It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iris scans on PHONES is so 1984!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
George Orwell's societal conditioning is complete, the totalitarian state is jumping for joy!

The U.S. military has been using iris scan technology for more than a decade in the Middle East, and now the new Galaxy phones and iPhone's have this capability.

Mass tracking of individuals is getting an upgrade.

The public is so Orwellian condition over with their phones that law enforcement will probably start collecting mass biometric information without a persons knowledge.

Everyone will be on a FEMA computer.....

Condition the public for law enforcement use!
Hey it's on your phone, then it's ok for police to use... Right?

This technology will allow law enforcement iris scans at hundreds of feet away....

for example; a driver glances into the rear-view mirror...... bingo, they have your iris scanned! A great way to collect information about someone’s phone and physical body without legal authorization. Forget scanning your license plate at traffic stops, that's old school.... walk into Walmart.... bingo, iris scanners will be everywhere!

The public is so conditionally brain washed for this technology, it's stupidly ridiculous! It will rot all your privacy away.....

Welcome to the Next Generation Identification system.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and that's my New World Order rant for today.... ''

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Great thread, we are living in scary times. Even the iPhone finger print security scares me and I won't use it. Apple must collect your finger print Id too!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Lots of people embracing the technology, without actually thinking about the ramifications. Not surprising imo, many are sleepwalking into their servitude and seem to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yea because the government charges you $850 to keep track of you

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Scary, thanks for the heads up.
On that second vid, It makes me laugh how when fingerprint recognition came to phones it was the ultimate security and now they are saying yeah that can be replicated give us your eyes, what's gonna replace that in a few years? Because you can be sure they got something even more 'secure' lined up when this fad dies down.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
There is no avoiding it. I do not embrace it but there is nothing any of us can do.

Ever been to a city? Notice the cameras at every intersection? They are not pointed at the corners of the block. They are aimed directly at the drivers behind the windshields going both ways. They can and do get your plate and your face just like that.

And they are. They collect this info and feed it into huge databases. Basically, they know your entire schedule and what routes you take. They track this stuff and notice irregular discrepancies with your travel, etc etc.

Right now this stuff is all only being catalouged IMO. But in the future, it will be used to track anyone anywhere. Crime will only fly if the bribes have been paid or if you go all 'Watch Dogs.'

I dont use any form of lock screen on my phone. Why should anyone? I dont get it. Just dont lose your device. If somebody steals or finds your phone with bad intent it takes a 60 second google search and a cpu to disable the security on any device out there. Factory reset takes a 30 second search.

Unless your the FBI and have to pay hackers to do it ala San Bernardino hah. What a joke.

That being said, they already have every form of ID on me and damn near everyone else save for DNA maybe but that is unnecesarry with stuff like the OP describes.

Just keep your activity legal.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The public thinks of it as a novelty, or they MUST because surely it's not "protecting" their data.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
let Jesus save us, and supply us with amunnition.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

This information isn't that hard to get from most people.

What they're using the information for is a problem, I agree with that. However, if you're on social media, use chat clients, and don't browse anonymously then some would say you have no right to complain. People are already harvesting far more than your iris.

I'd like to think the human race won't keep going in this direction, but look at the last 25 years. Millions of articles on how to spot narcissists and psychopaths. Pages and pages of how to avoid people with border line personality disorder, and top ten lists of when to cut off ties from your family. We're exchanging data at incredible speeds on what products to buy, who to talk to, who to avoid, and collectively what we think the 'correct' personality is. Most weeks on ATS we have at least a few threads on people's personalities and what is and isn't acceptable, but we rarely discuss positive ways to adjust to modern life.

I still have some hope within the information gathering spectrum. Sometimes we have nice social movements, or we band together for small acts of charity but... Hollywood and corporations use this data to co-opt everything from feminism to children's charities. They take that information and flat out sell it back to you. We're basically programming our politicians at this stage with metrics on demographics, polls, and online discussions. I once thought this would bring more honest discussion but the honesty is hidden in one line jokes on twitter and facebook. No one really discusses the impact of social media in depth with their friends. We're not really that much more honest about sex or emotions. Psychologists have replaced any form of personal counselling between people be they strangers or friends. Depressed colleague at work? Tell them to see a professional. Down about medical issues? Got an insurance plan for that. See a homeless person? Don't worry, corporations have got you, 25c from this media disk go to... well homeless people. No one actually knows who. Have a political belief? Well no, I can't fix a wage gap or even tell you if there is one and global warming... can't do that one either, but I have this recyclable foam cup with 'women rock' written on the side. AWESOME!

We defend it by saying 'give the people what they want' aka good capitalist business sense, but is that really what we're doing? I'm venting, probably had a bad day but... you can have my freaking iris. Finger prints too. Will put them in the mail. You can follow me home. Film me every minute I'm outside. Whatever.

In return, turn off the social media analysis train. Get out of the conversations with my friends. Stop trying to sell my values and interests back to me. You're not any good at it anyway. I keep getting youtube adverts about Tai Lopez and some perfume. I don't want the perfume or Tai Lopez. Nor do I want to sign up to your stupid bank based on the idea that a 'bank' supports feminism. Nor do I want to show up to work facing posters telling me my company is making the world better. Banks don't have political beliefs. My company doesn't have values any more than it has arms and legs.

Your phone scans wireless networks for Google and Apple. Many of their databases have more information than the cops. Your computer sends data about how it gets used. It probably has malware. There is probably someone reading your stuff right now.

People worry about face recognition and having their movements tracked, but that's just where you are. Not who you are and who you should be. I understand why people complain about biometrics but it's what is connected to the biometrics that ruins things.

So yep, you can have my iris. Give us back our data, kill targeted advertising, stop trying to guess what is in our heads, and above all can we let companies be companies again? You know, places you go to work at and if one of the people there happens to be a Mormon Atheist Racist Jewish Unicorn with a nervous voice and a twitching eyeball we just go... oh, we all flaws. It's nice of Walmart to put up with that person's crap, but they do the job okay. I mean what an asshole, but oh well.. yes, please put my crap in a bag and no, don't attach my fandom of Ritz freaking crackers to my biometric identity profile.

If I see one advert with Tai Lopez trying to sell me a Ritz cracker I'm coming back here with a gun.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You guys do realize that the Note 7 firmware has been available for weeks, and that numerous developers (such as myself) have already thoroughly gone through it (and ported the software to other devices), right? There's no way for any stored iris authentication information to be transmitted. Period. Learn about the technology, how it works, and how it's implemented, rather than spreading baseless fears.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I was in the USAF. They already have it all. IDC.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
You guys do realize that the Note 7 firmware has been available for weeks, and that numerous developers (such as myself) have already thoroughly gone through it (and ported the software to other devices), right?

so your saying it's platform independent thanks to you.... that's like saying your helping Big Brother to infect our phones with spyware. --Snowden Fail--

You really don't understand.... you're blindly encouraging technology to be used against us. To think it's safe is laughable, nothing in the information world is safe....
edit on 4-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I don't have a problem with it, 3 ID cards, 1 PIN code just to get to my desk at work. Once there, RSA Code and eye scan to unlock workstation. All pretty normal for good security. Bio-metric is about as good as it gets, nearly theft proof. That is the point in better security.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Best post I've read on here in a while...thanks!

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
If you're a good boy or girl and have nothing to hide,what is there to worry about? When I get my Note 7 I'll make sure my iris scan data gets stored on what ever secret database 'they' (who ever 'they' are) uses to store such information just so they can keep an eye on me at all times (what I did there,did you see it?).
What I don't understand though is why this is worse than having a contract phone which will of course be trackable 24/7? I like the way that Google Now knows where work and home is without me even telling it and then has the manners to tell me what the weather is like at the other end of my journey,what the traffic is like and how long my journey should take.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

You guys do realize that the Note 7 firmware has been available for weeks, and that numerous developers (such as myself) have already thoroughly gone through it (and ported the software to other devices), right?

so your saying it's platform independent thanks to you.... that's like saying your helping Big Brother to infect our phones with spyware. --Snowden Fail--

You really don't understand.... you're blindly encouraging technology to be used against us. To think it's safe is laughable, nothing in the information world is safe....

If you're so paranoid about it,surely the simple answer is to not have a mobile phone? As our friend above says,Android is open source,so unlike Apple and Windows nothing is hidden from us meaning that independent developers can see in the minutest detail exactly how the operating system works and exactly what is done with the data on the device.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

DARPA has already got a really sweet data fusion project that can look at you from several angles using cheap cameras and get an iris print from you, moving, at a distance. They set it up on a street in NYC and lifted iris prints all day with 20 VGA resolution toy video cameras. It's amazing what you can do with sensor fusion and lots of DSP power.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

If you're so paranoid about it,surely the simple answer is to not have a mobile phone? As our friend above says,Android is open source,so unlike Apple and Windows nothing is hidden from us meaning that independent developers can see in the minutest detail exactly how the operating system works and exactly what is done with the data on the device.

Yeah sure Android is open source, I bet you can't open Room 641A inside of AT&T! Being open source makes it much easier as a intelligence gathering tool. Pokemon is keeping those rooms busy.... next will be these iris scans.

If you buy a mobile OS from AT&T, that itself opens the door to spying, remember Obama saying, "Don’t worry. We won’t hold your information. Companies like AT&T will." That's kind of funny, because it changes nothing.... they still have those rooms!

Just think, nobody in the public asked for iris scan security, this ideal was probably spawned by the government and the military.

Your phone version is a multimedia subsystem of Big Brother's OS, therefore open source is a subsystem of something bigger that you can't see.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Bedlam your scaring me, another reason to not visit New York!

Yeah I'm thinking high resolution scans can hack these iris protected phones....

It's just another spy toy in their bag of tricks.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

originally posted by: imitator

To be fair, the Note 7's iris scanner and all related software & firmware are proprietary to Samsung and not part of native Android, so they're not open source. That being said, it's not difficult for a knowledgeable person to read the compiled code and/or revert it back to pseudo-source.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join