It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Switch Back Proof - Houston, We Have A Problem

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

That sounds interesting. I've been trying to figure some theory where someone is running massive psy ops on people, but I can't get it to make sense. I'm stuck with ME being some sort of timeline shift, but I'm still trying to find an alternative or falsify that one.

Memory doesn't cut it because I've watched things change as I researched them. That one is out the window in the case of explaining ALL ME. It could explain a large portion of supposed MEs though.

I just wish dilemna was still spelled like this.. dilemma is how I used to misspell it every time.

edit on 16-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And I know the actual mission transcript should be 'Houston we have a problem'.

There is the actual audio of the transmission.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

And for anyone not understanding the OP.. Go back and read very carefully.
This is actually the best evidence to date I have seen.

It's people correcting people with memory issues by saying the movie says the same thing as the mission, only for the movie to not actually say the same as the mission..

That's sort of also a funny aside. People claiming the memory is fallible are correct, but they forget their memory is also fallible. once a shift happens your memory starts fading into the new reality.

Those who remember dreams better, are much more likely to remember things before a change, and more likely to claim MEs are real phenomena. That's my hypothesis. It's something I actually came up with 15 years ago. It's only now I'm thinking of ways to look into it.

It's quite clear at this current moment the movie says:

"Houston We Have A Problem."

So why is it corrected in writing by so many people to say that people quote the movie wrong not the movie quotes the mission wrong but people quote the movie wrong when saying houston we have a problem? THat they should say we've had a problem.. ?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

You said you were developing a hypothesis which may indicate people who remember their dreams are more affected.

I want to add for your research that I remember my dreams very well. I have the "INFJ" personality type - the line between my subconscious and conscious thought blend - so I often have 'control' while in REM.

Oddly I was just talking with my fiance about a dream I had last night.. then sat down, went to page 3 and saw your post (possible synchronicity) and am now replying.

I have to get off here for now - it's time to kick butt with the crew on GTA5... May check back later tonight and definitely tomorrow morning.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Every person is probably being judged right now.

Now according to quantum realities there are multiple versions of this world all running parallel to each other in real time. Some physicists have speculated that as every second ticks by, the current world is like a static frame in a film.

So what if the person is kind to others and does a good deed to another person. In one second, their spirit swaps places with another nastier version of their spirit in another version of earth. The good spirit rises to a better world, the nasty spirit enters this world.

So some people are jumping from one version where Darth Vader said 'I am your father'. Other people remember the Darth Vader incident differently because in their reality, Darth said that. So whatever, a person remembers, is true because in their history, that memory is true.

One thing that doesn't change when a spirit jumps realities, is their memory. The contradictions occur when they jump into a version of earth where their memory cannot be verified by historical fact.

That sounds interesting but how do you know this? How could someone discover this?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

I have insanely good "other memory" recall. I've always known this about myself. I can even store my bodies sleeping memories along side the same time of my dream memories sometimes. two memory streams. Robert Bruce speaks on the difficulty of remembering OBE experiences as being a product of two memory streams coming together. The body memory and the out of body memory. When you come back into your body it's most likely the OBE memory gets over written. That's his theory, and just going on my experience with dream recall it matches that perfectly. I feel my body memory trying to overwrite my dream if I have both for the same time period.

Our brains are reality condensers it SEEMS.

IF someone wanted to change reality in our memories (psychological operation) or change history literally (Quantum effects) those of us who have this type of memory recall will not be affected at the same rate as the majority of people.

I looked into this very hard at one point as did another poster who says he will not look into this anymore. We both experienced negative consequences looking into this. I threw caution to the wind at one point on ATS. I decided 100% truth would be me. I'll just say everything I know and hope it brings others into the open who know more than me. Well that was a VERY bad idea looking back. Now I'm scared to get too deep into this, but I still have that innate urge to expose reality that I just can't help.

I am INTP

Anyway I think other people's memories are changing and because I know how it feels when memories change or fade I know that it's highly unlikely many would notice.

And for those who think this is all a memory issue I'll tell you right now there should not only be 2 options then. There should be 7 different false memories for the same events. Out of all the people in the world all remembering things wrong we always come up with what one group thinks it used to be and what everyone else "knows it always was."
This makes me uncomfortable believing it's a memory only issue.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Why don't you just shoo?
We heard your opinion, nobody cares.

I care and I think he makes more sense than you.

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You didn't even understand the op, did you?
So excuse me for saying, I see no facts.

I take it you're an ME believer? What facts do you see there?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The misquote has been around long before the movie. The original is even in this thread from 2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit:

I have heard it misquoted most of my life.
edit on 8/16/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
So people listened to the actual footage and thought they heard 'Houston, we have a problem' when it's 'Houston, we've had a problem'. Wow, why is it so unbelievable to some people that 'we have' and 'we've had' sound incredibly similar and that is not surprising in the least that people hear it wrong? Haven't you ever got lyrics wrong then find out they're completely different words? But then you hear it and can see how it sounds like both? And here we're talking about the same words, just different forms of it (we/we've and have/had). This is just like most "effects". Serling/Sterling, Depend/Depends, etc. I honestly think a person's want for believing in some mind-blowing fantasy thwarts them from thinking logically about this.

edit on 16-8-2016 by paperdoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The misquote has been around long before the movie. The original is even in this thread from 2012

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit:

I have heard it misquoted most of my life.

the point of the OP is people correcting the movie to houston we've had a problem. saying the MOVIE SAYS that. The issue is not people remembering the original radio transmission wrong.

the links are all "you thought the MOVIE said houston we have a problem, but you've been misquoting it, the movie says houston we've had a problem."

the movie clearly says "houston we have a problem"

so why are there so many articles correcting the movie quote to houston we've had a problem??

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The movie used the misquote. Not surprising. That what most people think it should be.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

you are missing the point.
the articles are correcting peoples memory of the MOVIE to "houston we've had a problem."

at least occamsrazor gets the premise lol.

his argument is all of those articles are wrong that people are un-correcting people from some "bad journalism" angle.

It seems to me quite unlikely to go out of your way to make an article about this and not even watch the clip of the movie that took me 2 seconds to find. occamsrazor will disagree...

The problem is if I am correct about ME I will have almost a 0% chance of proving it. So I've moved onto trying to think of any way to falsify it. Or to come up with predictions that are testable to ME being real or not. I havn't gotten there yet.

Meanwhile reading comprehension is crucial in threads like these where we must nit pick in the first place at small tiny things.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

This is actually interesting in another way however..

I was not here during apollo 13. I watched the movie and heard houston we have a problem.

So I can clearly see a huge opportunity for a FALSE MAndela Effect coming into peoples brains in my age group.

Now for me it wouldn't happen that I would think the original changed I remember this..

The reason that can't happen to me is I remember I saw it from a movie not from the original radio transmission but I know a lot of people are not as careful as I am with truth.

So this is strong evidence that many "mandela effects" can be caused by alternate sources and people combining memories into one thing. Of course we already knew that. What's funny however is that people think it's not them it's the other people. Say Mandela effects are real. those who remember before the change are the ones who would have the correct memory.

so back to figuring out a way to prove or disprove.
Maybe one of you will inspire me somehow.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What about the movie

Main bus B undervolt and the light reads the same

Real transmission

Main B bus undervolt
edit on 8/16/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

so first reality - footage & movie are "Houston, we have a problem"

second reality - footage and movie change to "Houston, we've had a problem"

*people write articles correcting people from "Houston, we have a problem" ('wrong') to "Houston, we've had a problem" ('right')

third reality - movie changes back to 1st reality "Houston, we have a problem" but footage remains "Houston, we've had a problem"

So, from "normal view", it is strange to see that there are articles correcting people who are not misquoting the movie by saying "Houston we have a problem" because that's what the movie says now.

And OP is attributing all of this to the Mandala Effect?

Is all of this the point?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

no I think the movie misquoted the original transmission. In fact my school was ranked 18th in the country at one point and I remember my teachers making a point the movie was wrong.

In any case why would someone say the movie is actually "houston we've had a problem"

and write articles about it.

And not one person..
Not one site..

based on the evidence I'm looking at one explanation would be the movie changed TO "houston we've had a problem" and then BACK TO "houston we have a problem"

Which then makes all these articles look stupid correcting people to the movie saying "houston "we've had a problem"

I like that you are actually thinking.

thank you

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Sometimes people hear what their mind thinks.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sometimes people hear what their mind thinks.

yes.

I remember in school especially preparing for end of grade tests I would often be in the minority of memory of reading comprehension. Multiple choice questions my teacher in 5th grade would have us raise our hands to which answer we picked.

Just because I remembered one thing along with one other kid in a class of 24 and almost everyone else picked one other answer.. The majority were wrong. The majority took the same shortcuts. I was right.

This is evident in this very thread.

I can tell when the OP was cut off "I know what he's saying." Whereas I read the entire thing and understood his point.

I'm not saying he's right.
I'm only saying that people should look in the mirror at their own "memory shortcuts" ESPECIALLY in the majority, because of social norms and other psychological factors.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

That's a long way of saying it.

The movie did say "we have" - before the ME. No one corrected anyone.

Then changed to "we've had" - after the ME, people noted the change at the time. It was a famous movie 'misquote'.

Then changed back to "we have" - double Mandelanation. This is where we are now, both realities are represented, you find facts for both terms used.

The misquoting misquote sites still exist.

Myself and many others are attributing this to the ME, yes.

Dolly's braces are another strong one for me..

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   

The internet will only make it worse. Erroneous statements repeated over and over. It gets into minds and memories.

Do any ME people have more than one incident?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join