It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation v Evolution argument can end

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Darwinian evolution doesn't work that way; but whatever form of evolution is causing these mutant superpowers, its really cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Here's one...

Us humans are evolving out of our wisdom teeth. In fact, we're evolving a whole lot, but I don't feel like arguing about the specifics with someone who will probably ignore every bit of evidence just for the excitement of an argument.

here
and here
aaand here

This small step in evolution, if humans are to last a couple thousand more years, will surely become linked to a whole lot of changes. We see it now, from the bones found dating back how many thousands of years. We compare them to a skeleton now and wow that's quite a different set up they had there.

Probably started with standing up straight or somethin'. But who knows.

How about, just to humor anyone who believes God created us as we are (or however that one goes) - he created us one way and that way wasn't working anymore, so we started changing and he hasn't killed us all yet because that's okay??

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: oblivvious

How about, just to humor anyone who believes God created us as we are (or however that one goes) - he created us one way and that way wasn't working anymore, so we started changing and he hasn't killed us all yet because that's okay??

I like it!!! It allows for one of those forgiving, loving god things, and god knows we could use one of those at the moment. You get my vote, be president please.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious

Us humans are evolving out of our wisdom teeth.

No. This isn't an example of evolution. This is an example of variation.

Now I remember why I stay out of these threads.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: oblivvious
Here's one...

Us humans are evolving out of our wisdom teeth. In fact, we're evolving a whole lot, but I don't feel like arguing about the specifics with someone who will probably ignore every bit of evidence just for the excitement of an argument.

Evolving less teeth, de-evolving less teeth
I kinda think eating burgers and donuts isnt evolution, its de evolution, de evolving.
I guess it comes down to belief.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda

Sorry, we dont have gills, nothing even simmilar, they are...
Go learn to research information.
They are not gills, never where, never will be
its silly

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

its silly

You're probably the most ignorant person I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I didn't know that ~ I was just leaving my own feelings about it lol

Sorry if that irked you

How about ignore my mistake of evolution - variation - whoseywhats.

My point remains the same - no matter what, humans (and animals, of course) have EVOLVED over thousands of years. We were one way then, we are a different way now. Simple !

The proof's in the puddin

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Can you clarify what type of evolution you're wanting to discuss? When people hear evolution they usually think of Darwinism, but you seem to be talking about something else.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I truly haven't been big on evolution or God creating us as we are too much, so I didn't realize that variation-evolution mistake I made ~ I figured a change = step in evolution.

I'm wondering if OP means something like a "super power" for lack of better wording?? Like breathing underwater, wings, x-men
, etc. @Raggedyman ??

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I have no conflict in my belief in God and evolution (or any natural law for that matter). Maybe you have a book problem? As in the book you worship is simply wrong?

Evolution in its simplest terms is genetic variation in a population over time. The animal kingdom is filled with marvelous genetic adaptations to prosper in their environment. It is a sounds theory that has been rehashed to death.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I kinda think eating burgers and donuts isnt evolution, its de evolution, de evolving.

There is no such thing as de-evolution. It just shows a misunderstanding of the subject and strangely enough also an acceptance of misunderstood evolution.

It does come down to belief, I'm happy to accept that. However all beliefs are not equal.

I am curious why you cannot just call creationism in the bible figurative like everything else that has been proven wrong?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

Agreed. And well-stated.

To think that evolution has a direction is a gross misunderstanding of it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda

its silly

You're probably the most ignorant person I've ever had the displeasure of conversing with. Cheers.

Well I think that about you, show me the gills we are supposed to have before birth, embryonic gills, goodness me
Please can some atheist evolutionist send this guy a pm, help him out, this is cruelty, to star that nonsense

I asked for evidence not hearsay or 1800 science fiction

Embryos have gills at birth... evidence please, and I get called ignorant

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

There is no such thing as de-evolution. It just shows a misunderstanding of the subject and strangely enough also an acceptance of misunderstood evolution.

It does come down to belief, I'm happy to accept that. However all beliefs are not equal.

I am curious why you cannot just call creationism in the bible figurative like everything else that has been proven wrong?

So why is it called evolving, why cant I say de evolving
Evolution from evolve, to give rise, de evolve, to descend.

Its common english

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

So why is it called evolving, why cant I say de evolving
Evolution from evolve, to give rise, de evolve, to descend.

Its common english

For the same reason you cannot fall upwards.

Evolution is the word for the constant changing of nature.
Whether you add things or lose things it is still evolution.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Evolution is as much a religion as it is a science and I know that will rile up many here but it is a simple truth,

Although I may assume certain tenets of evolution in my religion, it is false to conclude that evolution is my religion. It would be like me claiming that your religion is a herd of swine running into a lake.

I'm just messin' with ya, plus I'm just acting a bit silly. Just got out of a debate regarding human caused climate change denial.
edit on 9-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah its cool and all but its just a fish wriggling isnt it
Not exactly empirical

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Cavefish. ADAPTED to live in caves or cave like environments.

LINK

They have little to no eyesight.
Some have no scales.
Some have no swim bladder.

They all have the same counterparts out of caves (tetras being a good example).

So no sight but other senses are heightened, like a blind person, lighter skin
Its an adaptation, white skin, yellow skin, darker skin, people do that as well

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join