It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Oliver to Trump: Drop Out

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"Simply drop out and tell America this entire candidacy was a stunt — a satire designed to expose the flaws in the system," Oliver said. "And the thing is you could actually make a fairly decent case for that."

"Just think about how triumphant it would feel to say on national television," Oliver added, quoting a fictitious Trump, "‘I openly ran on a platform of impossibly ignorant proposals steeped in racial bigotry and nobody stopped me. In fact, you embraced me for it. What the # was that about?’ "That would be one of the most powerful political speeches of all time. If you drop out in order to teach America a lesson, you would not be a loser. You would be a legend. There’d be a federal holiday in your honor."

John Oliver

All I can add is, Amen. It would explain everything and our long national nightmare would be over.

Then Comey could do the same thing, indict Hillary, Bill and the entire board of directors of the Clinton Foundation, and let the third party candidates battle it out along with a returned Bernie Sanders.

Okay, I know none of that is going to happen, but let a very old man fantasize, okay?

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

That combined with your addition would be an acceptable outcome for me.

By itself it gives Hillary the candidacy straight out and the PTBs obsession with her winning is downright terrifying.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

S&f, I love John Oliver. It's a hilarious and blatantly logical show.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yeah, Hillary is no alternative.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
John Oliver more than makes up for the UK sending us the moronic Piers Morgan.

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
"steeped in racial bigotry"

Evidence please.

link   

I like John Oliver, but I'm disappointed he broke the promise he made on his show last year to not talk about Trump (or the US election at all for that matter). Instead, after he was forced to do the Drumph show, he's mentioned Trump in every single episode... usually not as the main story but it's still a betrayal of what he promised.

+15 more 
link   
who's john oliver??

why would someone care what...some guy named john oliver says?

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Who's John oliver

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
"steeped in racial bigotry"

Evidence please.

I am not sure all the evidence and videos would fit.

Is that a serious question?
edit on 22-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Who is this John Oliver and why should I care what he says?

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
who's john oliver??

There's a link' in the Original Post (OP). It says 'John Oliver' and you may notice that it's in a different color.

You 'click' (use your mouse or whatever) on that link and voila! a different site pops up.

And there, lo and behold, is an actual video showing who John Oliver is (a comedian who tells the truth, always) and then you can watch that video and learn.

It's easy. Really. Try it.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
who's john oliver??

He's a comedian, former popular correspondent on the Daily Show, was originally going to replace John Stewart. Instead HBO gave him his own show called Last Week Tonight which he hosts. It's the same style of show where he makes comedic insights to political goings on with a bunch of photoshopped graphics though his format is slightly different. It features 10 minutes or so of smaller stories then a 20 minute or so larger story that he goes indepth on. A lot of the issues he's touched on over the past couple years the show has been have been very good, and he's even effected some change with them. Others are merely informative such as explaining how cigarette companies have bent over various countries, or special tax districts and how they're a huge local tax issue, or the massive conflict of interest in pharmaceutical companies lobbying doctors. The main topic is posted on youtube each week.

He does have a problem lately with making too many comments on both Trump and Hillary though.

As far as why you should care? There's no reason to, it's just his opinion on things, the same as any of the million "Listen to XYZ's opinion on (topic)" threads that somehow count as content. He is funny though.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I like John Oliver, but I'm disappointed he broke the promise he made on his show last year to not talk about Trump (or the US election at all for that matter). Instead, after he was forced to do the Drumph show, he's mentioned Trump in every single episode... usually not as the main story but it's still a betrayal of what he promised.

He REALLY wanted to. Believe me. It's painful talking about this ..... thing... every week. But the comedy is so easy, it writes itself. He has a staff of paid writers helping him and they all wanted to take the easy way out.

As a public service, mind you.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I used to like John but he obviously has an issue if he can't see that Hillary should drop out as well? Then we'd be stuck with two real candidates Jill and Gary.

I didn't like his take on Brexit either. It's as if he's incapable of seeing the opposing side on things and if they differ from him, he has no recourse but to insult them. I guess that's why I never listen to him or Bill Maher or any of the retards on Fox News and talk radio.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Don't come back to England, John. You ain't welcome.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Please cite any evidence of the alleged racial bigotry.

Keep in mind islam is NOT A RACE.

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

He was on the Community TV sitcom he does a kind of pundit show now, he can be funny, its a bit hit and miss just like Community. He did an interview with Edward Snowdon that equated the whole whistle blowing saga to misuse of dick pics. I got why he did it that way, but I felt he missed an opportunity to actually inform a quite large audience.

Edit: Beaten to the punch sorry

edit on 22-8-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: I = he

edit on 22-8-2016 by CatandtheHatchet because: spelling sorry new at this

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Here os an example of bigotry and xenophobia.

Remember that time Trump resaerched Oliver's ancestry and discovered his ancesteral name was actually Herr Zoliverph?

Trump thought it sounded scary and foreign and reminiscent of dark shifty german stereotypes so he insisted on calling Oliver "Zoloverph" from then on.
edit on 22-8-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: reldra

Please cite any evidence of the alleged racial bigotry.

Keep in mind islam is NOT A RACE.

Fortune- is Trump a Racist?

“ Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes… Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else…Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that’s guy’s lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join