It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandela Effect - Switch Back Proof - Houston, We Have A Problem

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkinsider

It's obvious to me he said "A" Based on the evidence I can see excepting the actual physical proof of the audio of course it looks like he really did say A..

This is exactly like "Interview with A Vampire."

All the physical evidence now says "THE," but the mental evidence trail leads right back to what everyone who was paying attention remembers.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Pearj

Well let's see here...you take a saying in a movie that was changed for dramatic effect and that is your new ME bs...amazing.

The truth is what was said was " Houston we've had a problem " and not only once but twice.

www.phrases.org.uk...

Here you go the transcript of the conversation...

apollo13.spacelog.org...:07:55:19/

It is just bad reporting by journalist who do get it wrong on occasion...or yet just as you have done...misquoted the saying.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

You do Not understand the thread.
Read carefully.

I know some of those with terrible memory also have the best reading comprehension in the world, but please don't tell me you are one of the ones who can't follow.

The Original Post is about people with better memory correcting people about what the movie........... What the movie says..

TO :

Houston "we've had a problem"
The articles all linked are correcting people who are "misquoting" the MOVIE.

it has ZERO to do with the actual words of the mission from NASA

"you thought the MOVIE said Houston we have a problem, BUT the movie really says... 'Houston we've had a problem'"

reading comprehension goes a LONG way.

edit on 19-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
In this youtube example

The wording the maker places on the screen describing the event (beginning) doesn't match the audio from the mission he adds.

Houston we have a problem here

And extra word also added to the written display at the point of the audio "believe" and also "okay" not "hey".

vs

Houston we've had a problem (twice)

Any wonder so much is mixed up. Reading versus listening. The people writing articles about quotes could actually be wrong. Posting on the internet does not do an automatic "correct to factual" operation, does it.

edit on 8/19/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
it has ZERO to do with the actual words of the mission from NASA

"you thought the MOVIE said Houston we have a problem, BUT the movie really says... 'Houston we've had a problem'"

reading comprehension goes a LONG way.

Other than the fact the people writing articles don't fact check and got what was being misquoted wrong ... I posted sources that got it right.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

why bring in a low quality information source to then say see people get things wrong.

That IS probably the most famous movie quote of all time, at least in America... And it's famous as "houston we have a problem" just as it is in the movie.. Everyone knows that's the quote, so why then make an article saying people heard the movie wrong? That the MOVIE says "houston We've had a problem." after years and years of people knowing it said "Houston we have a problem."

Anyway lets move on to some grownup stuff.

Take NASA for instance..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

NASA has linked audio in a paragraph of writing and the audio DOES NOT match the transcript.

This is not tabloid news. This is from the horses mouth. You can't get any more direct and any more obvious.

And like I stated I still have an active radio license and it's impossible NASA is right about the transcript, based on the audio... However... It seems they are correct based on memory..

Is this not sinking in some how?

They are going on memory, not the physical proof which says they are wrong.

Sound familiar?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

What? i am showing how this type of confusion can get started.

Those articles, they show some times people are wrong. As I said, information on the internet is not automatically factual.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
By the way, have you every seen information posted on this site that was not correct?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Armstrong said he said "a man" so that's what the transcript reads. Not too complicated.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I know you guys are lazy, but if you could do one thing..

Look up mirror mirror on the wall.

"
Spiegeltje, spiegeltje aan de wand
"

"Spieglein, Spieglein an der Wand
"

"Specchio specchio delle mie brame
"

"Oglindă, oglinjoară
"

"Spogulīt, spogulīt, saki man tā
"

"Зеркало, зеркало на стене
"

"
Zrcalce, zrcalce na steni povej
"

"A sgàthain, a sgàthain
"

"Miroir, miroir joli,
"

"Spegel, spegel på veggen der
"

"Tükröm tükröm mondd meg nékem
"

"Mirallet, mirallet, digues
"

In EVERY language I've come across besides english... The MOVIE STILL says mirror mirror...
I even talked to a Portuguese guy who told me how to say magic in his language and he told me the movie said mirror mirror in his language.

Only the english version is now different it seems. It's even odder the same company Disney released a picture book based on the movie in 1973 that says "mirror mirror."

I know this is not directly the topic at hand, but I did some leg work.
I can only do so much.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Armstrong said he said "a man" so that's what the transcript reads. Not too complicated.

based on what?
The audio has always said "man" not "a man."

your memory is faulty.
not too complicated.

PROVE I'm wrong.

..or do I really have to wait for you guys to get the joke?

Cognitive dissonance is becoming an art form.
(crappy modern art, but yea)

Because now we are going on someones memory with zero physical proof... Sounds familiar some how? I just can't quite place it..

In any case it really did used to be called "Interview with A vampire."

Interview with a vampire

Even ANNE RICE says it's interview with A vampire..

Can anyone guess who is Anne Rice?

I think she holds a similar relationship to interview with a vampire as Armstrong had with his words on the moon. Hmmmm?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I listened to an interview with Larry King and Rice is using the words "interview with the". It was the day the movie was being released.

edit:

Earlier in the video she makes a statement "interviewing a vampire" when she is talking about the mindset behind her writing.
edit on 8/19/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

My link shows her saying the title of the movie as "Interview with a vampire"
did you watch it?

I would like to watch your video as well.

Don't forget I am trying to argue both sides.
It just depends who I am forced to talk to how I must react.

by the way go to google and type:

Anne Rice interview with...

tell me what google says comes next.

?

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs

based on what?
The audio has always said "man" not "a man."

your memory is faulty.
not too complicated.

PROVE I'm wrong.

Based on ....

Listeners back on Earth heard, "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." But Armstrong , who died at the age of 82 on Saturday (Aug. 25), maintained afterwards that he actually said something slightly different: "That's one small step for a man..."

"It's just that people just didn't hear [the 'a']," Neil Armstrong told the press after the Apollo 11 mission.

That little indefinite article makes a big difference, semantically speaking. Without it, "man" abstractly represents all of humanity, just like "mankind." Thus, the quote is essentially, ''That's one small step for mankind, one giant leap for mankind."

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

The movie gets it wrong, it uses the pop culture misquote.
www.filmsite.org...

I thought I read somewhere that the film producers/writers changed it intentionally to emphasize the immediacy of the drama, and bring the audience in with the astronauts. I don't have a problem with this--they are making a film, not an archive.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am wondering if in your video posted (the effect one) the maker edited the line from one video I listened to by removing the "Ing" from "interviewing". I listened to several videos and Anne says "the". There is a wide span in time based on look of her age.

Letterman just used the wrong word as MC at the awards. And many people would remember that phrase.

I haven't ruled out the whole ME issue but I think most of it is misunderstandings.
edit on 8/19/2016 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkinsider

I just find it interesting. The man who said it, disputes the quotes attributed to him, and the only witness there with him, backs him up. Aldrin has agreed with what Armstrong has said many times.

In total, Armstrong said, after putting down his foot, "That's one small step for a man," (meaning himself, as he put his foot down), "one giant leap for mankind."

It is logical and makes sense exactly the way Armstrong said it. The transmission to Earth had noise during the "a" of "a man", but Aldrin heard him clearly say what he said.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You are completely missing the boat altogether my man.
Armstrong obviously doesn't remember the truth.
NASA video clearly shows man, not a man.
I had a radio license at 12 and still have it.
There is no noise blocking the "A" There is not even enough time to fit another word in.

Or are you just not getting it yet?
You are drowning me in Irony.
It's amusing if but a little off putting to be honest.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
But then if it really did change I suppose all the old videos would say "the" instead of "a". And in that case there would be none with her saying "a". Why would non ME people see Letterman saying "a" with all the 'the" material shown. That has to be him making a mistake.

posted on Aug, 19 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I posted a link where it shows grammatically the sentence only makes sense with an "a" in it. Armstrong admits you can't hear the "a" and never could. Really not sure what you are arguing at this point. Nothing changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join