It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Switch Back Proof - Houston, We Have A Problem

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Ahh, but you are so much more than your body.....
your soul encompasses so much more than just your body, your reactions to life and what it dealt you, and your emotions...
it's so much more than that.....
but they would have us believe something totally different, and what we have to accept to get through this current living situation is more than some can survive, because and in spite of their bodies......
tetra

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I think it's much more than that even.

Interchanging mind control
Come, let the revolution take its toll
If you could flick the switch and open your third eye
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die
(so come on)

I know why I remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Well Latin does and where do you think Latin words came from?

Anyhow, this is just one of many differences that have stockpilled over the last year. I mean who am I to argue what people know in their gut that has changed.

That`s the point. You know but you can`t prove. Remember, no tangible evidence left. Also TPTB is not just USA, they are controlling the world, at least the western world and they may be conducting expermients that no one has ever heard of. That`s the whole point of a conspiracy as they conspire against us, the people.

You simply cannot see through it. Yes you may see a pattern but these are just fragments of the whole picture so you will never be able to complete the puzzle without all the parts needed. For every part that you find, know that there are at least 10 more parts that you don`t even know about. And that`s just the knowing....proving anything on the other hand is like going nuts standing next to an empty frame with no puzzles.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

actually you are making the game much too complex.
You can look for "who is controlling things? And why? And how?"

OR

You do it to.

You can learn a piece of their rules and try your best to follow along..

OR

You make them follow you.

quote]

originally posted by: Op3nM1nd3d

Well Latin does and where do you think Latin words came from?

Latin has more letters/sounds than greek. You are missing the point again. I didn't post all those pictures in greek or latin.
spell me a silent N in latin.. What is this lol?

It's funny because I was agreeing with you, but maybe you don't get it.
edit on 17-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

I think it's much more than that even.

Interchanging mind control
Come, let the revolution take its toll
If you could flick the switch and open your third eye
You'd see that we should never be afraid to die
(so come on)

I know why I remember.

I know why I remember too, my friend.....
much love and future remembrance and happiness to you, as well.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
5 pages of Mandela Effect garbage.

JC, are you kidding me with this one?

This is not proof of a "mandela effect".

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wdkirk
5 pages of Mandela Effect garbage.

JC, are you kidding me with this one?

This is not proof of a "mandela effect".

The fact that it can't be proven does not dismiss it, my friend.
I am a believer in science and a skeptic, at heart.....
however, so many anecdotal experiences, and neutrino physics, has to have a real say in this issue.
tetra50

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   

actually you are making the game much too complex. You can look for "who is controlling things? And why? And how?"

OR

You do it to.

You can learn a piece of their rules and try your best to follow along..

OR You make them follow you.

lol, well the game is complex for an ordinary man. Like said in the video, I want to know what is going on and who or what is causing it. Don`t you? So far we only have ideas...

As for them following you, you can bet they are taking notes.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Latin has more letters/sounds than greek. You are missing the point again. I didn't post all those pictures in greek or latin. spell me a silent N in latin.. What is this lol?

It's funny because I was agreeing with you, but maybe you don't get it.

I get it, I was just pointing out that the background explanation with a letter M sounds more convincing that with a silent N

EDIT: Oh and by the way, correct me if I`m wrong but I thought English language uses latin alphabet. You never know thesedays...

edit on 17-8-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

oh taking notes hmm..
I don't know but there are reasons I get scared typing simple words on a screen haha.
If I was selfish I wouldn't bother.

As far as the alphebet that's not exactly true. The latin that came from greek didn't have 26 letters.
That's not the point.
Look at the pictures I posted. Follow the links.
There's even a mention of dilemna from 1551 in oxford dictionary.

Just for instance there is no J U or W .. In old Latin..

But But But Jesus????

Yup you can't say Jesus back then.. Not the way we say it in english. This doesn't mean that saying jesus is incorrect in english.

Modern latin is a bit different containing all the sounds now. As far as what I am talking about just look at my links and pictures and think for yourself WHY is this even a thing if ALL the proof says it's dilemma? HOW?

Houston you have a problem

I was helping you prove a point until you sidetracked me with meaningless words.
read again my first response to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Hey, I know the feeling, look at my thread regarding Mars. I still have a memory that is telling me just he opposite of all the evidence regarding this, what now appears to be, tiny planet

I don`t know how but I was thinking my memory may have been altered somehow because it`s not something I would ever forget or learn it wrong in the first place. I unfortunately don`t have the answer.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Is this really still a thing?

The biggest factor in the "Mandela Effect" is memory. And right there the whole theory or "effect" tumbles right down.

People think that memory is a black and white factual process. In their minds when they recall a memory they are basically calling up a file of a memory and they flip the file open and read it as a collection of facts. This cannot be further from the truth. Every time you recall a memory you basically reconstruct the memory from scratch. And every time you access (or construct) a memory something is changed in the memory. The basic construct of the memory remains the same, but small details are changed.

Neuroscientists have recently shown that memory, especially autobiographical memory, is a dynamic entity that perpetually changes. Autobiographical memories are vulnerable to multiple influences and prone to distortions and deceptions; they are never constant and never result in fully accurate representations. At the same time, however, these changes occur without us being aware of them. Even so, we still attribute belief to memories and view them as accurate representations of our past.
-------------
Cognitive psychologists, who deal with memory, investigate how memory is formed, reconstructed and modified, and in what way it conforms to past experiences. These psychologists presume that memory’s function is to adapt and adjust us to new circumstances, and, as a result, tends to fail in reproducing reality. For these reasons, memory often contains errors, inaccuracy, distortions, and gaps.
Source

Recall or retrieval of memory refers to the subsequent re-accessing of events or information from the past, which have been previously encoded and stored in the brain. In common parlance, it is known as remembering. During recall, the brain "replays" a pattern of neural activity that was originally generated in response to a particular event, echoing the brain's perception of the real event. In fact, there is no real solid distinction between the act of remembering and the act of thinking.

These replays are not quite identical to the original, though - otherwise we would not know the difference between the genuine experience and the memory - but are mixed with an awareness of the current situation. One corollary of this is that memories are not frozen in time, and new information and suggestions may become incorporated into old memories over time. Thus, remembering can be thought of as an act of creative reimagination.
Source

And many, many, many more similar studies and facts supported by science.

So, I'm sorry to break it to those that believe the "Mandela Effect" is a real thing - but your memory is fallible. And very much so.

There is an "ME". But it's not "Mandela Effect", it's "Misinformation Effect".

It's basic neuroscience, not some woowoo absurd theory.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gaspode

Your memory is messed up too.
And Social psychology says that when YOU recall the memory you will conform to what is normal.

think harder

this is a PDF

There is no "normal" reason for a highly shrunken hippocampus to all the sudden when someone is dying to reconnect to the rest of the brain...
That's stupid.
BUT memories and even the ability to speak can come back in 5-10% of the population who completely lost those abilities. This happens right before death, or right after coming back from "death."

I danced around this in an earlier post about dream recall. There is a method to my madness.

That's sort of also a funny aside. People claiming the memory is fallible are correct, but they forget their memory is also fallible. once a shift happens your memory starts fading into the new reality.

Those who remember dreams better, are much more likely to remember things before a change, and more likely to claim MEs are real phenomena.

I trained around psy ops guys in the Army. I'll keep bringing that up until something sinks in.

You don't even realize how messed up your memory and thought patterns really are.

I know why I remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode
Is this really still a thing?

The biggest factor in the "Mandela Effect" is memory. And right there the whole theory or "effect" tumbles right down.

People think that memory is a black and white factual process. In their minds when they recall a memory they are basically calling up a file of a memory and they flip the file open and read it as a collection of facts. This cannot be further from the truth. Every time you recall a memory you basically reconstruct the memory from scratch. And every time you access (or construct) a memory something is changed in the memory. The basic construct of the memory remains the same, but small details are changed.

Neuroscientists have recently shown that memory, especially autobiographical memory, is a dynamic entity that perpetually changes. Autobiographical memories are vulnerable to multiple influences and prone to distortions and deceptions; they are never constant and never result in fully accurate representations. At the same time, however, these changes occur without us being aware of them. Even so, we still attribute belief to memories and view them as accurate representations of our past.
-------------
Cognitive psychologists, who deal with memory, investigate how memory is formed, reconstructed and modified, and in what way it conforms to past experiences. These psychologists presume that memory’s function is to adapt and adjust us to new circumstances, and, as a result, tends to fail in reproducing reality. For these reasons, memory often contains errors, inaccuracy, distortions, and gaps.
Source

Recall or retrieval of memory refers to the subsequent re-accessing of events or information from the past, which have been previously encoded and stored in the brain. In common parlance, it is known as remembering. During recall, the brain "replays" a pattern of neural activity that was originally generated in response to a particular event, echoing the brain's perception of the real event. In fact, there is no real solid distinction between the act of remembering and the act of thinking.

These replays are not quite identical to the original, though - otherwise we would not know the difference between the genuine experience and the memory - but are mixed with an awareness of the current situation. One corollary of this is that memories are not frozen in time, and new information and suggestions may become incorporated into old memories over time. Thus, remembering can be thought of as an act of creative reimagination.
Source

And many, many, many more similar studies and facts supported by science.

So, I'm sorry to break it to those that believe the "Mandela Effect" is a real thing - but your memory is fallible. And very much so.

There is an "ME". But it's not "Mandela Effect", it's "Misinformation Effect".

It's basic neuroscience, not some woowoo absurd theory.

OK. Gaspode> Hi there.

So, this many anecdotal memories are malficient?
I'm going to suggest to you to look up a member here called GETSmart.....who YEARS ago started writing about these anomalies. Now, I don't necessarily agree with GetSmart's out of the box views on why that's happening, but this member's threads do document from a long time back people's "memories" of well known people who others remembered had died and then seemed to live and die again.....

I agree with you , really, about human memory. But my problem with that academically is that there are too many people reporting the very same memory anomalies. Combine that with certain proof of CGO technology being used to con the public vis a vis military missions, wars and mission statements, political.....then we have a whole different matter, to my way of thinking. Surely, anyone can see where this leads, if you can be made to see what someone wants you to, but isn't really real.......

The problem here is that when we're talking about contrails, chemtrails, etc. it can go absolutely anywhere from there. And here's the thing: point A makes perfect sense, just from your experience of your car....not to mention a plane.....

Why am I talking about plane contrails and mandela effect in the same post? Because it's all related, that's why.
One thing leads to another, common sense wise, and so on........
That's where we are....really. We don't really want to connect those dots, but they do, in fact, connect.
Connecting them means we are living in a place we didn't think could be this way and don't know how to deal with....that's the whole point.

That we cannot deal with the reality of where we are, because it's something so very different than what we were taught, brought up to believe in, or thought was real....making reality a joke.

wrap your head around it. It's time everyone does. Because you can be convinced and lead to believe absolutely anything. Does that make it real? That's the true question. Probably not.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

While this is the best explanation anyone can come up with at present, I`m not sure this is the case here. Just too many people involved in the same dillema. As said in the clip I provided, It`s not as if people remember it in many different ways. It`s always two sides, maybe three in some things. Always either a Wolf or a Lion for example. Not a Frog, a Tiger or an Elephant. So this 'memory is falliable' memo doesn`t quite add up.
edit on 17-8-2016 by Op3nM1nd3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Oh brilliant! A test: two plus two equals five.

Who are you? Do you say "okay fine", or is your response "WTH? No!"

We're all in danger, don't surrender. Have faith in you.

edit on 17-8-2016 by Peeple because: Misquoted

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:02 AM
link   

How does that relate to anything I said?

I agree with you , really, about human memory. But my problem with that academically is that there are too many people reporting the very same memory anomalies.

See the problem is the Mandela effect always rely on a small detail that supposedly changed. Not a major fact.

Let's consider the actual process (over-simplified): For example if one person claims - random example - "I recall the leaf of the Apple logo being on the left hand side." It is such a small detail that you've never really thought about it. As you read the sentence you start constructing the memory of the Apple logo.
And right there during the process of reconstruction is the moment of failure. As strong and amazing as the human brain is, it cannot store every single piece of information - sensory or otherwise. So when you try to remember something that you have seen or experienced and should be in your memory (but isn't) you reconstruct the memory from scratch with all available information. And what information was just presented to you? The leaf being on the left hand side. Lo and behold you "also" remember the leaf being on the left hand side...

And this will happen with the next guy and the next guy and the next guy that reads the sentence. But not everyone. See some folks would have information available other than the sentence you were just presented with so they will clearly remember the leaf being on the right hand side.

See - it works perfectly with minor details that can easily be manipulated. Where people have knowledge of the subject, but won't have any information available other than the statement that was just presented to them. Try the Mandela effect with something major?

"I clearly recall the sky being green."

People will call you silly because they have more information available to reconstruct the memory than just your sentence.

Show me an example of a major "Mandela Effect"? See. Confabulation.

Why not? Carefully read through some of the articles describing how memory works. It's fascinating and will perhaps give better insight on just how fallible memory actually is. You can start your research with the study conducted by John Palmer and Elizabeth Loftus in the mid-70's.

And then when that's done, another interesting field of study is social conformity. Which basically people together are stupid.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I remember the minor controversy when this movie came out about the how Tom Hanks misquoted the actual line. Don't think a Mandela or Berenstein Bear effect is going on here.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Ok. But I again point you to the Ouroboros, or Mandala symbol of ancient origin. I keep bringing this up because it's particular to this issue, symbolically and cyclically. Meaning, people have experience this for a very long time, so long, in fact, that there are ancient tales attendant to it.

Has it occurred to you that human memory, time, and a historical lineage of events is, in fact, at odds.....

A further study of time, lunar, solar, calendars, and the true keeping of time through the radioactive decay and half life of certain natural born minerals, all are at odds with one another? And perhaps even in the field of physics, how neutrino effects, have influenced that radioactive decay on occasion, even challenging the standard model of physics?

Having studied all that, one has to have enough of an open mind without your brain falling out of it's vesicle, but open enough to understand that nothing is as sure as we , perhaps, need to think it is,/i] to keep a grasp of things to keep getting up in the morning and going about our day.....
regards
tetra50

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Oh brilliant! A test: two plus two equals five.

Who are you? Do you say "okay fine", or is your response "WTH? No!"

We're all in danger, don't surrender. Have faith in you.

I don't understand the inference here. I have encountered you on the boards before, and you were always hostile to my comments. I am tetra50. You can search my profile, threads and comments like anyone else's. Of course I have faith in me, and in you and everyone else with a mind......I wouldn't bother reading and writing otherwise. Take care.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join