It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 10

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Jess, I'm so sorry.

It is so hard to suddenly see someone you've always known, for the first time, and to suddenly feel something new and precious...and then they're gone. It doesn't just leave an empty space. It leaves the sense of a vacuum. It leaves us feeling alone and abandoned at some unfamiliar level...and yet all too familiar. It leaves us feeling everything at once. And we find ourselves, at one moment picking and choosing our response, and then in the next, it chooses for us. In one moment we're overcome by grief and sorrow and anger...and the next, overcome by gratitude and joy and that mysterious experience that they are still there, somehow closer than before they left.

I think it is this experience of everything at once that makes it so overwhelming. We think we are prepared but we never are. We just slowly adapt.

Of course, you know all this already.

I guess we are trying to find some soft way of saying we know you are hurting and we wish it wasn't so. We love you. You bring so much joy and, wanting to give back, we find ourselves now with empty hands...or I do.

I hope you can find some healing rest.

Fishy

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Marty

I am so sorry for your loss.
Jack went out with a smile on his face as they say, you can't ask for more than that.

Big ginourmous E-hug from me, I am a phone call away .

Love Zazz.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish
Fishy for someone who picks so few words you pick such amazing ones!!! Thank you so much sweetie! I think your post sums things up perfectly!!! It is emotional in ways that we can’t even begin to understand and often find it hard to deal with the swirling of everything within us. Right now I am just trying to find the joys in his life. These moments are what is helping me through.

a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thank you so very much Zazz!!! You guys will never know how much this support means!!!!

I feel that the words I am typing in no way convey how much you guys have touched and lifted me through all of this!!!! I wish there was a way I could gather you all up in a huge hug!! Just know that every word and prayer sent means so much!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I'm sorry Jess..............

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Martin i'm so sorry to hear of your loved ones passing hon..

'Hugs'.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Oh Jess, I am so sorry to hear this. You will have your moments of grief and moments where you can smile over wonderful memories of him. My thoughts and heart are with you and the family during this difficult time. Much love to you my friend!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
To all my wonderful friends in here and fellow Sheddites...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
It's Peppycat's 1st ATS Anniversary. Even through Jessie's grief, she thought of Peppycat's Anniversary. She would have made a thread herself, but wasn't feeling up to it. You are amazing Jess!!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-8-2016 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hello everyone. Night I loved Your story piece!

You're Welcome!

Jess I feel for You. So Sorry to see that You have lost Your Dear Jack. Sending Good and Healing Vibes Your Way for You and All of Jack's Friends and the Rest of His, and Your), Family...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SyxPak

Hello my dragon friend! Thanks to you and Errollorre who liked my story entry! Hope all is well with you and CC!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I am following up on something I promised to. I just heard from JustMike and am doing a bit of cut and paste from the end of it (I had asked if I could pass a message on):

I'll write again when we get back to Prague (probably Wed or Thurs) and get you more up to speed with how things are going. But if you could drop them a line in the "Shed" thread I'd appreciate it. Just that we're okay, simply very busy "IRL".

Love from us,

Mike & Dada

Fishy

(and if this post gets deleted for another T&C violation because I was sharing a courtesy, I just might shoot myself!)

Edited to add: Can someone tell this old lady what IRL means? I still don't speak "Initial."
edit on 29-8-2016 by ClownFish because: added edit comment

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

MIke is staff, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't tell you to share his message if you couldn't. You're fine CF, and thanks for letting us know how he is.
Much appreciated!

IRL? In Real Life

edit on 29-8-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

*HUGS*!!

I'm not the best when it comes to death; having had one death in my family, that I experienced when I was 12. I phased out and I just didn't care, my own father, it didn't haunt me until the only thing I owned that had belonged to him, a crystal fruit bowl, shattered in the kitchen a few years ago.

I was inconsolable, to say the least. That one item that had belonged to him. Gone. He was gone. And that's when I realised I was still human, just a very very repressed human who had been suppressing things for far too long. For that one simple action of crystal smashing, awakened me from myself, and all the grief that I should have felt rushed in upon me and floored me.

It sounds as though Jack was very healthy-minded towards the idea of his death and that he would rather his family, you, to celebrate his life and not mourn his death speaks volumes. He lived, he married his love, he was surrounding by loving family and friends til the end. And of course you're going to mourn regardless of his wishes.

Remember his life and celebrate all the wonderful times you had together, but please do cry when you feel it rising too. A whole range of emotion awaits you, there's nought that can be done to stop it, even though he wished for you all to not grieve.

We will all be here with you, and for you, to help you through the harder days and smile with you through the better days. We are of the Shed! And we all love you.

*More hugs*

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

All is as well as can be, I guess. It is What It is...

@ Fishy: Thank You for passing along that message from Mike and Dada! If He does not see this post, Please maybe let Him know I am happy that He and Dada are doing well!? Thanx.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: kaelci

Hi Kaelci. That was a heart warming message for Jess... I am touched...

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear. I am not good at mourning death, rather simply hear of it and have no emotional response so I apologize, but it seems that he would not like that anyways, so yes let us rejoice in the time he WAS with us on this Earth and remember him.

I'm sorry. It's a lovely moment caught by photograph.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Fishie, thanks so much for the update Honey! I guess we all get nervous when folks don't check in often.

Kaelci, Hello there giggles!

Hello Zazzy Sweetie!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Thank you!

My husband Googled IRL and I had to laugh. That's something I either know too much about or not enough but discernment would be subjective either way.

Fishy

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well my day's great. I found out that the power is most likely going to be cut tomorrow. So, no cooking, no running water, no lights. Sucks.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sorry he passed away. I hope it was painless and peaceful. At least he got to see part of the new generation before he left.

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join