It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Steven Tyler predict Hillary Clinton's email scandal in '78?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ok this is total conjecture and for fun or is it? I am not trying to politically troll. This is just something odd I came into.

I have several rare recordings of Aerosmith in my collection. So today I was playing several Aerosmith recordings just jammin' and then played their live Chicago 3-23-78 concert. And strangely the first song is "Rat's in the cellar" Doe's that sound like Hillary? Well It gets better.

In the intro to "Rat's in the cellar" Steven dedicates the song to Hillary. Mind you this is a '78 recording. So I look up the lyric's and the song title along with the lyric's is so fitting with Hillary today and this election cycle.

Here are the lyrics to "Rat's in the cellar". I put the interesting parts of the lyric's in bold.

Rats In The Cellar
Goin' under, rats in the cellar
Goin' under, skin's turnin' yellow
Nose is runny, losin' my connection
Losin' money, getting no affection

New york city blues
East side, west side lose
Throw me in the slam
Catch me if you can
Believe
That you're wearing
Tearing me apart

Safe complaining, 'cause everything's rotten

Go insanin', and ain't a thing forgotten
Feelin' cozy, rats in the cellar
Cheeks are rosy, skin's turning yellow
Lose it's party, lookin' rather lazy
See my body, pushin up a-daisies

New york city blues
East side, west side lose
Throw me in the slam
Catch me if you can
Believe
That you're wearing
Tearing me apart

And now the recording itself (found full recording on youtube for you all. ATS what you think? The "Hillary" comment starts @ 1:05

In fact Hillary is mentioned a few times during this show. I am sure it's not about her? But along with the lyric's still a coincidence and ATS worthy.

edit on 8 22 2016 by Naturallywired because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Hillary was Joe Perry's girl friend......Tyler could not stand her, not the only song Tyler wrote in protest of Perry's woman. My first concert was Aerosmith at the Greensboro Coliseum...I was 14 yrs old, I'm now 53 and Aerosmith should just quit. Sweet Emotion was the other song.....Also at the show I went to they screwed up that particular song to the point of they just stopped & went to another song. To be honest the opening band was much better. It was Frank Marino & Mahogony Rush.
edit on 22-8-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Hillary was Joe Perry's girl friend......Tyler could not stand her, not the only song Tyler wrote in protest of Perry's woman. My first concert was Aerosmith at the Greensboro Coliseum...I was 14 yrs old, I'm now 53 and Aerosmith should just quit. Sweet Emotion was the other song.....Also at the show I went to they screwed up that particular song to the point of they just stopped & went to another song. To be honest the opening band was much better. It was Frank Marino & Mahogony Rush.
I kinda figured it wasn't HRC, but still you have to agree along with the lyric's it is quite creepy though?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
No Aerosmith still dressing like rock stars as they are all in their 60"s is scary.a reply to: Naturallywired

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
No Aerosmith still dressing like rock stars as they are all in their 60"s is scary.a reply to: Naturallywired

Funny you mention that? I was just today thinking of how all the old school rock bands are still trying to do their thing? But then I thought to myself, How far did the older generation bands take it? Artist like Frank Sinatra, B.B king, Herb Albert, Dizzie Gillespie, Louie Armstrong was that all scary too or are you just being to judgemental?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have no idea how old you are, but this started a convo between the wife & I. In our time their were some iconic stars that simply went away and have not hung onto the "old days". There was a time in the 70's if you turned on the radio you heard The Steve Miller Band, Then came Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band. Then it was Phil Collins & Genesis , then just Phil Collins, Then came Steve Winwood ( what a career Mr.Winwood has had)....three bands in his career all three very successful. The Spencer Davis Group, Traffic, ( low spark of hi heeled boys, a classic) Blind Faith & Go Plus his solo career.

IMHO Aerosmith in all their rock glory...can't hold a candle to any of the artist's I mentioned. Then again I'm old. As far as rock music goes. I've been a RUSH fab since I was 13 years old....here of late I've been listening to Corb Lund & The Hurtin Albertins......my how our taste's change with age. In my opinion the age of rock star bands has died a slow slow death. Wife & I are traveling to Canada next year to catch Corb Lund in concert...if I live that long.a reply to: Naturallywired

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Naturallywired

You're grasping at more straws than Mr. Tallarico ever did!

new topics

top topics

join