It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign's Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying For It

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Link

WASHINGTON ― After bragging for a year about how cheaply he was running his campaign, Donald Trump is spending more freely now that other people are contributing ― particularly when the beneficiary is himself. Trump nearly quintupled the monthly rent his presidential campaign pays for its headquarters at Trump Tower to $169,758 in July, when he was raising funds from donors, compared with March, when he was self-funding his campaign, according to a Huffington Post review of Federal Election Commission filings. The rent jumped even though he was paying fewer staff in July than he did in March.

The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer ― and had 197 paid employees and consultants. In July, it paid 172 employees and consultants. “If I was a donor, I’d want answers,” said a prominent Republican National Committee member who supports Trump, asking for anonymity to speak freely. “If they don’t have any more staff, and they’re paying five times more? That’s the kind of stuff I’d read and try to make an (attack) ad out of it.”

It must be nice. Trump rents offices to his own campaign, and once somebody else (contributors) is picking up the tab, he quadruples the rent. I guess Trump doesn't mind ripping off his followers?

The real question is, do his followers mind being ripped off?

Leave it to Donald to find a loophole to enrich himself. if I were one of his donors, I'd be wanting my money back.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I'm thinking they must be a tad annoyed but can't do or say much about it.

If it was me I'd also want my money back or rent another office that he doesn't own.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I heard some Chef's eat their meals for free and then go and charge other people $50 for the same dish!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It truly doesn't bother you that Trump is using this campaign and small donor's money to enrich himself?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Still cheaper than Clinton's rent, but I get the point. A business man did a business man thing.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Double
edit on 23-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

"who cares, lets talk about evil hillary"

- every trump supporter ever

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
how much is rent in Trump Towers usually? I cannot get mad until I find out the going rate is.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Still cheaper than Clinton's rent, but I get the point. A business man did a business man thing.

I think you should explain that to trump's donors, "it's just a businessman's thing".....as long as he uses other peoples money, and not his own, trump might as well make a HUGE profit off of them.....yeah that'll work...

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'd have put it a little differently... more like a slimy guy did a slimy thing... but whatever... either way it's not a particularly good look. Especially when you consider that, in the grand scheme of things, it's not even a particularly large sum of money to Trump... he's just that greedy he'll leave no opportunity pass to squeeze an extra dollar.

But he's going to tame Wall Street. He can't even tame his own greed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I guess this is better than funding a presidential campaign through foreign governments.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

How do you know he's making a profit?

There is something called overhead when it comes to being an employer. Bills must be payed.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Hillary's headquarters pays $2.65/ square foot. $212,000/month for 80,000 sq ft. A bargain.

There is no square footage given for Trump's enterprise. Just pictures. No yuuuge crowds here.

(From OP's link)
edit on 8/23/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
You people keep trying to bring up these petty cases about Trump, this is desparation at its finest. Yes I'm going to use the, "look at hillary" response, because it's completely logical. You're gonna compare someone raising rent, say it with me, raising rent...........to the ridiculously long track record of a known world corrupt criminal? Cmon now. It's getting old.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Shocking.

A businessman made a business deal which brings him profit.

Call the guards!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
...snip.... A business man did a business man thing.

He isn't running for 'business man', he's running for President of the United States. If exploiting advantageous situations is consistent with his character we should be unusually cautious.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

It is shocking that he'd take advantage of his own supporters for even a small profit.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Mr. Moonlight

According to a Trump spokesperson:

"The campaign expanded from part of a single floor by adding the entirety of two separate floors. Overall, we still pay over $40,000 less in rent than the Clinton campaign."

"Also, Mr. Trump makes a personal contribution of $2 million per month to the campaign, obviously a much higher amount than rent."
edit on 23-8-2016 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Nice little earner, one gets paid to get oneself into the Presidency. He's a real hungry critter..even with one foot in the grave.
edit on 23-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

Hillary's headquarters pays $2.65/ square foot. $212,000/month for 80,000 sq ft. A bargain.

There is no square footage given for Trump's enterprise. Just pictures. No yuuuge crowds here.

(From OP's link)

I guess the actual question should be does this rise in rent correspond with the completed construction of this fifth floor? Obviously, when a rental area is still under construction it will have a higher value placed on it when it is finished. Is his headquarters still on the fifth floor with drywall, wires, and cables all out in the open, or is it not located on a completed and finished floor?

Edit add: a reply to: LesMisanthrope
Oops, just seen your post above! Thank you for providing this information. It makes much more sense.
edit on 8 23 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join