It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hydrogen Hybrid Conversion For ANY Vehicle - I'm Saving 56% At The Gas Pump!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I just came across this video. Is this legit? Does it work?

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
I just came across this video. Is this legit? Does it work?

Nope, just another another HHO scam.
See also: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sure the tech "works", per se, but the issue is this: If you hooked one up, a giant one even, once you get the engine running and unhook the battery will it keep running? The answer is no. Er I used to explain it something like that (its late).

Now the excess juice your alternator produces would generate some extra octane, and there would be some kind of boost, but the trouble refilling and such being worth it? I had a couple friends get and hook those up about 10 years ago. They never really knocked it, but they dont still use them.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

no -thats all i have to say

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I can't watch the video but if it's what I think it is.. It does work. I knew a guy that was converting little rascal/daihatsu vans which were 1.3 litre petrol engines.. And by all accounts it did work.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Old scam is old.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I built on of the systems not to power my car but just to fill large weather balloon.

And it was a total fail in that it took a week to fill a 6 foot balloon.

by then i knew it could not help power a car.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

When we had our repair shop, we had a customer who had some kind of setup on his minivan with hydrogen. I can't remember how it worked, but he did it because he was a tinkerer/hobbyist, not because it was worthwhile. I don't recall whether it gave him an extra 4mpg or an extra 4% mpg.

Nothing extraordinary, but it was the one cool thing about his powder-blue Chrysler minivan.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've spent a fair bit of time researching the HHO generators.
They're neat.

I'd love to put one in a car someday, but I don't have the time/resources to properly test it.

The argument against it is it's using up electricity to break down water into H, H, and O- which is then burned to spin the engine which turns the alternator to generate the electricity. Since the engine design is pathetically inefficient (I want to say piston engines are in the 12% efficiency range, but would have to look it up) and the alternator isn't anywhere near 100% efficient, it can't possibly generate as much energy as it takes to run.
This is a basic principle in the whole perpetual motion argument.

However, there seems to be almost no real research on the effects of adding hydrogen and extra oxygen to the gasoline/ethanol combustion process.
Lots of people claiming these hho systems give them 4-12 percent boosts in cars, though. On the other hand, 10% is easy to get by driving differently- so it could be the placebo effect.

Either way, I'd love to try it myself someday

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   

So this is what Vince the shamwow guy is selling now.

posted on Aug, 17 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I've spent a fair bit of time researching the HHO generators.
They're neat.

I'd love to put one in a car someday, but I don't have the time/resources to properly test it.

The argument against it is it's using up electricity to break down water into H, H, and O- which is then burned to spin the engine which turns the alternator to generate the electricity. Since the engine design is pathetically inefficient (I want to say piston engines are in the 12% efficiency range, but would have to look it up) and the alternator isn't anywhere near 100% efficient, it can't possibly generate as much energy as it takes to run.
This is a basic principle in the whole perpetual motion argument.

However, there seems to be almost no real research on the effects of adding hydrogen and extra oxygen to the gasoline/ethanol combustion process.
Lots of people claiming these hho systems give them 4-12 percent boosts in cars, though. On the other hand, 10% is easy to get by driving differently- so it could be the placebo effect.

Either way, I'd love to try it myself someday

It is simple electrolysis which makes H2 and O2; molecular forms of the gases and not H H and O. In a home made electrolyzer, 50% efficiency is about as good as can be expected. The benefits of a small amount of hydrogen produced may not be worth the aggravation or the costs incurred should one damage the power train.

top topics

join