It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA to NOT Reschedule Marijuana

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GoShredAK

Yeah see I'm always a last minute kinda guy. If I'm going to prepare for it. I'll just go clean for 30 days. It's not like it's addictive. Not that I smoke or anything.
edit on 12-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Gee, what do you expect when the fox is guarding the henhouse? The DEA is just another worthless, completely corrupt gov't organization and needs to be abolished. I pray that Trump will bring his hatchet to office if he wins.

No one ever hears about what's going on in Portugal. Five or so years ago, they legalized ALL DRUGS. And guess what? Crime went way down, Addictions also went down, and all the supposed naysayers saying that it would be a disaster, were proven completely wrong.

So it's just a perfect example of why the DEA is a completely worthless organization. And the few honest members of that organization, when they discover humongous perps of drugs, figure out that it's the CIA who is doing the trafficking and told to back off, because, well, you know, 'national security'.

As JFK said, blow the cia into a thousand pieces, and do the same to the dea.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
"Follow the money"

In a system where Privately run for-profit prisons are allowed, and those large corporations are allowed to contribute huge sums of money to Congressmen and Senators, is there any doubt that the one "Drug" that has the put the most citizens into those for-profit prisons has remained Schedule I?

It has 100% about money.

Until big corporate money is removed from politics, all politicians are puppets.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
HERES a clue I use...a certain vegative for medication,I ran OUT last month and people from this forum contacted me because I was ...hostile.
My PTSD began to surface.
Now I am calmer more relaxed .I am self proof THEY ARE lying very badly.

I hate to have to break the obvious to you, but what you're describing lines up pretty well with how we think about addiction.

Don't have your DOC?? get angry! Can't handle the reality you've chosen not to process because you've been all drugged up?! and are way backed up and stuff?? Flip out!

You should have done yourself a favor and broke the cycle, gone through the pain, and processed it with a professional or someone you trust and cares for you.
edit on 12-8-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Really? If this is true I'll finally have a definitive reason to vote for her. I mean I still won't really like her too much, but any candidate with a good chance of being President that is for marijuana legalization/decriminalization has MY vote.

In all honesty, I'll believe it when I see it get signed. But that's what her Senior Policy Advisor, Maya Harris, is being quoted as saying. Here's another article about it (there are a lot of articles about it, but I still can't find the actual press release/statement).

One of Hillary Clinton's top advisers said Clinton would make the crucial change to marijuana the DEA just passed on

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:06 AM
link   
FTF.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Really? If this is true I'll finally have a definitive reason to vote for her. I mean I still won't really like her too much, but any candidate with a good chance of being President that is for marijuana legalization/decriminalization has MY vote.

In all honesty, I'll believe it when I see it get signed. But that's what her Senior Policy Advisor, Maya Harris, is being quoted as saying. Here's another article about it (there are a lot of articles about it, but I still can't find the actual press release/statement).

One of Hillary Clinton's top advisers said Clinton would make the crucial change to marijuana the DEA just passed on

I swear to god I hate Hillary Clinton. If she swears to reschedule pot I will vote for her in a second.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It should be decriminalized all together and people convicted of pot crimes let out of jail and off of all paper.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The drug companies are just finishing up their clinical trials by now so of course the gov wouldn't legalize a drug they are about to reinvent and market.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

The Machiavellian part of me thinks Pres Obama didn't reschedule it specifically so Hillary could "champion" mary jane legalization.

Of course, I won't believe it until I see it. After all, the public has a short attention span, especially when disasters happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Slave2theTruth

While I don't agree with this determination, if I had to I could find a silver lining for myself....

I find potheads over the age of, say, 25 to be completely obnoxious. So, too bad stoners.

Yes, but drinkers of all ages are pretty obnoxious as well. I don't particularly like potheads myself but they don't really exactly own the patent on that particular behavioral trait. Lots of entirely obnoxious people in every nook and cranny you can name.

Not too sure it's a great idea to celebrate the persecution of an entire group of people simply because some of them are complete A-holes. At the end of the day, less freedom is less freedom. And that simple fact carries with it all sorts of unpleasant side effects for everyone else.

It also occurs to me that potheads are often kind of dragged into a line of reasoning that ultimately works against their best interests. In their desperation to find "valid" pro pot arguments, they end up crapping on other people. Like people who enjoy alcohol or smoking cigars or whatever. At that point, all they have really accomplished is to say they will not oppose a law that makes sense. Or (in other words) if the harm done by something (like booze) is demonstrable, there is no right to choose to be wrong and indulge in self-destructive behavior even though you know exactly what you're doing.

So therefore, as soon as someone finds something about pot that's just as bad as the negatives of alcohol, these people have defeated their own cause.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Naturally. I agree. Believe it when I see it, but at least she's talking about it now.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Yeah this only makes sense if you completely ignore the situation the cavtrooper is explaining to you. Clearly the result here is that the pot helps with his PTSD. When he doesn't have it, the PTSD resurfaces. He doesn't get angry due to withdrawal. He gets angry because the medicine he is using to help him cope with a mental illness is no longer helping him cope with the mental illness. Thus it resurfaces.

Also lol at getting help for ptsd and just going it cold turkey. You clearly don't understand how PTSD works.
edit on 13-8-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Yeah see I'm always a last minute kinda guy. If I'm going to prepare for it. I'll just go clean for 30 days. It's not like it's addictive. Not that I smoke or anything.

No better way than abstaining for awhile.

I agree MJ is nowhere near addictive. Only mentally for those already prone to addiction. Still it is not a true addiction since there is no physical dependency. No permanent down or up regulation of neurotransmitters. No physical withdrawal associated whatsoever.

For those reasons I view cannabis as more of a super food or supplement than a drug.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Exactly. To anyone who has a mental dependency, just keep them away from it for a week or so and eventually the dependency will subside. It's not like cigarettes where you start get cravings or alcohol and heroin where you can actually get sick (and with alcohol even die). The longer you stay away from it, the easier it becomes to not do it again.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Naturally. I agree. Believe it when I see it, but at least she's talking about it now.

I was looking back over the campaign and it turns out that Hillary's been saying she'll reclassify it since at least November. It was probably overshadowed because Bernie was saying he wanted to take it off of the FDA list altogether. Here's an excerpt from a November 8th article on the Guardian's website:

Hillary Clinton staked out a new position, saying the drug should be reclassified by the government from a Schedule 1 substance to a Schedule 2, a designation that would allow for federally sponsored research into its effects.

She has not endorsed federal legalization for either medical or recreational use, saying she wants to see the outcome of statewide efforts in Colorado and Washington before crafting a national policy.

“What I do want is for us to support research into medical marijuana because a lot more states have passed medical marijuana than have legalized marijuana,” she said in Orangeburg, “so we have got two different experiences or even experiments going on right now.”

The Vermont senator Bernie Sanders said Clinton’s proposal ignored the major issue and that he would give states the ability to legalize the drug by removing it from the Food and Drug Administration’s list of controlled substances.

Hillary Clinton calls for marijuana reclassifying as less dangerous drug

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Um I personally don't have a problem with the DEA statement and I think it should be 100% legal and not even regulated in any way shape or form walking through the woods on a hike: Look honey there's some cannabis, and not some freak guarding it making the hike dangerous that includes the illegal and legal ones. It's just a plant.

So here's why I don't have an issue with the scheduling swap to lesser... it would allow big-pharma to pander and corrupt further and actually put more legislative brakes on the movement towards legalization.

The government has already stated: Up to states... meaning hey stop sitting around waiting for someone to do the legislative work required in your state to legalize it. Some states do not have initiative processes and in those states there are petitions of course if the state government does not consider or keeps trying to stone wall petitions or initiatives oust them don't vote for them and if a political PAC is trying to control the state politics boot them out by registering independent or unaffiliated then what PAC will know who to pander too? They will be forced to listen to the will of the people and ACT on it as in pass laws people actually want and need.

So re-schedule? How about de-shedule... otherwise the money corrupt pander in it's death throes of being conglomerates looking to buy votes and voices of those votes will still lobby their ever loving heart out until they find a corrupt politician or individual with influence, money or power to be the poster child for feet dragging where the more things change the more they stay the same.

So hey it's a political game and the people need to be the bird that squawks the loudest in order to be fed. Corporations with money to feed the worms? Stealing the voices by party lines of divide and conquer? That's sports teams and a rigging of the teams based on statistics.

Independent or unaffiliated and well that means the attention has to turn to the will of the people because that's where every single dime of their budgets come from.
edit on 13-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp. clarity

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yeah...well, who really gives a # when you really think about it. The government is beyond corrupt and my behavior is of no concern when considering the govt. position on anything. I learned long ago I know the difference between right and wrong, therefore, I need no govt. decisions to interfere in my decision making. I, at this moment, does not smoke pot. However, If the day comes where I wish to do so the govt., and it's policies, will not be considered. I state this for the reason I am freeman despite all actions to prove otherwise. If I was marked as a criminal and dealt with a prosecution, all decisions by govt. members will be regarded as criminal actions and if I'm imprisoned then I will consider I'm a political prisoner.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well I'll tell you what, PTSD is basically nonsense, in that it's the same damning label that most of psychiatry gives you. You gotta be stronger than that crap. I had countless people tell me I was going through PTSD over the death of my little brother, and many of them told me I'd never recover. Yea, screw that.

As soon as I faced the reality of my situation head on, without any chemicals to numb out the pain... that's when I started healing.

So don't tell me I don't know or understand this stuff. I do.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Movin Colorado soon, going to be a dental floss tycoon.....

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join