It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney police discovered a man in a ‘domestic dispute’ with a large spider

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

Awesome. I want one!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: tigertatzen

You might instead pick bird shot 12 gauge over 50 cal.

Or one fast hard straight shot jab with a broom end will demolish them in one hit. I normally dont set about destroying them, but in odd scenarios such as the hypothetical someone was all amped up in a visually enhanced mind expansion session, and one ran mach 6 across the ceiling, in such a hypothetical even the most arachnid tolerant might set about ending such a beast.

Imagine their hypotheticals:

edit on 27-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Its very real, we have many many deadly things here in Australia.

From all types of Spiders some deadly, others can inflict serious flesh wounds and deadly snakes, sharks galore from Great Whites, Tiger, Bull, Hammerhead sharks amongst many other deadly things in our waters, not puppy dog alligators like those of the US, but crocodiles!.

But pretty much all I personally have to deal with is Red Back Spiders and White Tails occasionally snakes-Dugite and Tiger Snakes which are seriously venomous, Sharks as we are often out on the boat and sometimes go for a dive and some venomous spikey fish we might catch.

So other than all the things that want to kill us, we live in paradise. Remove all these deadly critters and it would be like Britain but with better weather and beach's.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

lol deadly things are fascinating, heck though even in a bullet proofed glass enclosure I don`t think I would want one in my house,just in case of escape, I wouldn`t sleep from checking.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Reason 7,996 to own a gun.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

You know it's bad when the spider answers the door.

That statement reminds me of a Night Gallery episode about an Arachnophobic man. He has a small spider in his house and he washes it down the drain then later there's a larger spider I don't remember how he deals with it but each time he eliminates the spider it comes back bigger...by the end of the episode the man is locked in his bedroom and there's a spider the size of a large dog outside of the bedroom door
edit on 27-8-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

You forgot to tell our gentle readers about a couple of your more gregarious sneaky snakes that can, will and have been known to actually chase people! THEM I can handle.

I used to want very much to visit, or even move to Australia...until I found out ya'll boast of spiders so big that, if you get them young enough to train, you can put a collar on and take for an evening stroll. Or, if rigorously trained, can chase you down, tackle you, steal the ball and make a touch down.Then there are the fun loving ones you'd find in the backyard playing "hide-n-seek" , or a raucous game of "tag" with the kiddies. It was then I decided...Nah, maybe in my next life.

BUT, at least they don't roam around in gangs!

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

We have a few nasty spiders up here as well. When I lived in Kelowna, my roomie would capture black widows and put them into a tupperware container. We would watch them fight to the death. Then he found an orange orb spider, with an abdomen that was the size of a loonie. The widows never stood a chance.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Nah, these guys are the browny gray ones. Every year from about August through September, they invade and it's not uncommon to have anywhere from one to six or seven in various places around our house making new webs every night.

They get to be about as big around as a quarter at their largest, but that's not a tiny spider when you have a face full of web!

The thing we always watch out for is the resident population of brown recluses in our house. They pretty much stay in our basement/garage area, but we always catch one or two upstairs every spring. Never more than that and always only in the spring so we don't freak out over them.

This is also the time of year where it starts getting colder and I'm going to have to start watching for the wolf spiders. They'll start coming in to the garage where I do laundry as it gets colder outside.
edit on 27-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

US has its own species of crocs, but they are very reduced in numbers and only starting to make any kind of comeback.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh I didn`t know you had some, not sure how big yours get? , but if they grow anywhere near the size of ours I think your swamp gator catchers are going to need bigger boats ketsuko.

And they get bigger..

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
originally posted by: Rubicon3

You forgot to tell our gentle readers about a couple of your more gregarious sneaky snakes that can, will and have been known to actually chase people! THEM I can handle.

Iol, I`ve never known a snake to chase people here in Western Australia, maybe over on the East coast.

I used to want very much to visit, or even move to Australia...until I found out ya'll boast of spiders so big that, if you get them young enough to train, you can put a collar on and take for an evening stroll. Or, if rigorously trained, can chase you down, tackle you, steal the ball and make a touch down.Then there are the fun loving ones you'd find in the backyard playing "hide-n-seek" , or a raucous game of "tag" with the kiddies. It was then I decided...Nah, maybe in my next life.

BUT, at least they don't roam around in gangs!

You`ll be right mate, just bring a chair and a whip.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

People are strange having spiders as pets

I'm a fan of spiders but in no way would I ever have one as a pet, but credit to those owners who have spiders the size of their hands as pets and actually handle them
edit on 27/8/16 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   

This! Made me laugh. Hahahahahahaha nice find mate.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Oh, ours aren't salties, but they are crocs.

Ours are only in southern Florida and some islands in the Gulf. They only get to be about 14ft, but they do have crocodile attitude.

Alligators are typically much shyer.

posted on Aug, 27 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
One thing I DO NOT miss about Home is the SPIDERS!!!!

I have had a giant huntsman crawl across my face, I never recovered. Full arachnophobia to this day

There have been many times I ran from a room screaming after throwing a chair or dining table or refrigerator at a spider. Super human strength ensues, just like the those ladies lifting a car off a kid on a bike to save them.

Best solution is to set fire to EVERYTHING.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I`ve been informed to tell you, Mr & Mrs Huntsman miss you and that all is forgiven and sorry about that face race we had, they have also put the furniture and the fridge back in its original position for you.............Oh and they have had additions to their family since your hastily departure, so its wonderful news all the way round.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join