It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Is The Western Media Ignoring The New Cold War? (w/Guest: Stephen Cohen)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
a reply to: awareness10

Exactly! Ignoring it only makes them stronger though. Until people really realize what is going on, stop buying into the bs on tv thinking it's "real" , we don't have a chance to combat such a strong elite force. Putin is a smart man. He will not continue to allow "them" to bully the world. As he said, "the world is in grave danger".

Iran didn't pose a threat, Iraq didnt have nukes, and ISIS is a bunch of jihadists getting paid an armed for an agenda. It's plain to see what is going on yet people will turn on the tv and get sucked right back into the brain washing. It's a circle jerk. lol

This is exactly it..

And it's not "living in fear" to face reality.. It's quite the opposite.

I think it's important for more and more people to see what's going on for maybe a possibility of changing courses.

Ignorance scares me, talking about a Cold War that's taking place not so much.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DOCHOLIDAZE1

i hope we at least make a couple years before it jumps off

reply:
yes i hope so too, i keep remembering what the Pope said last year about 2015 being the last Christmas, makes me wonder what they're planning..
edit on 8/3/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

Gin

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
So, anyways. What did the rest of you think about the Video's?

Well can agree with both videos. The west got some ulterior motives for Russia. I'll never forget how it worked out when they first began using jihadists against Russia, backfired so badly and still to this day they are shooting themselves in the leg with their aggression tactics. Iran is not a threat and never will be, so NATO's presence in Romania is questionable. Too much baseless pushing toward the Russian border. Makes me happy that Finland isn't part of NATO despite of fears the politicians been trying to feed us, at least we know what real neutrality is after the big war was fought. Never again.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: jimmyx

Could be, but I think it's just people letting their imaginations get the better of them.

lol...yeh...I just thought I would throw that out there...what truly frightens me is the ramping up of paranoia in people...the ability to trust in someone or something is becoming a sign of weakness rather than strength.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: smurfy

Yes, but the thing is, the Cold War MK 2.0 fest is not just Russia, nor just eastern Europe whomever. The west are there too, and people are being hurt.

Never denied that.

However, both sides are playing the game. White washing one sides activities and ignoring their contributions while just pointing out the others faults is a bad way to fly. I'd love to see outrage at both. Why is a balanced approach always ignored on these topics?

People love a boogeyman, Some see them riding a Camel in the sandbox while others see them in a suit and tie riding in a limo.

No , I was agreeing with you in many ways. What we, in the west need to come to terms with is just as Cohen was saying about past agreements on a handshake, (which to me are far more honourable than legalese) that was the agreement with Gorbachev about no NATO encroachment into eastern Europe, yet here we are now with western forces talking about NATO's eastern front..they are there! Many Russians see that as Gorbachev's betrayal, while it is really the west who betrayed Gorbachev. Of course it is all debatable...as long as everybody is given whatever facts there are, but when the facts are not there we know nothing except from one perspective...in our case mostly Zilch.
I'm glad A10 posted this particular video, because it so gels with Putin's press conference that we never saw..until the last few days of July.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

originally posted by: awareness10
So, anyways. What did the rest of you think about the Video's?

Well can agree with both videos. The west got some ulterior motives for Russia. I'll never forget how it worked out when they first began using jihadists against Russia, backfired so badly and still to this day they are shooting themselves in the leg with their aggression tactics. Iran is not a threat and never will be, so NATO's presence in Romania is questionable. Too much baseless pushing toward the Russian border. Makes me happy that Finland isn't part of NATO despite of fears the politicians been trying to feed us, at least we know what real neutrality is after the big war was fought. Never again.

It does seem they are in a rush to do 'something'. 30,000 men on Russia's border, if it were my country I'd be nervous.

I agree, Iran isn't a threat, yet NATO seems to be right there dipping into the honey pot every chance it gets. It's like watching the Roman Empire 2000 yrs ago , in slow motion. Clearly they're purposely antagonizing Russia in order to create some type of trigger response from them which won't happen, Putin knows full well what's going on. It's somewhat angering and frustrating that the Media continues to ignore this while bowing down to their MSM masters.

edit on 8/3/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I totally agree with all you said!

I remember years ago reading somewhere peace would come out of Russia and the leader would bring world peace. I never understood then how that could ever be.... but now it seems to be more plausible than I ever imagined. Putin can't be fooled by the games "they" are playing. He knows them all too well. He knows the lies and manipulation and he is worried for not just his people but for the entire world. When he tells the world what is going on and it goes ignored despite it being right in plain sight you have to wonder why people okay with being ignorant? Why are people so dumb to the facts and think we really have a say in elections? Why do people think a President can rally make decisions in this Country??

The one with the most money is the leader/leaders!

We began taking over in the middle east with Israel.... look at us now... we are at a point of no return and it's spiraled out of control.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I think it's important for more and more people to see what's going on for maybe a possibility of changing courses. Ignorance scares me, talking about a Cold War that's taking place not so much.

I think that is important too. I don't understand why so many are still in denial. It blows my mind. The stage is being set and we are the audience allowing such to continue year after year. We have to change the course and we can but we need the collective, this is certain.

Ignorance aint cute. lol It's definitely the ignorant who got us here and will be the wise to get us out.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I totally agree with all you said!

I remember years ago reading somewhere peace would come out of Russia and the leader would bring world peace. I never understood then how that could ever be.... but now it seems to be more plausible than I ever imagined. Putin can't be fooled by the games "they" are playing. He knows them all too well. He knows the lies and manipulation and he is worried for not just his people but for the entire world. When he tells the world what is going on and it goes ignored despite it being right in plain sight you have to wonder why people okay with being ignorant? Why are people so dumb to the facts and think we really have a say in elections? Why do people think a President can rally make decisions in this Country??

The one with the most money is the leader/leaders!

We began taking over in the middle east with Israel.... look at us now... we are at a point of no return and it's spiraled out of control.

Yes i know that quote. 'One day through Russia would come the Hope of the World'. -EC. He also predicted the possibility of a THIRD World War. He spoke of strifes arising..."in Libya, and in Egypt, in Ankara, and in Syria; through the straits around those areas above the Persian Gulf."

It's like a page right out of revelations. The more nutty it gets the more i have to step back from it. It's Surreal at times. Yes it has spiralled out of control. I'm just glad some of us are aware of it, others will be caught off guard when it hits.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Indeed they will be standing in awe wondering how they missed it when it was in their face this entire time.

E.C. was a man I have admiration for. He gave so much to the people and community. I have read his material for over 20 years and recently read, " The Story of the Bible". Hard to believe he was still so into his church and the Bible knowing what he thought he knew.

It's crazy to think we are watching so much come to light. George Orwell's, 1984 and so on. Just insane to think people actually believe the illusion they see on TV.

Back to the OP though.. I can't see Trumps hot head and mouth getting along with Putin and Hillary definitely not getting along with him either. It seems as though this is a set up to blame another president for wrong doing and lies. The woman..... or the Hot head actor? Which will take the fall for the elite/bankers who get rich off of murdering innocents during war?

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gin
at least we know what real neutrality is after the big war was fought. Never again.

Amen to that..if I got you right, ignorance was never really bliss. In the main our press is failing us, though there are always little things dribbled out somewhere, things that are really not so little, ultimately. Thing is, it's made so hard to have real world view on just about anything when there is so much deception going on... pretty made up pictures flying by your eyesight on TV with none made up pictures, not so pretty pictures flying by, equally as made up, or sometimes not, all depending, masquerading as an art form, none more so than the news, which as Putin put it otherwise related, should be nothing more personel that math/s.
In edit I am recalling such a case in point, very recent. We probably all watched what was happening in Turkey a while ago, a military uprising that was squashed fairly quickly, while the numbers involved were quite high, and did involve tanks and other high end equipment, while CCTV cameras caught some of the events on the bridge, some of the BBC spin, or rather allowed comment, was that there were no tanks and that those taking part in the revolt were all youngsters, which turned out to be mostly untrue as given.
That aside, also the given reason for the military revolt by media in the immediate was that Erdogan was too sympathetic to Islamic state, without to much meat on the bones, and that his real problem was the Kurds as if. But, if you look at it in another way, it's pretty clear that the Saudis have troops in Turkey, and that Erdogan wants a religious state, and going by his lastest outpourings, is in fact looking to be a dictator and doing just that as well.
IMHO, That makes no sense that Erdogan is fighting IS, more like helping, which in turn makes the Saudi troops role in Turkey questionable, as well. In the meantime its the kurds who have done more to defeat IS..it seems.

edit on 3-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

That is so creepy.. these people are so creepy..

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
SPAM removed by admin
edit on Aug 3rd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'd rather our media focused on more positive things

Such as...?
"Feel good" stories, telling us the world is bumbling along just fine? Or the size of Kim's ass? The latest PC craze to hit the streets? "Surfing dog"
I know!! ZANY CAT PICTURES!!

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reverbs
a reply to: smurfy

He was clear that the main thrust of his assymetrical response was to be missiles that wont get neutralized by the anti missile systems USA is putting all near Russia..

I see constant moves from NATO and then Russia and Then US and then Russia.. pivoting positioning media propaganda truth and lies guns and bombs...

I'm confused how anyone could miss this being the closest to all out war I've seen in a long time.

Putin from the 2007 video is saying what they will work on, and in the part from this year he's saying they did what he said they would do..

so I didn't pay close enough attention to the new Russian missiles but supposedly they can dodge US anti missile systems.

I was promised by Russia and America years and years ago that we would both start dismantling our nuclear forces..
And then now I see both upgrading reinforcing and producing new nuclear arsenals.. Billions and Billions
How can this NOT be a cold war...

Yes, but we were told ad hoc/aka not being told at all..at the time, that those agreements were finite at some stage. In the meantime the propaganda never ceases to play a role, as tired and miserable a format as it should be in this day and age anyway, it is still working. I agree, it is a cold war, can't be anything else, but is not just another cold war, that's far too simplistic.

posted on Aug, 3 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Likewise, pretending an issue is much bigger than it really is is just as bad, but hey that's not a popular thing to do on ATS. The land of hyperbole and fear.

Do you realize how inundated we are by media?

It has to be, if we simply go through the dull facts people will ignore it.

Sensationalize. For the greater good.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Indeed they will be standing in awe wondering how they missed it when it was in their face this entire time.

E.C. was a man I have admiration for. He gave so much to the people and community. I have read his material for over 20 years and recently read, " The Story of the Bible". Hard to believe he was still so into his church and the Bible knowing what he thought he knew. It's crazy to think we are watching so much come to light. George Orwell's, 1984 and so on. Just insane to think people actually believe the illusion they see on TV.

Back to the OP though.. I can't see Trumps hot head and mouth getting along with Putin and Hillary definitely not getting along with him either. It seems as though this is a set up to blame another president for wrong doing and lies. The woman..... or the Hot head actor? Which will take the fall for the elite/bankers who get rich off of murdering innocents during war?

Yes EC was an interesting Man, in a time when it wasn't popular to be a mystic and religious, somehow he became both.

There are things Trump has said that i probably would have advised against saying, but America needed to hear some of those things. Hillary won't say it, She's part of the Establishment. A shaking up indeed has occurred at Volcanic levels because of him.

The entire world is being shaken right now, most people just aren't seeing it. We've got all kinds of scenarios taking place. Perhaps finally the curtain is falling, and the madman behind it being revealed.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

NOPE ,THAT is the internet itself ,they just can't read it all yet.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

As we SET up in the pacific AHEAD of time, THEN CHINA decides to extend and capture by sticking an island where they want it.
THIS time if we go after China ,Russia would LOVE that...
edit on 4-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Could be, but I think it's just people letting their imaginations get the better of them.

the ability to trust in someone or something is becoming a sign of weakness rather than strength.

Too true! I was talking about that in another thread. We really need to rebuild the trust in this country. The plethora of distrust is tearing us apart.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join