It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheering on a race war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Recently I was in a discussion about the racist pricks that showed up with guns at the NAACP on [Snipped] facebook page. Now, mind you, [Snipped] is not a racist outfit, but the posters there are advocating for a race war. I won't participate in race politics. I don't endorse Black Lives Matter, I don't endorse white supremacist groups, I don't endorse racial classification at all. As a Second Amendment supporter, I endorse the right of any individual to keep and bear arms for defense of self from criminals, and the defense of our nation from tyranny or invasion.

I endorse an American identity. One that I grew up with. I didn't grow up with a Cuban or Costa Rican identity. Heritage, yes. Identity? No.
I'm American first and foremost. I believe we should pick and choose our battles in the fight for constitutional rights. But to side with white supremacy or any racial supremacy is not something I will get behind.

It wasn't a cursory view that I presented either. The 'protest' was organized at [snipped], a white supremacist forum where racist bumpkins can get together and discuss their hatred for anything not white.

They held signs with the moniker "14 Words". Here's what that means:

14 Words -ADL

"14 Words" is a reference to the most popular white supremacist slogan in the world: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children." The slogan was coined by David Lane, a member of the white supremacist terrorist group known as The Order (Lane died in prison in 2007). The term reflects the primary white supremacist worldview in the late 20th and early 21st centuries: that unless immediate action is taken, the white race is doomed to extinction by an alleged "rising tide of color" purportedly controlled and manipulated by Jews. Because of its widespread popularity, white supremacists reference this slogan constantly, in its full form as well as in abbreviated versions such as "14 Words", "Fourteen Words," or simply the number "14."

Despite this information, people came out of the woodwork in droves to defend this. I'd like to share with you what was said to me in response:

Wow really we are idiots u god dam right we cheering it on its about time we stand up no one else is

The color of your skin will be your uniform . Come together as one to fight to secure a safe future for our White race . What is so wrong with that ? Race genocide is wrong . Every race out there except Whites have a right for self preservation ? It sure seems that way . You're either on our side or you're the enemy . Choose your side wisely . Your future and the future for your children depends on it

What's wrong with the 14 words unless ur not a white person and give a # about ur heritage?!? I googled it and see nothing wrong with them? Explain what it is that you don't like about it?

And of course, I get threats:

the end for you goes like this: if it you stuck with us during a race war, we'd leave you to die. Why? Because you don't even support your own folks. You only support what is good enough to make you think you're superior to everyone around you, because you think you're always on top. Guess what bud, you're dead nutz wrong. I'm not far from ya, if you're brave enough to get knocked off that lil soap box you're standing on. In Nevada, you'd get tossed to the coyotes. People like you don't ever get respect, because you think you deserve it vs earning it. Ya get what ya give.

The last thing this country needs is more racial division. That's what I said. I also called out all the idiots cheering on a race war in no uncertain terms. I wasn't diplomatic about it nor should I have been. I fight for the rights of all Americans to keep and bear arms. I fight for all Americans to exercise free speech. But I will not stand shoulder to shoulder with people who are so blood thirsty and racist that they look forward to killing black people simply for being black.

This was the most twisted crap I've ever seen in my news feed on facebook. Couldn't believe I was reading this. I called out [Snipped] on policing it's news feed because at the end of the day all these people serve to accomplish is to give the liberal anti-gun crowd fuel for taking gun rights away from EVERYONE. We all lose. Half of these idiots were a bunch of fatass neckbeards who couldn't ruck 10 feet if their useless lives depended on it.

Normally I don't let ignorant Facebook crap get to me. But this was particularly egregious.
edit on 23 8 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 24 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed names of other site.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This is where I'm at in life.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You know what I support? Knocking down the cronies that have too much wealth that will never be used for humanitarianism.
These creeps are the ones who create all this division, derision and deterioration of humanity! These oligarchs or whatever you want to call them are the disease that erodes our human progression.

This is the time for strife, revolution, insurrection. Folks the last hour is here why do you not rise up and take command?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

Probably because the waters are muddied with the examples shown above.

What kind of revolution would be lead when these are among the soldiers that will fight it?

I won't take part. I will shoot at whoever shoots at me. It's that simple.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Naturallywired

Probably because the waters are muddied with the examples shown above.

What kind of revolution would be lead when these are among the soldiers that will fight it?

I won't take part. I will shoot at whoever shoots at me. It's that simple.

My opinion is that it is pretty sorry of you to bring this discussion to a forum that will not allow
an opposing viewpoint to be expressed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ezramullins

What opposing view point are you talking about?

Wanna start a race war too?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Disposing of dead human bodies is quite a tough job. There'd be a lot of holes to dig if a race war erupted in Murica.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

What opposing view point are you talking about?

Wanna start a race war too?

In the words of President Reagan, "There you go again." You know as well as I do that one certain side of this argument is forbidden. Therefore you are starting a one-sided debate. No opposing view is going to be permitted. That makes you a sort of bully, doesn't it?

Do not bother to bully me any further, I will not be playing.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Stop your crying.

You want to espouse racial division I invite you to head over to Stormfront where your view would be better received.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ezramullins
You know as well as I do that one certain side of this argument is forbidden. Therefore you are starting a one-sided debate. No opposing view is going to be permitted.

Two things:
1. Post intelligently
2. Know when to quit
The mods have never been 'unfair' to me ... well maybe once (but, that's how you figure out #2). I might have stepped over the line a tad with an owner once as well, but I'm still here.

I've also got a feeling ATS staff is gonna let you debate PV as hard as you want ... as long as you stay civil. He can hold his own.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

There is only one possible counter view point.

And that is racial segregation and advocating for a race war. That is why this poster approached my topic with such trepidation. The poster knows exactly what will happen when he starts calling for the murder of black people or anyone of color.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, do you support the 14 words? If so why?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Good on you for standing up to racist crap like this.

It seems the racial divide is getting worse, and it's refreshing to see people calling out this garbage where they see it, regardless of where they sit on the political spectrum.

edit on 23-8-2016 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I agree with you, we are American first, our heritage (my parents from Colombia) is just historical context. I find it ironic that in our parent's countries, this black and white divide is hardly an issue. Nor does it seem to be a big problem in Brazil, Canada, UK, France (maybe?) Cuba, Dominican Republic (although I have heard them hate on the Haitians on various occasions) . It is my observation that the deep racial divide between white and black was more of an American creation from the get go. You don't see the level of racial hatred I think in Europe as compared to us. Hell, the Dutch and Spanish practically jump started the slave trade of Africans, but they do not seem to have the same frequency or duration in history of this racial divide.

In any case though, if this race war ever ensues, I think people will find that the Hispanic Latino communities will be places of refuge, as we do not really share this mindset of superiority even across all the different nations.

So when a group of black supremacists chases a stray white person down for a beating, or white supremacists do the same it would be prudent to enter a "brown" community. I know we don't like seeing # like that, and although many of the immigrant Hispanics prefer to pretend they do not see anything, the American born ones are more than willing to become involved in an unfair situation if my experience in town growing up is anything to go by.

So although we have been the brunt of jokes to both sides for decades, and for the longest time ALL of us were either Mexican or Puerto Rican (again, my experience growing up), it is our communities that may become the safe zones of refuge in an impending race war. Because I may not speak for everyone, but for most of us we have no desire to see any such things. And really, neither does the majority of America.

The meanest voices tend to be the loudest, and they often say stupid # that will never have any bearing on real life of society.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a reply to: ezramullins Out of curiosity, do you support the 14 words? If so why?

Or is it that you support a race war against whites . . . or asians . . . or whomever?

I'm pretty sure that if there is one thing we all can agree on here (even if we have some fiery debates over other issues) is that a racial war would be a very bad thing, is completely uncalled for, and would only be supported by the ignorant (people who do not have the required knowledge to be informed).

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Thank you for such an insightful, well written OP. Truly excellent, and completely on point.

It is becoming more disturbing every day, seeing how many people out there are so driven by hate that they actually welcome the idea of full on civil war. I have cut large numbers of people out of my life completely because I refuse to take part in anything connected to a hate-driven agenda, including associating with people who do, and some of them are my own blood relations. So be it. They can choke on their hatred. As for me and mine, we won't be a party to it.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Recently I was in a discussion about the racist pricks that showed up with guns at the NAACP on [snipped] facebook page. Now, mind you, [snipped] is not a racist outfit, but the posters there are advocating for a race war.*snip*

Well, let's break this down, shall we? Starting with the protest you mention. I located a link with a very short video, and some pics and information - White Lives Matter protesters carrying guns, Confederate flags and a white supremacist sign surround NAACP headquarters in Texas

According to the article, there were about twenty people involved. There was no violence. A spokesman for the group even stated that they were not motivated by racism. The stood, and had sign saying "white lives matter", flags, and some were armed. They were not blocking the street, not attacking anyone, and all was pretty peaceful. I didn't hear anything that sounded like calling for a race war, either. Not one single comment called for such a thing, on that site OR the [snipped] story - link

So, what's the issue here?

I endorse an American identity. One that I grew up with. I didn't grow up with a Cuban or Costa Rican identity. Heritage, yes. Identity? No.
I'm American first and foremost. I believe we should pick and choose our battles in the fight for constitutional rights. But to side with white supremacy or any racial supremacy is not something I will get behind.

That's all fine and good, but there are people who do associate with race-oriented groups, and they are in the national news all the time, these days. They aren't usually white groups, either. So, why is this small, peaceful protest wrong, for pointing out issues with those groups?

It wasn't a cursory view that I presented either. The 'protest' was organized at Stormfront.org, a white supremacist forum where racist bumpkins can get together and discuss their hatred for anything not white.

Where is your evidence for that connection? I checked their website, and the logo they show does not seem to be present at that protest. Not saying they aren't responsible, or that they are; just asking for evidence.

They held signs with the moniker "14 Words".

Those words do have a connection to a white supremacist, but the words themselves don't look much different from those spoken by some other groups, talking about their race or their children.

From the BLM website -

BLACK VILLAGES We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

So, they can talk about "disrupting" family structure, but others can't talk about a future for their children?

Also from their site -

Black Lives Matter is a chapter-based national organization working for the validity of Black life. We are working to (re)build the Black liberation movement.

So, black life can be fought for, and people can call for cops to be killed, but white people can't say anything like that at all? I didn't read about anyone at that protest saying things like this:

What about things like this?

PHOTOS: Black Lives Matter Protesters Bully & Harass White Children at Restaurants

And of course, I get threats:

the end for you goes like this: if it you stuck with us during a race war, we'd leave you to die. Why? Because you don't even support your own folks. You only support what is good enough to make you think you're superior to everyone around you, because you think you're always on top. Guess what bud, you're dead nutz wrong. I'm not far from ya, if you're brave enough to get knocked off that lil soap box you're standing on. In Nevada, you'd get tossed to the coyotes. People like you don't ever get respect, because you think you deserve it vs earning it. Ya get what ya give.

Stating that you wouldn't be aided in a war isn't exactly a threat. Not polite, but a threat? You posted their comments, but not your own.

The last thing this country needs is more racial division. That's what I said. I also called out all the idiots cheering on a race war in no uncertain terms. I wasn't diplomatic about it nor should I have been. I fight for the rights of all Americans to keep and bear arms. I fight for all Americans to exercise free speech. But I will not stand shoulder to shoulder with people who are so blood thirsty and racist that they look forward to killing black people simply for being black.

Where are those comments? You are talking about them, but I am not seeing them. It's hard to discuss such things without seeing what people wrote.

I can understand being angry about racist comments - I would be as well - but what you posted here isn't what you state made you so angry. What I saw was a group upset about all of the recent racism from some groups, and concerned about their own heritage. They aren't wrong for that, any more than a black group is wrong to be concerned for theirs. Is there video showing the group calling for violence? Some evidence that they have done so? Being upset about the flags they carried, as some counter-protestors were, isn't enough to claim they want a race war.

Racism is wrong no matter who is responsible, and white people speaking out about racist against them are not racist for doing so.
edit on Wed Aug 24 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think racism is on the rise and has been rebranded, diluted to the point where it's beginning to be socially acceptable again. I call it "parlour racism." The parlour racists are more likely to camouflage theirs behind hand-waving and innuendoes - dog-whistling all the way. Social media is full of them these days.

I called out Guns.com on policing it's news feed because at the end of the day all these people serve to accomplish is to give the liberal anti-gun crowd fuel for taking gun rights away from EVERYONE.

Good call. These guys are always looking to align with others and seek a broader base. With racism gaining a wider appeal, I think people need to be cautious about who they're standing with.

The last thing this country needs is more racial division.

The last thing any country needs is more racial division

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

You have some serious reading comprehension problems if you think that not being for a bunch of white supremacist garbage is synonymous with being in favor of black supremacist garbage.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Also try going to the FB page of guns.com as I mentioned in the opening post.

<<   2 >>

join