It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Rescued after Climbing into Public Toilet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Occasionally a story will come along that makes you realise that people are far more stupid than you ever gave them credit for , this is such a story.

Firefighters in Norway have pulled a man from the inside of a toilet after he lowered himself in to retrieve a friend's phone and became stuck in the tank below. Cato Berntsen Larsen climbed feet-first into the public facility after his friend dropped the phone while urinating.

Mr Berntsen Larsen said he had volunteered to enter the tank, which is not connected to the sewer and which is only emptied once a season. The 20-year-old became sick as he stood thigh-deep in its contents, and had to spend an hour completely enclosed in the small area. "I panicked because I hate confined spaces," he told Norwegian newspaper VG. "It was damn disgusting - the worst I have experienced. There were animals down there too."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Berntsen Larsen , Darwin Prize nominee 2016.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

To make matters worse, Mr Berntsen Larsen quickly threw up after entering the tank, which was standing room only.

He probably improved matters!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

which was standing room only

Like you'd want to sit down in such a situation.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
But, where is it, where is that toilet?
Is it on a ship, in a preppie bunker?

And the sign:
"Do not enter toilet"
was missing, so, for sure, nobody could stop him....

Btw, the best part:
"There were animals down there too."

edit on 27 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

I was wondering what it'd take to get me in a septic tank. Definitely not a dropped phone. Not a hundred quid...probably not five hundred either.

What would get you to climb in one?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Some days im optimistic about where humans are headed, other days I just sleep in.
edit on 27-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   

The only thing that would make me climb into a septic tank would be something that would make me exceptionally wealthy like a rollover lottery ticket , it certainly wouldn't be the phone my friend dropped while taking a waz .

I would offer to hold his coat while he went in to retrieve it though , just for the Lolz.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I was wondering what it'd take to get me in a septic tank. Definitely not a dropped phone. Not a hundred quid...probably not five hundred either.

That reminds me to a book i read some years ago, about an austrian junky and his time in the Bangkok Hilton(if i am right), one hell of a jail. But this guy was "lucky", because his parents could send him 1000 dollars every month, and he started to buy the prison guards.

The prisoners smuggled heroin in their backside, delivered by visitors. Once, Montezumas revenge was faster and the "donkey" lost his "goods" in a tank much bigger like this, which became emptied once a month or less, but was used by hundreds of prisoners.

There was a special prison guard. With thalidomide arms, no hands, almost sticks with kinds of a thumb on each side. This guard was used to search the backsides of the prisoners, because, you know, his arms did fit that well... So he paid exactly this prison guard to dive in that tank full of sh*t and to recover those heroin packets(only in his underpants!). And he recovered every single one of them. But i don´t remember how much exactly he paid him for that.

Btw, this austrian junky became clean in that hell of a jail, where others become junkies, became a street worker that helps junkies in Vienna. Then he wrote this book about his experiences.
edit on 27 8 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The antidote

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Was on a job years ago where this family had a blocked soil pipe so the toilets would flush but a stink was always there. Got it sorted and at one point I had to climb into the drain where the outlet pipes for half a dozen houses all met. My ears were like radars listening for a distant toilet flushing and a recent 'delivery' was draped across an outlet pipe at face level. One unexpected flush and I'd still be in the shower to this day.

Ah good days lol

That guy's mate is obviously the brains of the pair! His buddy stood to gain nothing but notoriety and he'd have got his phone back.

a reply to: DerBeobachter

What was the guy's name? I'd like to hear him if he's done any podcasts or interviews

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Was on a job years ago where this family had a blocked soil pipe so the toilets would flush but a stink was always there. Got it sorted and at one point I had to climb into the drain where the outlet pipes for half a dozen houses all met. My ears were like radars listening for a distant toilet flushing and a recent 'delivery' was draped across an outlet pipe at face level. One unexpected flush and I'd still be in the shower to this day.

Ah good days lol

That guy's mate is obviously the brains of the pair! His buddy stood to gain nothing but notoriety and he'd have got his phone back.

a reply to: DerBeobachter

What was the guy's name? I'd like to hear him if he's done any podcasts or interviews

You had a golden opportunity there.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: In4ormant

You had a golden opportunity there.

Golden showers indeed

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Reminds me of drift dives and the things that leave the boat toilet while you try to catch the stairs, while the boat turns into the current. Either you get hot cooling water, exhaust or those things on face level, if you´re unlucky.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
was it renton?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

There'd have to be a kid trapped in one of those for me to go in. Every thing else is just gone.
And what kind of a moron is this guy anyway? Hates small places, but volunteered to go in. What did he think he'd be standing in, rose petals?
Just unthinkingly stupid all around.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Agree on all points with the caveat of *maybe* having a reference or report card for the kid? I'd require future astronaut, Nobel-winning chemist or gold-medallist athlete of the future.

Any less and we're waiting for the emergency services.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
He looks like the poor kid in my basic training platoon that dropped his kevlar (helmet) in the field toilet (which is little more than a modern looking bathroom with holes leading down to one big dug out septic) and was made by our Drill Sergeant to climb down after it and retrieve it.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
There were animals down there too.

What ??? What kind of animals live in septic tanks ?

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

The guy was known to be full of #!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Aside from rats all I can think of is a Bogwoppit , fearsome creatures if you encroach their territory.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join