It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

second coming

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:31 AM
link   
im just wondering how the person who is to be the second jesus will know who thay are? jesus was born to a normal woman (except she was virgin) but how did he know he was son of god? i expect seond jesus to be born on earth how will they know to lead humanuty into whatever what signs to look for to tell if you are second jesus? does any one out there think they are jesus or prophet or know anyone that is?

[edit on 21-1-2005 by tiddly54]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The second coming of Jesus will not be like the first. He will not be born but descend from Heaven.

The only person who will be/has been born whose identity is a mystery until the truth is revealed is the antichrist.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
When you look at the state this world is currently in and the problems we all face now and in the future. What really annoys me is all these people who seem to think no matter how bad things get, even if we are on the verge of completely destroying ourselves and this beautiful planet, there is always someone or something that will return, rescue us and save the day.

Anyone who believes this nonesense needs a reality check. Get it thourgh your thick heads, the only person that can save you is you. When things start to get tough dont bother waiting around for Jesus, Mohammed, benevolent Aliens or even GOD to save you, becauise they are not coming!!!!!!!

I think its about time that humanity woke up and accepted this. It is we who are in complete control of our own lifes. What happens now and in the future is up to humanity itself. You only get one chance, if we blow it, then we will go the way of the Dodo, Extinct!!!!!!!

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
When you look at the state this world is currently in and the problems we all face now and in the future. What really annoys me is all these people who seem to think no matter how bad things get, even if we are on the verge of completely destroying ourselves and this beautiful planet, there is always someone or something that will return, rescue us and save the day.

Anyone who believes this nonesense needs a reality check. Get it thourgh your thick heads, the only person that can save you is you. When things start to get tough dont bother waiting around for Jesus, Mohammed, benevolent Aliens or even GOD to save you, becauise they are not coming!!!!!!!

I think its about time that humanity woke up and accepted this. It is we who are in complete control of our own lifes. What happens now and in the future is up to humanity itself. You only get one chance, if we blow it, then we will go the way of the Dodo, Extinct!!!!!!!

Take Care
Kindred

I love the part where you say this:

Jesus isn't coming neither is God... lol that is great. You do know that Jesus is God in Christianity correct? That is why i find it funny.

However, given the way things are going right now, fits almost PERFECTLY with how the end of times are supposed to go according to the bible, so you better be believing something big is going to happen to show you up. Will you be able to notice the signs of the Anti-Christ or will you find yourself in hell with his mark is the better question. I think you need to do a little background research into religions.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   
First off no one will even no it is the end times until it is too late. Everybody already thinks it is so thus it can't be.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 06:33 AM
link   
As people have quoted the bible many times before...."God will come like a theif in the night....no one knows the hour or the day."
So, just keep ya heads up and watch for signs, as they predict in Matthew. Although, wars, rumors of wars, famine, and earthquakes have been happening through and through every century.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ryanp5555

Jesus isn't coming neither is God... lol that is great. You do know that Jesus is God in Christianity correct? That is why i find it funny.

I have an interest in all Religions inc Christianity and your wrong according to the bible Jesus Is not GOD.

Is Jesus Really God?

Without a doubt, you have often heard the claim that Jesus is God, the second person in the "Holy Trinity". However, the very Bible which is used as a basis for knowledge about Jesus and as the basis for doctrine within Christianity clearly belies this claim.

1. God is All Knowing... but Jesus was not.

When speaking of the Day of Judgment, Jesus clearly gave evidence of a limitation on his knowledge when he said, "but of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in Heaven, neither the son, but the Father." (Mark 13:32 and Matt 24:36) But God knows all. His knowledge is without any limitations. That Jesus, of his own admission, did not know when the Day of Judgment would be, is clear proof that Jesus is not all-knowing, and that Jesus is therefore not God.

2. God is All-Powerful... but Jesus was not.

While Jesus performed many miracles, he himself admitted that the power he had was not his own, but derived from God. He said, "Verily I say unto you, the Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do..." (John 5:19) Again he said, "I can of mine own self do nothing: As I hear I judge, and my judgment is just because I seek not mine own will but the will of the Father which has sent me." (John 5:30) But God is not only all-powerful, He is also the source of all power and authority. That Jesus, of his own admission, could do nothing on his own is clear proof that Jesus is not all-powerful, and that therefore Jesus is not God.

3. God does not have a God... but Jesus did have a God.

God is the ultimate judge and refuge for all, and He does not call upon nor pray to any others. But Jesus acknowledged that there was one whom he worshipped and to whom he prayed when he said, "I ascend unto my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God." (John 20:17) He is also reported to have cried out while on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Matt 27:46) If Jesus were God, then couldn't this be read "Myself, myself, why hast thou forsaken me?" Would that not be pure nonsense? When Jesus prayed the Lord's prayer (Luke 11:2-4) was he praying to himself? When in the garden of Gethsemane he prayed, "O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: Nevertheless, not as I will but as thou wilt." (Matt 26:36-39) Was Jesus praying to himself? That Jesus, of his own admission, and by his own actions, acknowledged, worshipped and prayed to another being as God, is clear proof that Jesus himself is not God.

Personally I dont want to get into an argument about the definition of GOD because to be frank no one knows for certain. Everyone has there own beliefs and opinions which I respect.

The point of my original post is that I myself will not be waiting around for someone to save me and neither should anyone else. The way I see it your playing with fire. This world and humanity is in trouble and if those who care about there future dont act now then soon it will be too late to do anything to reverse the inevitable outcome. The complete destruction of both humanity and the Earth itself.

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The point of my original post is that I myself will not be waiting around for someone to save me and neither should anyone else. The way I see it your playing with fire. This world and humanity is in trouble and if those who care about there future dont act now then soon it will be too late to do anything to reverse the inevitable outcome. The complete destruction of both humanity and the Earth itself.

Wise words. Even now as another ice shelf breaks off- which could have a marked effect on the continental plates- causing earthquakes and tidal waves [hey it's a theory based on reality at least
] ..instead of people actually seeing a connection and realising that it's possibly because of rising temporaters.. they pass the buck and decide that god is just having a tantrume. Gives them an out for taking responsibilty for actually taking care of the planet. Laziness. God isn't going to patch the hole in the ozone layer is he?

[edit on 21-1-2005 by riley]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Even now as giant squid wash up on California beaches, could not man's freewill be his undoing. Could God not let man's decissions cause the worlds demise. I love those who do not believe in God or a higher power and compare humans to Dodoo birds. It was man's actions (introduction of pig's) that caused their extinction. Either there is a God or Not a God. If not what keeps all men from raping and pilliaging and living for "the moment"! Why must we put human charicteristics on God or a "Force" that we have now way to comprehend. Many things have hapened in my life that were more than "just a coincidence".

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Riley - My sentiments exactly - Spot on

Take Care
Kindred

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
he asks his father why has he forsaken him first off. Now, The trinity has seperate powers, i'm sure you are well aware of that. The father, the creator of the heavens and earth, the spirit, the divine being that comes through people and shows them the ways and brings them to God, and the Son, Jesus, the forgiver, the one who died so we no longer had to sacrafice animals lives and instead could be recieved in heaven. The one we have the relationship with is Jesus, no one will enter heaven but through me. Then his whole speech about how he will turn those away who have done all the right deeds and done everything he asked, but didn't have a personal relationship with him. That is how the holy trinity works.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hmmm... it's funny how humans actually fill the role of the anti-christ (not that I spend too much time obsessing over that concept!!) in that we are so destructive both with our planet and within the human race. Who said it - Riley?? Yes, we will destroy ourselves -- I won't blame God for that - that's our fault - all our own fault!

I'm not very proud to be a human - sounds like a bumper sticker in the making! Talk about a profound lack of self esteem - a person who is disgusted by their own lineage - ewe I'm human! Kidding - sorta

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fourth horseman
Even now as giant squid wash up on California beaches, could not man's freewill be his undoing. Could God not let man's decissions cause the worlds demise.

Well then it wouldn't be 'His' judgement/punnishment.. it'd be just humanity's choice.

If not what keeps all men from raping and pilliaging and living for "the moment"!

Believing in god has NEVER kept men from raping and pilliaging. That is a fallacy. If it did there would never have been things such as the crusades, inquisitions, and there would have been no priests raping children.

Religion and morality do not go hand in hand..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
kindred (NOT)
How sad to see someone condemn themselves to the nothingness of our existence in earth. I do feel bad for whatever it was that hurt you enough to develop hatred this deep. Remember, St Theresa once said - this life from the perspective of heaven is nothing more than one night in a bad hotel.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If not what keeps all men from raping and pilliaging and living for "the moment"!

ähmmmm, The Police?

I dont care if a god exist, if he does i am certainly not a fan of him. him who lets die innocent babies for no reason. the almighty babykiller, hahaha.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by feyd rautha]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Sorry Paraclete what are you talking about. Since when have I resorted to hatred in my posts.

Why dont you come down off your perch and actually take the time to read my post properly and stop being so judgmental and condescending.

The only thing I'm guilty of is caring about humanities future as well as this planet. Geez why dont you line me up against a wall and stone me.

By the way I do not lead an empty life. I've got way too much common sense to take for granted whats written in the bible, unlike you. I'm more interested in finding my own truth, hence that is why I have a life.

I have an interest in buddhism and I certainly could certainly teach you a thing or two about spirituality and how you should treat other human beings.

Take Care
kindred

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Kindred I just want to say your the biggest jerk face I have ever seen on these boards!!!! NOT!!!!!!!! Just kidding. Really how could anyone interpret your post to have been hateful or even bashing of god. I swear sometimes people are so sensitive.

Your doing well kindred, you keep on seeking your own truth, and in the end I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sorry Paraclete what are you talking about. Since when have I resorted to hatred in my posts.

Why dont you come down off your perch and actually take the time to read my post properly and stop being so judgmental and condescending.

The only thing I'm guilty of is caring about humanities future as well as this planet. Geez why dont you line me up against a wall and stone me.

By the way I do not lead an empty life. I've got way too much common sense to take for granted whats written in the bible, unlike you. I'm more interested in finding my own truth, hence that is why I have a life.

I have an interest in buddhism and I certainly could certainly teach you a thing or two about spirituality and how you should treat other human beings.

Take Care
kindred

Yet you act as though us Christians are lesser than you because of what we believe. If you can't see that in that very post than i will help you out some:

now because we are chrisitans and believe in the bible that makes us lesser to you? You know nothing of life stories than, and are far less spiritual than you say. Also, us as Christians have no common sense? Seriously, that is just arrogance. Some of us have already found our truth in life, and it happens to be Christianity, believe it or not. You know nothing about one persons story vs. the next, and are assuming you know it all. Get over yourself.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Thanks Fallout Shelter - appreciate your humour lol, same to you have a great life

Your right people are way too sensitive. Anyway I apoligise if i have rubbed anyone up the wrong way, that was not my intention. This is a discussion board after all and I would like to think that people can express there opinions and beliefs without being bashed.

Ryanp: Again I apologise if I said anything to offend you. Our beliefs differ some what and nodoubt they will continue to differ until hell freezes over. So lets just leave it at that. As for me thinking I'm better. You couldn't be more wrong. Anyone who is morally a half decent human being is equal in my eyes.

Take Care
kindred

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
well than okay. I agree to disagree with you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join