It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory of the Mandela effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Hello,
I saw several topics on the Mandela effect. I thought it was all explainable in a ration way. So when the 007 jaws meets girl with brace topic came up I was perplexed. There might be a ration explanation but then I thought about another subject. time travel. Not sending a man back in time but just information. I thought about this as a way to explain how nothing really ever comes out about 911 tragedy. With all the people who believe something isn't right and all the witnesses I couldn't figure out how they cover their tracks so well.
Here's a link to a site talking about this science

Sending back information to the past

Physicist send particles of light to the past

So any change that takes place from actions taken by the information sent back will have some effects. They probably look for these and when discovered they just send the problem back in time to be taken care of. Small issues like braces on a person then no braces in the present don't seem significant enough to warrant changing it in the past as the change might just snowball into a lot of changes.

So, I would like some ideas on how to test this theory? The 007 and jaws mandela effect is noticable as we can put our finger on it and see it. Does anyone have something they swear has happened but there is no proof to point at?
edit on 28-8-2016 by jlafleur02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

Once heard a story about Torres Strait beetwen Australia and Papua, one said strait was faar wider and New Zeland was closer to mainland of Ausi than Papua. Now look at the maps. Just saying the story. I think its false.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I was going to say "on no not this again" but then you mentioned Jaws and i was intrigued, Tell me more about this, Does he not have braces now? I remember him with braces.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
My theory is that some one is meddling in the dark arts and changing our time line. They'll start small, changing irrelevant historical details like lines in movies, but then move on to major events. For instance Reagan will have been killed by Hinkley in the 1981 assignation attempt.

Either that or CERN has opened some kind of time portal.

CERN
edit on 28-8-2016 by GrandCourtJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

His girl hasnt. There is a thread about it in recent

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
I was going to say "on no not this again" but then you mentioned Jaws and i was intrigued, Tell me more about this, Does he not have braces now? I remember him with braces.

It is not Jaws but rather the lady, Dolly, he meets in the film Moonraker. Some remember her having braces where as now she has them no longer. I put it down to film continuity error.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla
Heres the thread on the 007 jaws braces thing
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I noticed some thing with this heavy metal song by Pantera - 5 minutes alone. The lyric in question is "You cry for compensation" now depending on if you listen to it off YouTube or bought the latest CD neither versions say "compensation" they say "Capitation" or "Cavitation"... Strange indeed. That is my own personal experience with the Mandela effect. Time travel or the record label tweaking the lyric for some unknown purpose? Maybe a warning because cavitation is usually associated with nukes and that was from the CD I bought in 2016. The youtube version said Capitation, 6 years ago. The original "compensation" version came out in the 90's.
edit on 28-8-2016 by AnonymousTi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jlafleur02

I remember her wearing braces when I watched the movie many years ago.

Strange indeed. It was something that the two had in commend, however the guy did have silver front teeth.

In this clip I see, she has no braces which I find very strange indeed. I have seen the movie several times years ago and always saw her with braces.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is back when this movie was in theaters "Dolly", had braces.

When the film presented on cable she also had braces but due to what in general were complaints that Dolly having braces was to provocative sexually the scene was replaced before it appeared on TV in general then. So just like for the sake of argument the first episode of "Star Wars" was augmented. "Dolly" does not show up with braces subsequent to the film being offered to the general public.

"Confabulation" as a term also relates to the "Mandela effect".

edit on 28-8-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Here's the real reason for the Mandela Effect...Its a big psyop. The Project organizers have another name for it but in essence since the beginning of the internet they have spread false stories about fake events ( think Before Its News ) and to many these events become real. Move forward 20 years when the real news about the same events differs from what you read long ago like Mandela dying and people flip out.

I personally believe that International Events are stage managed not unlike a movie production for us the target audience to be manipulated how ever they like..such as instilling fear by the ever present threat of a "Terrorist" attack to push us to some end.
Whether the end is for some Corporate entity like putting out Anthrax scares to send shares and sales of Biothrax up or to put out into the public sphere that "Home Grown Terrorists" are everywhere to push an Anti Gun agenda.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Well you know NZ was closer to Australia at some point, plate tectonics can explain that.

HOWEVER a lot of confusion as to where New Zealand places on the map, is traced back to a Risk map from the 1980's. They moved NZ's location to make it more playable. You know screw Geology, geography and realit.

So every time I see these Mandela effect comments, and NZ's position comes up, it is explained simply:

(a) You don't know where NZ actually is and are guessing
and/or
(b) You remember that map.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
the woman who originated it probably expected a movie deal, like the mothman and slender man rumours spawned.
now she and her fellow believers find anything tenuous and have to run with it.
it is possibly the worst thought out, and delivered, i don't even know how to categorise it.
considering (they can't even agree when mandela died) mandela died between 78 and 91 in their timeline, apartheid just stopped for some reason, obviously not due to mandela or the anc, so no political conspiracy.
and every other example given so nonsensical it wouldn't affect life at all.

if the story had south africa still attempting an all white utopia it would be more interesting than the reams of arguments over how they believe something was once spelt.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

No. There's a thread on it. The girl in the movie lost her braces

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Maybe our lives or our planet is ran like a computer and they (whoever they are) go in and edit files and it's supposed to edit it them all at once, but sometimes only some are done and there's some not syncing up. Think of Apple iPad syncing to an Apple iPhone ( if you have those to understand this analogy) : so I write my shopping list, letter I'm drafting or whatever in my notes app on iPad, it immediately copies to my phone. I edit the text and again it edits the changes on either device. When my wifi cuts out, there's no syncing happening. Or if I turned iCloud off on one device it won't sync.

So basically some of us aren't connected to the same cloud lol . There's several of these 'clouds' that sync across 'devices' (us) or timelines if you want to call them that and device A (me) might not be in the same cloud as device B(you) . Make sense?
edit on 29-8-2016 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden
The Panama Canal changed as well.

I think plates shifting or the ability to survey land masses via satellite to update old maps might explain some of these 'changes'.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The ME all depends upon the emotions radiating from your spiritual aura.

Every second, every spirit on this planet swaps places with another alternate reality.

So if your spirit is dishing out good feelings to others, it will swap places with another replica of yourself that is being mean to those around them.

Everyone that mentions what they saw (teeth braces / no teeth braces) is telling the truth because their reality at that moment in time showed love at first sight between Jaws and Dolly.

There are going to be a lot more ME's coming before the end of this year. Remember the Pope and Queen Elizabeth stating that Christmas 2015 was to be the last one.

So be good to other people around you allowing the Law of Attraction to lift your current spirit to a better reality.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
Maybe our lives or our planet is ran like a computer and they (whoever they are) go in and edit files and it's supposed to edit it them all at once, but sometimes only some are done and there's some not syncing up. Think of Apple iPad syncing to an Apple iPhone ( if you have those to understand this analogy) : so I write my shopping list, letter I'm drafting or whatever in my notes app on iPad, it immediately copies to my phone. I edit the text and again it edits the changes on either device. When my wifi cuts out, there's no syncing happening. Or if I turned iCloud off on one device it won't sync.

So basically some of us aren't connected to the same cloud lol . There's several of these 'clouds' that sync across 'devices' (us) or timelines if you want to call them that and device A (me) might not be in the same cloud as device B(you) . Make sense?

I seriously dont understand why this explanation, one which I think would explain the Mandela effect if its real and something that should entertained by those that believe they are experiencing changes.

As soon as I heard of the Mandela effect a while back this came to mind, our reality being a simulation and having programmers making changes. The simulation isn't perfect and changes made to the past will create anomalies in people memory.

But this is something that has been discussed when the movie the Matrix came out and has been a concept for 1000s of years that our world is an illusion.

I guess people don't want to tie it into things that that have discussed before and try and make it something new in the conspiracy circles when in my understanding the Mandela effect is just the old simulation universe ideas rehashed for a newer crowd.

Edit: I was looking for this thread to post something like you have but you already posted and just wanted to praise your effort and idea as it makes sense.

If things have changed, the only way for every copy of the empire strikes back (just an example) out there to have also changed is if reality is like a computer simulation where a programmer can make changes to the whole simulation but due to imperfections of the simulation when changes are made there are instances where new programming causes issues like people remembering things before the change happened but no evidence other than their memory is what they have.

Its a fascinating topic in my opinion but am surprised it hasn't been talked about more so to try and explain the Mandela effect.
edit on 29-8-2016 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

See when I first heard about the Mandela effect, I thought "someone has watched the Matrix Movies too many times". So lets assume (and it would be wrong that I do) I believe this is a simulation, then yeah the programers ("Gods") change things, somehow the code is imperfect, and traces of the old code (history) remains? That would explain this.

The largest loophole in the Mandela effect is that if the time line changed, you should not remember the old one (again unless you are Layla Miller who "knows stuff" or "James Howlette" because of ...reasons). Even if you are from an "alternative time line" you should remember ALL of the one you came from, and ALL of the current one should seem flawed, not bits.

SO I return to this idea of the Mandela effect being faulty memory, and such. Not some esoteric thing. Ocams razor says "the simplest explanation is the most likely" (ok that is the dumbed down version). Thus one person forgets when Nelson Mandela died.... that is on the person, NOT the timeline. In this modern age the media often screws up and puts a death notice out on someone by mistake (they keep them ready on file). People hear the first notice, not the "oops he/she is alive, our bad" retraction.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonymousTi

I am not really a fan of Pantera, and know little about the song you posted. But, I am a fan of Megadeth. They remastered all their early albums and re-released them. On some of the earlier tracks, Dave Mustaine re-wrote and re-sung some of the lyrics because they no longer reflected his beliefs. Perhaps this happened with the Pantera track? Or maybe you just remember wrong?

I personally believe that the Mandela effect is utter nonsense. It is all down to people being simply mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join