It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Jacked Up His Campaign's Trump Tower Rent Once Somebody Else Was Paying For It

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It does but what bothers me more are people working on Hillary's personal # while on the clock working on our #.
That is illegal and why they won't answer questions about it because all the evidence is right there.

So what bothers you more? Trump over charging donors or, Hillary charging taxpayers for staff to work on personal #.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
Shocking.

A businessman made a business deal which brings him profit.

Call the guards!

When did running for President become a profit making adventure.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Mr. Moonlight

According to a Trump spokesperson:

"The campaign expanded from part of a single floor by adding the entirety of two separate floors. Overall, we still pay over $40,000 less in rent than the Clinton campaign."

"Also, Mr. Trump makes a personal contribution of $2 million per month to the campaign, obviously a much higher amount than rent."

Why would they expand when the reduced staff? And course much like his taxes and refusal to release his big donor list we will never see anything showing this 2 million.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

All of it bothers me. But then I don't think either one of them is good enough to be elected dog catcher in a third world country.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

We both know It's sketchy at best...but no need to argue the point.

This is not a singular moment for Mr. Trump. We all remember when he used his unique position to call into question Federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel.? Just mentioning his name to national media is an extreme misuse his position.

So taking advantage with no regards to others is a systemic character flaw...one deserving of great attention.imo

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
how much is rent in Trump Towers usually? I cannot get mad until I find out the going rate is.

From the article:
The Trump campaign paid Trump Tower Commercial LLC $35,458 in March ― the same amount it had been paying since last summer

The day he signed an open donor agreement he boosted the rent to $169,758...and has 25 less employees than he did before.

He has also paid his Golf Course and Restaurant $260,000 since signing taking big donor funds.

also

On May 18, the day the fundraising deal was announced, Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach was paid $29,715; Trump National Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida, was paid $35,845; and Trump Restaurants LLC was paid $125,080, according to FEC records.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

When did running for President become a profit making adventure.

Ever since the RNC learned from the evangelicals how to fleece the flock.

Presidential campaigns for profit have become a cottage industry in the Republican Party. Newt Gingrich, Alan Keyes, Herman Cain are just a few of the names who ran for president to boost their finances. The difference between the recent Republican presidential candidates for personal profit and Donald Trump is that none of the abovementioned won the party’s nomination.

Trump Has Pocketed Nearly 8 Million Dollars Of Donor Money While Running For President

www.politicususa.com...

K~

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

According to a Trump spokesperson:

"The campaign expanded from part of a single floor by adding the entirety of two separate floors.

Sounds like he tacked on empty space he can't rent to the donor bill.

Overall, we still pay over $40,000 less in rent than the Clinton campaign."

The 172 employees paid by the Trump campaign last month is dwarfed by the more than 700 paid staff on Clinton's campaign.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 23-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Blazemore2000

Many find Trumps business/campaign tactics very unethical.

Trump supporters call him a savy business man.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Still cheaper than Clinton's rent, but I get the point. A business man did a business man thing.

Hmmm. I am a "Business man"...Let me do some "Business math"..

Clinton has a minimum of 700 staff and pays 212k in rent..
That is $300 in office space per employee per month..maximum

Trump has 172 employees and pays 170k in rent..
That is $1000 per employee per month

SO...Trump pays more than 3X more per-employee per-month for office space for his campaign staff than his competitor Hillary Clinton?

While that same campaign staff has him on course to lose by historic margins?

Trump REALLY, REALLY sucks as a "businessman".

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Steven Cheung, Trump's director of rapid response, also told the Associated Press the "expansion is in anticipation of more staff."

CNN

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We don't care about that if he's a nationalist

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

This!

Bravo Mr Trump. You have legally conned American voters out of their donor money.

Bravo!

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Something you're forgetting:

The rent hike at the Manhattan skyscraper came as the Trump team expanded from using only the fifth floor to add two additional levels, according to a statement Tuesday from the campaign.

"We calculated the rent based on the average rent per square foot in the area," the statement says. It also notes that Trump made a $2 million personal donation last month, which more than covers the rent.

"The expansion is in anticipation of more staff," said Steven Cheung, director of Trump's rapid response. Cheung himself is a recent hire whose salary wasn't noted in the July reports.

AP

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

We both know It's sketchy at best...but no need to argue the point.

This is not a singular moment for Mr. Trump. We all remember when he used his unique position to call into question Federal Judge Gonzalo Curiel.? Just mentioning his name to national media is an extreme misuse his position.

So taking advantage with no regards to others is a systemic character flaw...one deserving of great attention.imo

You think it's sketchy. I don't.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We don't care about that if he's a nationalist

I care, as do many others.

Morality and ethics should be important traits of the person charged with guiding a nation. I honestly question Mr. Trump's ability to put the American peoples interests before his own.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Now, he has been doing this the entire run. He raised the rent on himself. The part of the article that makes no sense is...

Huffington Post notes that "Prior to May, three-quarters of the $59 million spent by Trump’s campaign had come out of his own pocket ― meaning that whatever Trump charged his campaign for rent was largely coming from Trump himself. That situation is now entirely reversed. Trump’s money makes up a tiny percentage of his campaign’s spending. The bulk now comes from outside donors, both small-dollar givers and those writing maximum-limit checks of $2,700

1/10 of his campaigns money recently is donations. The rest is his still. So this statement above is incorrect. Making it sound like he is ripping people off now.

Also, Trump Tower and Brooklyn ...seems to me that Trump is actually still not renting it for what it would be worth in its location.

and tell me how this makes sense. The use of words is perfect...

The landlord for Donald Trump's presidential campaign headquarters in Manhattan quintupled his rent in July, charging $169,758 in July compared to the $35,458 it charged in March.

It did not quintupole in July...it progressively went higher over the course of 5 months.

You see it is amazing when you look into the issue and not read what is written for you to simply regurgitate.

He is spending 42,000 dollars a month less than Hillary for a better location and he is still slammed. You do not pay for each employee you pay for square footage and views in NY. Ill take midtown over Brooklyn...
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002016-08-23T17:00:52-05:000552 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I didn't miss this...

"The expansion is in anticipation of more staff," said Steven Cheung, director of Trump's rapid response."

I just assumed it to be cover-your-ass BS for Trump fleecing his donors out of money.

Trump's campaign staff has shrunken, not grown, since he won the Nomination.

Best case scenario for Trump is that he is renting empty office space at present to the tune of an extra 130k a month for people he hasn't hired yet??

It's his building...he obviously has vacant space...why rent space to sit unoccupied? He can pay for it when he hires these phantom hundreds of employees....

Just utter BS top to bottom. If I was a big Donnie Donor I would be at his desk right now waiting for him to write me a refund check.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I just assumed it to be cover-your-ass BS for Trump fleecing his donors out of money.

Most people would make that sort of assumption.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

It truly doesn't bother you that Trump is using this campaign and small donor's money to enrich himself?

It truly doesn't bother you that Hillary does the same? They are both scoundrels...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join