, fortunately i was not forced to the 'dark side' at school, and am lucky enough to live in australia, where we drive on the left. so i shift gears with my 'proper' hand, play guitar lefthanded and rh guitar upside down, shoot a lefthanded rifle with both eyes open, use a cricket bat righthanded, use a mouse with my left, i read every alternate line of text backwards,so can rip through text at a great rate with v high retention, mostly colour blind. i am also a high functioning autistic (disassociated psychopathy) which i don't think is related to handedness, more a side effect of a malformed limbic system. but my handedness makes me very good at my job, which involves problem solving and multitasking, as well as physical restraint and confinement.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Ok, another lefty. The reason for our bad handwriting is because our hand is in the way of what we read. So we have to write "upside down" in order to read it. That's what my English teacher told me in 3rd grade. That is why we curve our hand up.

I do almost everything left handed. Always have. Luckily, my parents never tried to force me to do anything right handed. I think that is where ambridexious people fall in.

I think most studies are flawed because they study an older group that was forced into right-handedness. This messed with their mind and led to many problems including early death. Nowadays, left-handedness is more accepted and a higher percentage is turning out to be left handed.

I was brought up in the 60-70s with 4 other children who were all right handed. I was showed how to do things right handed and then it was up to me to learn how to do it left handed or simply fall in with the crowd. Perhaps this is why lefties are smarter.

My friends all make fun of my left handedness and I do too. It's only a disability/minority if you allow it to be.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I wonder did they made a survey which country/culutre has the most lefty just for interset?

Could you use both hand at once

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Sorry to resurrect old threads but I guess I should say that I'm naturally left handed, however I've trained myself to be ambidextrous in most things.

I can do nearly anything, from using a mouse, weilding a knife, using scissors, ambidextrous. However I cannot write right handed (curious how right and write are pronounced the same), of course my normal left handed writing is better read after going through an enigma machine, so I'm a horrid writer all around. Oddly enough I'm slightly better at sports when going right handed, of course I'm good enough left to screw with the minds of the opponents.

But I must note, I'm definatly not gay, I'm not the spawn of Satan, I'm not a terrorist (I've heard that remark about lefties before, just because Osama's actually a lefty), I'm not hyper aggresive, and I'm not retarded (my IQ level is supposedly at least 150-160 according to a few different tests).

Oddly enough I only know of two other lefties in my entire family, both being blood related. My uncle who is very smart, but pretty introverted. And my great grand uncle, who got a lot of smacks on the wrisk from nuns at school, and he a tank mechanic in WWII (mechanical skill seems to run in the family). So I don't know if it's hereditary or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Left handed people are forced to become asmbidextrous if want to survive, yes I managed to use mouse with right hand or shift gears, or open cans or play a piano, you really don'e have a choice, but I tried to write with right hand and think I can do it with less training then when I learned to write with left hand. A lot of things are made for the right handed people, and it is logical, but still we have significant number of left handed, I think that can be heritable, btw I heard monkeys are 50 50 left and right handed is it truth or myth?

posted on Jul, 16 2005 @ 12:26 AM
link   
It is a shame that I've had to go ambi yet most people don't have to in order to use most products. I never understood why everything, especially in schools is made for right handed people. Sure theres more of them but that doesn't mean that us lefties dont' exist.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
also a lefty here, and find our 'orientation' are somewhat more adept at:
creativity
quietness
clairvoyance
expressiveness
virginal/reserved
open-mindedness
passionate/romantic
gardening, mother nature

what else??