It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This May be a Stupid Question..What if Money is the Blood of Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
What if money is the blood of Jesus? Money is like a living breathing thing. You have to want it in order to get it, you have to take care of it and nurture it once you have it, and you have to spend and invest it wisely so that it can grow healthy: see where I'm going? I don't know....it's weird how it works but read this:

The Last Supper …"For I tell you that I will not drink of the fruit of the vine from now on until the kingdom of God comes.” And He took the bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave to them, saying, “This is My body, given for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same way, after supper He took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood, which is poured out for you.…"

He spoke symbolically about how the cup is the covenant in his blood. Could the cup be a symbol be a symbol of the financial "house" which contains his blood only to export that blood as financial systems? Could that covenant be the current capitalist system in which we live? I know this sounds crazy but it's just an idea swirling around in my head. Just think about the possibility before dissing this idea...So, what says ATS?

You can read this passage from anywhere on the web. Those who know the Bible well may even know this passage. Here's the page where I got the passage from.:

biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
No.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

According to the Bible Jesus said "the love of money is the root of all evil" put down the Crack pipe.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

no

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I know what the meaning stands for, no, no, no, no... So much noooo...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sorry dude but nope.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

According to the Bible Jesus said "the love of money is the root of all evil" put down the Crack pipe.

I'm asking you to read between the lines and connect the dots.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

I'm asking you to read between the lines and connect the dots.

Between the lines it says no.

So no.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   

"There is no such thing as a 'stupid question'... but... (hahahaha-- Go with it... WGAS what people on the intraweb think? The majority of who You'll NEVER meet in 'real Life' (but if You do make a connection keep 'Bell's Theorem' in mind...)

Although this will make Me appear to be a Duraki widow but * it is written "it is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle than a wealthy man reach the Kingdom of God..." Well who wrote that? Which member of The Quorum wrote that and why? Was it to make it easier for that wealthy shopkeeper to give most of His possessions to The Church™?

What does this say about Warren Buffett? The Walton Cabal? Gandhi? I'm not listing Agent Zuckerberg because that $100B is TheCompany's $$$

What does it say about the Country of The Vatican™? How about those telePrea¢her$? The one turd asking for $60M and ending up getting it???

On My end, I turned My back on $$$ (I can't even type the word..) right after 'My Epiphany' a few years ago.. Not only am I healthier now at 53 than when I played pro baseball and when I went through the police academy, I have more $$$ than I'll ever be able to spend for 3 lifetimes.. So I don't want the "blood of Jesus" on My hands....

namaste

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I don't know if it's stupid, but it is surely the weirdest question I've heard this year.
edit on 16-8-2016 by Blazemore2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Then suicide IS a better idea.....
The theory is mistaken.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"The blood of Jesus" is shorthand for "the fact that Jesus died".

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You made a lot of sense actually.

The ones saying "no" are failing to qualify their rejection properly.

Money is a medium for trade, simplifying barter. It is used to obtain bread, it literally feeds us. We are what we eat, so via extension, we are money.

Money is the life blood of civilization, the very fabric of our lives in this society. When it flows, we are doing well, when it stops flowing, things aren't so great.

The terminology itself in our language associates these concepts.

You are making a basic interpretation. Whether Jesus "meant that", is up for debate.

Note Jesus didn't say money itself was evil, he used money too like everyone. It's the "love of it" that creates the evil acts.

People are outright kneejerk rejecting your proposition simply because your suggestion heavily conflicts with their ingrained belief system. From outside of the box I can see this clearly.

Time is $$$ and it's blood, sweat, and tears. It's bread and butter. This is what the offerings are about. When you help the poor you show them love. Etc etc.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

No. It's not a kneejerk reaction. He is taking a very small part of the bible and attributing a meaning to it without any understanding of it's context within the entire text. Read the bible, the answer is still No. It is a spiritual book and has nothing to do with economics, finance and capitalism. The "Blood of Christ" is about redemption, forgiveness and salvation, not your 401k.

edit on 16-8-2016 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I would say no. I'm not a Christian, but from what I remember of growing up in Catholic schools Jesus's message was that you need to help others, not accumulate material wealth.

Going off of my own beliefs which are closer to Buddhist in nature, there's nothing wrong with earning money to be comfortable in life, but beyond that it's your social duty to give back to society. At some point, the love of money becomes the reason to get more. Not to help others, but to satisfy your own cravings.

It's at that point where you've gone too far and Jesus's words about the rich being damned and not getting into heaven, or bad karma, or anything else starts coming into play.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Then jesus needs to start donating blood to the poor people in third world countrys. maybe chuck a few vials to the homeless people in the western worlds aswell.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is a new low in theology. Theo-illogical?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Jesus held up a coin and asked, " who's image is on this coin" the crowd replied ceasers, Jesus then said, " give to ceaser what is ceaser and to God what is Gods"
Money is made by men for men
Mankind was made by God for relationship

God created humanity for a relationship, a personal friendship, a father and a child.
The blood is a symbol of Gods love for His creation
Money is a human idol that poisons the relationship between God and His creation, people prefer money over that relationship

It's an interesting question, well worth asking and discussing, many people will hate it because it isn't about Hillary wearing a nappy or ttrump wrestling mr machmahon

I also love how so many people attack you saying your understanding is wrong without explaining why, I think they are more foolish than your question
They don't know why you are wrong but are happy to parrot what they believe but don't understand for themselves why, so it seems

edit on 16-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
As Raggedyman said.

(People prefer money over relationships).

Money doesn't grow on trees but gets moved around faster than the leaves can fall... Bottom line is Jesus doesn't care for ££$$ only that if you can help someone then do so.

Money does bring blood, just that blood is on everyone's hand's,, having a relationship with someone is worth more than cash cause cash is easier to find, than a real relationship that matters.

Material things can only last so long but a real relationship without cash/materialistic life style will last a lifetime, ok we all need things to live including money, it's not having millions that matters but who is real in your life when you have nothing left?.

edit on 16-8-2016 by DarkvsLight29 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: muzzleflash

He is taking a very small part of the bible and attributing a meaning to it without any understanding of it's context within the entire text. Read the bible

If I got a penny every time I heard someone say that, I'd be Scrooge McDuck.

You have no idea how disappointing it is to hear it. I translate it as "I'm a hypocrite in denial", because everyone is guilty of that - including you.

Show me someone who doesn't take it out of context for once...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join