It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver to Trump: Drop Out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian
Wow.

Since 1938, I've wondered exactly how the German people could have so widely supported an obviously unhinged and thoroughly dangerous demagogue.

Even with the availability of the internet and the instant research opportunities it offers, there are people who are bound and determined not to look at the evidence, to interpret any commentary against their candidate as bigotry and knee-jerk opposition.

Even with the availability of the internet you never bothered to look up how Hitler came to power?

Hitler wasn't popularly supported. He was appointed Chancellor, then took advantage of the political landscape.

lobelog.com...

In the final two free elections before Hitler’s rise to power, in July and November 1932, the Nazis received 38% and 33% of the vote, respectively — a plurality but not enough to bring them into government. In the 1932 presidential election, Hitler lost to Hindenburg by a wide margin.

Hitler came to power not through elections, but because Hindenburg and the circle around Hindenburg ultimately decided to appoint him chancellor in January 1933. This was the result of backroom dealing and power politics, not any kind of popular vote. It is true that after Hitler was already ensconced as chancellor, the Nazis subsequently won the March 1933 elections. But this was in the wake of the Reichstag fire, when the government had passed an emergency law that sharply restricted the activities of left-of-center parties (including the arrest of many Communist leaders). Thus it is difficult to claim that these were “free and fair” elections.

edit on 22-8-2016 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
"steeped in racial bigotry"

Evidence please.

I am not sure all the evidence and videos would fit.

Is that a serious question?

the fact that wherever there's a chance - even most remote - to bash Trump, you show up, is truly hillarious.

how's the foundation paying?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

the fact that wherever there's a chance - even most remote - to bash Trump, you show up, is truly hillarious.

All the Trumpsters showing up to defend him is just as hilarious.

BTW there are plenty of reasons to bash Trump that have nothing to do with supporting Hillary. Just because you've limited yourself into choosing one over the other doesn't mean everyone else has done the same.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

All the Trumpsters showing up to defend him is just as hilarious.

BTW there are plenty of reasons to bash Trump that have nothing to do with supporting Hillary. Just because you've limited yourself into choosing one over the other doesn't mean everyone else has done the same.

wrong.

i'm not living in the states, i'm not a US citizen, so i'm not voting and i don't have to make a choice in hope that the #hole you're in, will magically change.

as for Trump, he's either trolling everyone or just being brutally honest. if, IF, there's a chance he's being honest, he's a better choice, imho, because Clinton certainly isn't and never was.

if i would have to guess, i would go with trolling. still, that particular person is a diehard Hillary fan, i've seen enough proof of that. and this thread isn't exactly about Trump vs Hillary, it's about Trump himself, so can we have at least one thread without throwing # at the opposition thank you very much?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

The truth? Well, the liberal fantasy of truth at least. The one where anyone that has a problem with the current agenda of degenerate "progress" and wiping out of culture is a racist or a sexist. The horribly and increasingly bizarre mental acrobatics that goes for progressive debate. Downright psychotic belligerence and ironic intolerance.

"The fascists of the future will be called anti-fascists"

Finally someone that understands the dialectic process of politics and movements. This should be taught in school.

I can't believe how easily people fall prey to fascism, it's laughable really. There are always millions of warnings all around, what a scathing indictment of humanity. To have legions of drones moan endlessly about oppression while simultaneously being a follower of a totalitarian agenda. To moan so endlessly yet never challenging even a single aspect of the corrupt establishment

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
John Oliver covers the DNC... and it's more about Trump, less about the DNC.

With all the low-hanging fruit he doesn't even mention the myriad scandals surrounding Clinton. He is a hatchet man.

HBO is owned by Time-warner. Time-warner is owned by Comcast. Comcast VP David Cohen hosted fundraisers for the Clinton Campaign. Follow the money.

How Comcast Bought the Democratic Party

Comcast execs holds fundraiser for Hillary Clinton

edit on 23-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

He is not even a hatchet man.
He is a bit from a successful show hosted by a talented man who retired.
Just like other bits oliver will soon be looking for a new job as he has refused to grow outside that bit.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

So in other words, a minority supported Hitler, he was ensconced in power by a political elite with the aid of a false flag and it took the public too long (fatally long in many cases) to realize what a mistake they had tolerated with their acquiescence and inaction.

Sounds familiar.

And I'm asked how 'history could repeat itself'?????

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Just like other bits oliver will soon be looking for a new job as he has refused to grow outside that bit.

I don't know. The left need they're propagandists as much as the right. Limbaugh, Hannity and O'Reilly, to give 3 examples, keep saying the same old tired bits over and over again and they're still on air. I think Oliver will be the same. I mean look at Bill Maher...not really that funny and he's been on air for years.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Colbert is on his last legs in his gig.
www.breitbart.com...

Stephen Colbert is no longer allowed to use the faux conservative character he played for nine years on Comedy Central’s Colbert Report on his new show, CBS’ Late Show with Stephen Colbert, the late-night host explained in a segment on the program Wednesday night.

www.independent.co.uk...

Comedy Central announced the show would close earlier on in the day, the last episode of which will air on Thursday

Like the other two oliver has yet to grow beyond the bit he was given on the daily show with john stewart. Like the other two his gimmik is wearing thin. HBO won't keep him forever. I bet he lasts through the election then gets punted.

Bill Maher is a completely different animal. His show is still similar to what was on "politically incorrect", but he still does stand up dates. He completed the documentary religuous. He is alot more than a bit on someone elses show.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Look this John Oliver Maybe is a trickster to try and sway the US opinion? he said the UK was already independent Satire ?

Independence
One of the essential attributes of a state under International Law is external sovereignty—that is, the right to exercise freely the full range of power a state possesses under international law. Recognition of a state as independent necessarily implies that the recognizing states have no legal authority over the independent state. The status of a fully independent state should be contrasted with that of dependent or vassal states, where a superior state has the legal authority to impose its will over the subject, or inferior, state.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

Under EU legislation Independence was impossible and still is with a state within a state (City Of London)

en.wikipedia.org...

BE-AWARE?

Obama might just refuse to leave, he did say that Trump, was not fit for the Job, then what?

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: MrSpad

Yeah, yet she handily beat down Bernie Sanders within their own party...

My original comment stands, this is driven from fear. Gary Johnson would lose this election if he ran unopposed because he's not a libertarian. He's a pro drug progressive, in other words: not electable outside of the under 30 voter base. But hey, they're voting for him and they likely weren't going to vote Republican regardless of the candidate so yay!

We'll see in November. I've made no predictions, only stated observations and voiced support. If Trump wins in November, however, I will absolutely remind you of these regular as clockwork "Trump can't win" prognostications you continue to make, and I will remind you of them time after time after time after time, my friend. Hell, I may ask my wife to needle point them onto a large sheet and send it to the Smithsonian to be proudly displayed in your honor for all to see.

She barely beat Sanders and she had every advantage. She polled as losing against every other Republican in the primaries except Cruz who she tied with. Trump had a chance but, his poor choice in talent in hiring advisers, terrible organizational skills, lack of ability to negotiate and compromise, lack of strategic vision, in ability to adapt, failure to get educated about how the US Government works, foreign affairs, and economics, lack of attention to detail, and complete lack of self control are what has doomed him. A poorly run campaign and poorly run Convention have killed him. I have never said Trump could not win, anything can happen, it would however be highly unlikely at this point. While he has stopped the bleeding in the national polls, he has not in places like Ohio or other battle ground states where Clinton is now focused.

While Trump is trying to show a softer side to a national audience with apologies going soft on illegals to try and seem less Trump like, Clinton is in the battle ground states focusing on local issues. In the mean time Missouri has joined Georgia, Arizona and Utah as once solid red now battle ground states. Even in Texas his lead is single digit and Clinton has raised more money there. Which is why Trump is headed there, for "fund raising" and not because he losing ground there. Clinton is winning by 25 points in the 45 and under. The Texas GOP is freaking out that Trump could be ruining the future of the GOP in Texas.

And this is Trumps problem. He has limited time and fires breaking out all over. This is when he needs all those bridges he burden in the primaries by making everything personal. He needs the Bushs and Cruz all out for him in Texas so he does not need to go there, He needs McCain all out for him in Arizona so he does not have to go there, he needs Romney in Utah so he does not have to go there, he need Kasich in Ohio where Clinton lead is growing, he needs Jed and Rubio out for him in Florida where Clinton's lead is also growing. All because Trump was short sighted and unable to campaign on issues instead of headline grabbing personal attacks.

Trumps best hope is that Clinton self destructs. His fate is no longer in his hands. He poor decision making skills lead him here and only dumb luck can save him.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Well his ratings are so good he has been given another two season renewal and his segments have the highest views in HBO history. So great ratings and having and impact? He is going to be around as long as he wants. The John Oliver Effect: Why the British comedian's impact is no joke
edit on 23-8-2016 by MrSpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
But why should I respect John Olivers opinion?

First of, he is a WHITE STRAIGHT MAN!!!!!! I mean, that makes him part of the evil patriarchy, even if he isn't conscious of it.

Also he is from England, must I remind everyone of their empires destruction?

I appreciate John's attempts at labeling conservatives racist, but he needs to step down and allow a woman of color or different sexual or gender classification have an opinion. Until then he is just continuing the white straight mans dominance of the entertainment industry.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

And leave us with what? Hillary?

No thanks, I'd rather see my 3-legged dog who has a leg-humping problem be President.

I cannot think of a single truthful thing that Hillary has done in HONESTY and there are so many who are going to vote 'because' (insert stupid label here).

The country voted 'because' last time as well...and look what that got us!

We need to implement term restrictions on all politicians for the abuses to stop.

I'll never vote for her, even on pain of death.

At best she's a liar, and worst, the media kool-aid would been be put down and some of one's own time and due diligence be put into her history...it's not pretty.

IF she's actually put on trial and found guilty and prosecuted...I wonder how many people will 'mysteriously' die up until that point?

I'd love for the 3rd party people to get more of a shout...but Bernie is too much like willy wonka to me...it'll only make sense on cooked books, water smeared paper and in a perfect utopian society...and none of those are likely either...so where's my dog at, gotta put a costume on this little guy...Presidential election calling and all...

edit on 23-8-2016 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So John Oliver and Colbert are both on the way out huh???

LOLOLOL

I don't know what world some of you live in but it's divorced from reality big time. We keep telling you to stop listening to Right Wing Propaganda News but you just won't listen and this is the result you get.

Well, enjoy being wrong guys. Neither of them are going anywhere regardless of what you may think.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
who's john oliver??

why would someone care what...some guy named john oliver says?

He's a director who made "Dumping Lisa". Look it up in IMDB.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

That's a different John Oliver I believe.

The one we're talking about isn't a Director/Producer of films.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
But why should I respect John Olivers opinion?

First of, he is a WHITE STRAIGHT MAN!!!!!! I mean, that makes him part of the evil patriarchy, even if he isn't conscious of it.

Also he is from England, must I remind everyone of their empires destruction?

I appreciate John's attempts at labeling conservatives racist, but he needs to step down and allow a woman of color or different sexual or gender classification have an opinion. Until then he is just continuing the white straight mans dominance of the entertainment industry.

You do not have to respect his opinions. You can listen to the facts he presents you and do what then what you will.

posted on Aug, 23 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You can listen to the facts he presents you and do what then what you will.

What is this madness you speak of? From where do you hail, spaceman?

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join