It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - 007 Moonraker; Dolly Has No Braces!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
This is one of the most interesting possible Mandela Effects. It has probably been mentioned before but it deserves its own thread.

Moonraker is a classic James Bond movie, featuring "Jaws", the giant guy with the metal teeth.

At one point in the movie, Jaws, and this blond girl Dolly have a little moment in which there is a spark between them. The whole crux of the scene was that although they are very different, they have something in common.

Jaws smiles at her with his shiny metal teeth, and she smiles back at him at which point the audience sees that she is wearing braces, and is a metalmouth, just like Jaws......

.....only, she doesn't have braces.

Forget faulty memory, the whole scene of them smiling at each other like that doesn't even make sense without her wearing braces.

Many people seem to remember her having braces including me.

There are some references that seem to suggest she had braces.

In this vid (2:20)you can see a commercial featuring the guy who played Jaws in a conversation with a girl, laughing at him, with braces,

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Forget faulty memory, the whole scene of them smiling at each other like that doesn't even make sense without her wearing braces.

Yeah it does. She helped lift that big wheel thingy off of him and didn't freak out when she saw his teeth.

Plus, she's a hottie...Why wouldn't they have a moment?

or... maybe it's just the opposite of ME and she is wearing Invisaligns

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I dont know anything about that movie (although I loved playing as Jaws in Goldeneye 64).

But I do know about a movie term known as "Goofs". Pretty much every movie ever has some listed in the Trivia section of their imdb page. Even some of these modern billion dollar box office flicks are loaded with them.

Here is the such page for this film:
www.imdb.com...

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Hmmmmmmm......

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
2 things I remember :

1 - she was not a " hottie " ; more like a Dork she was.
2 - she definetely had braces .

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

Yeah it does. She helped lift that big wheel thingy off of him and didn't freak out when she saw his teeth.

The part after that is obviously focused on both their teeth, as if there was a point to it, which there isn't, now.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow, I can't belive there are no braces no more?! You must be kidding me...I remember that movie and that scene vividly! That was my favorite James Bond movie when I was a kid!

This reminds me of the movie "The Matrix", whenever controlors of "reality" make some changes in the timeline there is some discrapancy like same cat passing in front of you twice:

edit on 26-8-2016 by alomaha because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm glad you brought this "effect" up. Now I'm a pretty smart dude. I look into this Mandela Effect daily. I debunk some for my own piece of mind. I try to find a logical explanation.

This one. And a couple others have me stumped. I too remember the braces. So, I start to research and find other forums that discuss this exact event.

My logical explanation was, the studio edited the braces out for PC reasons (kinda pedo-like) in some viewers minds...

Which, yeah, sounds reasonable.

All the new DVDs and Blu-rays are the new version. Easy.

So I find a YouTube video of a guy asking the same question. Did the original release have braces and the newer HD versions are edited?

Well the guy found an original 1982 VHS copy.

He played it.

She has no braces!

But damn it. I know she did.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

I've watched Moonraker many many times it's my 2nd favourite bond film after View to a Kill

AND

She definitely had braces Mandela effect or not, I'm 100% sure she had braces, I'm not buying this faulty memory bs on this one sorry she had braces

This fan site dedicated to bond girls seems to think she had braces too

Dolly is one of the select few who is chosen to travel to Drax's space station as part of his "master race" experiment. She instantly falls in love with his henchman, Jaws, and, with her endearing glasses, pigtails, and braces (and cleavage), convinces him to help Bond escape from Drax's space station.

Moonraker (1979) Trivia

Although everybody remembers Dolly (played by Blanche Ravalec) wearing braces in the scene where she meets Jaws for the first time, she doesn't wear braces at all!

Why would everybody remember her with braces if she never had braces, it makes absolutely no sense that people would just imagine she had braces.

It's like me imagining that Luke Skywalker never made it out of the Land Speeder in Empire and got crushed by the AT-AT, it never happened so I don't remember it, what I do remember is him getting out of the landspeeder, running a little in the snow, under the AT-AT that has now crushed his Land Speeder, firing his little grapple hook thing, using his light saber to cut open the hatch and throw in a thermal detonator to blow up the AT-AT and detaching himself from the grapple to land in the snow, because that's what happened...

Faulty memory my ass

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I havent been following this Mandela effect tipic but know for fact she had braces. HUGE Bond fan and know this scene. Scene doesnt even make sense without braces.

Weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FlabberGhast

This is one of the most interesting possible Mandela Effects. It has probably been mentioned before but it deserves its own thread.

The mandella effect is used up. Spit it out.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Faulty memory my ass

Exactly. I suspect that this one might even make some hardcore skeptics scratch their heads.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
its called a continuity error, heres a few more

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I think the responses sofar tell a different story. Swallow.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I was skeptical about this Mendela effect. Some threads even made me laugh. But now I have no doubt that something strange is going on...like if somebody is playing with our minds or our reality...

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

its called a continuity error, heres a few more

I think you are talking nonsense. Your vid doesn't work for me but you seem to be suggesting that she is wearing braces at some point in the movie, in another iconic scene, laughing at Jaws?

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yea she had braces I clearly remember, my sisters even said "awwww thier both metal mouth" lol moonraker is one of the best imo

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: alomaha
I was skeptical about this Mendela effect. Some threads even made me laugh. But now I have no doubt that something strange is going on...like if somebody is playing with our minds or our reality...

Aaaaaaaand this is the best they can do?
Kind of makes it a non issue doesn't it.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Agreed that this is strange.

This and the spelling of DilemNa changing to dilemma are a couple of my own "strong" (meaning not likely garbled memory and hubris) effects.

There are others, like alive/dead celebs... and logos ... but those aren't personally as strong for me. But this, for instance, has some networked memories associated with it that others remember, too. So yeah, something weirder than normal seems afoot.

What can one do when (or IF) reality shifts? Darned if I know... but I'll just let the people saying it's all memory confabulation win as it's far, far easier than admitting you remember a different "fact" about our once common reality.

Luckily, so far, it's all really memory goofs or irrelevant factoids changing... if something changes that a broad portion of the populace "knows," then expect a load of freaked out humans... something like President Samuel l Jackson or our greatest economic rivals, Columbuella, I mean.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

I don't see how it does anything to the issue. The issue is blatantly clear for a whole load of people who don't care about your contrived aguments.

posted on Aug, 26 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I saw that film not long after release, and I'm not so sure about the braces in that clip since the bosomers caught my attention mostly...
but something tells me she did have them, perhaps at some other time.
Curiously there is this extract from Universal exports on the characters,

'Dolly,
Played by: Blanche Ravalec
Description: In perhaps the strangest love affair in the series, Jaws meets Dolly in Rio after his failed attempt on Bond and Goodhead's lives. The complete opposite of Jaws, Dolly is a short blond girl with pigtails, glasses and braces. It is her influence that leads Jaws to the side of good and she also hears the one line Jaws says in his two movies, "Well, here's to us."

edit on 26-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join