It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

iris scans on PHONES is so 1984!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: imitator

As I said above,why worry if you have nothing to hide?

I have nothing to hide and lead a normal everyday life.I get up in the morning,go to work,come home in the evening,do stuff,go to sleep and repeat the next day.

'They' have no information about me of any consequence.Big Brother is watching me.So what,let him watch as he won't see anything I'd be ashamed of.If you don't want 'them' watching you,don't use a mobile phone,don't use the internet or debit/credit cards and live off the grid in the middle of a forest.Accept that this is the way the world is now and nothing you or other paranoia sufferers say or do will change this.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

I'm not paranoid, I'm not going to sit quietly and watch this surveillance dystopian run amock in our lives.

I don't think you lead a normal life, you are doomed to relive the same day over and over again in a very controlled manner. You are completely isolated from God-given natural rights as a human. Your legal rights prevent anyone living off the grid, and your way of thinking is a cancer to this world.

Just step in front of Big Brother, they can get all the information they need to move you out of the way. You think you have nothing to hide.... I would bet they can find something or create something mischievous. You probably do have something to hide, you just don’t know it yet.

I can change the world, anyone can change the world.... your just not aware of that.

edit on 5-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: imitator

I don't think you lead a normal life, you are doomed to relive the same day over and over again in a very controlled manner. You are completely isolated from God-given natural rights as a human.

When I'm working yes I have to do the same routine going to and from work,but once there no two days are the same.I work where I do because I want to,I have enough qualifications to be able to choose who I work for.If being 'isolated from God-given natural rights as a human' means I can go white water rafting on the Yellowstone river,I think I'll have to say I'm happy with my isolation.Becky and Sue in the raft with me were also happy with their isolation,and the guide/instructor who's name I forget also felt this way.

My life is judged to be normal by those who work around me,you don't know me so can not possibly tell what sort of life I lead based on a few words written on the internet.I don't give or allow to be used any sort of sensitive information about me to any sort of electronic means such as smartphones,PCs or tablets.I know exactly what my phone is or isn't capable of doing,this gives me the freedom to not have to worry that some mythological higher force called 'they' can get information from it they can use against me.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

You probably used your phone to get to Yellowstone... Right?

Well no, I don't know you.... I wasn't trying to be harsh about who you are, it's your faith in technology that is disturbing.

If you want to treat yourself like a terrorist and call it freedom..... Then enjoy your iris scans!

They will enjoy it too!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

You probably used your phone to get to Yellowstone... Right?

Well no, I don't know you.... I wasn't trying to be harsh about who you are, it's your faith in technology that is disturbing.

If you want to treat yourself like a terrorist and call it freedom..... Then enjoy your iris scans!

They will enjoy it too!

How would I use my phone to travel 5000 miles across the Atlantic and continent of North America? I booked the flights by walking into a travel agents shop.I booked the hire car by using a landline phone and I booked the accommodation over the internet using my PC.
There is nothing wrong with my faith in technology,I control it instead of it controlling me.Right after I've finished typing this I'm off out on my mountain bike for a nice ride in the sunshine and I'll be leaving my phone at home.

Your comment about treating myself like a terrorist has me baffled no matter how I look at it? I wouldn't use iris scans anyway as I wear glasses,the fingerprint scanner will work well enough for me.
edit on 6-8-2016 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

There is nothing baffling about what I'm saying.... you have nothing to hide right, your the one bending over for Big Brother.

Your defending this mischievous technology, go ahead finger scan or whatever.... next you will be licking your phone for DNA security lol.

I would rag about how controlled your trip was, but I don't think your getting the picture.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I forgot to mention earlier that I REALLY resent being called a terrorist,if you have no evidence against me then isn't this considered to be libellous?

The technology is there for any one to use if they want/need to.In this case iris scanning is just another cool way to prevent unauthorised use of your mobile phone,the same as a fingerprint scanner or even just manually entering an unlock code via the touch screen.

I'm not 'getting the picture' as it's obvious you're looking at completely different one to me.I see my picture in perfect 4K ultra HD all the tíme.

Yes my trip was controlled,you think I don't know this nor use it to my advantage? Me and all the other passengers were very lucky to have a very skilled Captain controlling that 400 tonne aeroplane flying at 500 MPH.Oh and it made me feel a lot safer knowing that every inch of our flights were being watched over by air traffic controllers and a sophisticated computer network.The hire car rental agreement is a kind of control,but not one that in any way causes any sort of lack of freedom for any end user such as me.The same for Airbnb I used for the accomodation on the trip,acceptable controls put in place to for the comfort of both parties.

I'll use that previous metaphor again.I'm watching the world in beautiful crystal clear 4K HD,while you're watching it in good ol' 240P,so it's not surprising you can't make out what's really happening in the world.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The U.S. government / The New Republic as H. G. Wells puts it.... probably has you blacklisted as a terrorist!

After all your on a conspiracy site.

Your little tour of the U.S. is shared watchlist data, that goes to local law enforcement, foreign governments, and private entities. They probably let you in for data information, as they do that with all foriegners, actually with everyone..... "they" might already have HD pics of you and your private parts at the terrorist screening center, most likely having a laugh.

It's just not being on a conspiracy site, they treat everyone as terrorist! Didn't the TSA bend you over and check your butt cheeks? ..... Meanwhile the Queen of England doesn't need a passport!

Go ahead.... keep looking at your 4k HD screen, soak in your virtual world!
I prefer looking at the real world using my own eyes / 20/20 vision..... and all that without iris scans etc....

edit on 6-8-2016 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   

The U.S. government / The New Republic as H. G. Wells puts it.... probably has you blacklisted as a terrorist!

Absolute rubbish.Like I said before you don't know me from Adam,how can you possibly know anything about me apart from where I go on holiday? Last year I visited the museum at Travis AFB which is on the base and very close to the flightline,I had to pass a very strict security check before they'd even think about letting me in.I need to apply for an ESTA (an electronic visa) before I will even get past passport control in America,I get this every time and wouldn't get it or onto an active air force base if the government had any bad information about me.They don't have this as I've never done anything in my whole life that would label me as what you call a terrorist or any sort of criminal.

You and people like you need to remove your heads from your collective butts and accept the world for what it is.It's far from being perfect,but I'm happy with my life and make the best of it with what I've got knowing that complaining about it and the people in it won't change a single thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I know who you are.... walking around like a zombie, cell phones stuck to your face.

Repetition is at the core of your being, with your globalised lifestyle and mechanised job you feel less involved... so you go out for a walk in the woods to feel human again. Yep that is you!

You are like a cog and nothing more, and if that cog doesnt fit.... it is replaced. That is your world.

and so what.... you got on a AFB..... that's nothing! We have a female terrorist running for president!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I refuse to buy any tech with fingerprint and iris scanning on principle. Hopefully the sales will be low.
Honestly I don't know what Samsung are doing. The galaxy note 4 is a perfect phone.
Now with the note 7:
Iris scanning - no thanks
built in battery - worthless phone in 4 years, no thanks,
no build in microSD - I like to shift data - no thanks.

The note 4 is probably my last samsung phone.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You really are starting to annoy me.Like I said before,you don't know me and have got me wrong on everything you've said about me.I have no idea who you are,but I reckon you pick your nose and fart loudly in public? Having never met you am I getting close by making random stuff up about you?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Thanks bro for keping my thread alive, maybe next time you can stay on topic!!!

Recommended videos for you!

Haters Gonna Hate
www.youtube.com...

You are what you consume.... : O
www.youtube.com...

Defeat the cell phone dystopia! : D
www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-8-2016 by imitator because: for Imagewerx

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Great thread, we are living in scary times. Even the iPhone finger print security scares me and I won't use it. Apple must collect your finger print Id too!

If you're using anything with a touchscreen, how can you possibly know those things haven't already collected everyone's fingerprints? I don't know technical stuff but it doesn't seem like a big leap to me between a screen that reacts to touch and a screen that can tell the difference between one finger and another.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx

How do you know you have nothing to hide? The law changes every day it seems. How do you know every future law will be just and fair and reasonable and necessary? How do you know they will not make a completely stupid law about something you never expected and you do it every day without thinking about it?

For example, before WW2, the Jewish people in Europe didn't really have all that much to worry about. Why should they care if the government knows they're Jewish?

Sometimes people really don't think. I don't get it.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
a reply to: Pinke

Best post I've read on here in a while...thanks!

Thanks >.<

originally posted by: Imagewerx

People make decisions on who to hire based on these things. Generations of people are now being judged on things they did when they were teenagers. Several countries require you to reveal if you've had mental health treatment within the last ten years prior to giving you a visa. There aren't any caveats, and they get very upset if you don't disclose something.

I'm not saying we can turn back the clock. We've always been going this way. The problem isn't that you have something to hide, it's what people do with the information they collect. You don't need something to hide to find out next week that someone from a website you were visiting went on a mass shooting spree, or that your name has become associated with a certain website and people hold opinions about that. Specifically you do need to hide some things if you want to go for certain jobs. One line jokes on twitter for example.

Not sure it's everyone being a terrorist we have to be concerned with. It's more everyone being the same.

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
If you're using anything with a touchscreen, how can you possibly know those things haven't already collected everyone's fingerprints?

The tech we use for that can't do it.

Further to that we have all kinds of technology around reverse engineering programming and network traffic that if a device was doing it, someone would be at Defcon or elsewhere running a powerpoint presentation on it right now. Maybe some tech company will try it on at some point but it will kill their sales.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pinke

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
If you're using anything with a touchscreen, how can you possibly know those things haven't already collected everyone's fingerprints?

The tech we use for that can't do it.

Further to that we have all kinds of technology around reverse engineering programming and network traffic that if a device was doing it, someone would be at Defcon or elsewhere running a powerpoint presentation on it right now. Maybe some tech company will try it on at some point but it will kill their sales.

Yeah? So how come the FBI claims they can't crack an iPhone?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Don't worry about it.. the apologisers will move their goalpost as usual. In time they will be quite ready to be microchipped, of course they'll pretend that they have no objections but that is only because they are cowards that are too afraid to speak up. They'll pretend they don't care, this way they can keep up the charade that they are in control of their own lives and that they aren't being infringed upon at every turn. "I was fine with it all along.." they'll say. And in this way the problem will magically cease to exist.

Who honestly cares about mass spying by the NSA at this point? Anyone? Because all I hear is crickets..

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Cracking that model of iphone was a different proposition to understanding well documented technology that is available to developers.

1. It was totally new
2. It was purposefully built to be a pain to decrypt
3. It did get reversed

Edit: don't want to get hung up on particulars
edit on 11-8-2016 by Pinke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We should attempt to educate and better understand how seemingly innocent personal data can be used....and how it can ultimately be linked together with other data points. What can be extrapolated? How could it be used in the future?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join