It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TYT - Its not Alternative News, Its Democratic News.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   
The tip of the iceberg in regards to the manipulations Cenk attempts on his viewers and the bias he displays throughout his many videos. Its Bull----. Can't we have a completely unbiased Alternative News channel. This is just like the MSM completely biased rubbish that affects the whole concept of Alternative news "Bringing you the facts..." and warps its viewers through deception. All they care about is being "Number 1", Thats the trap of power I guess.

Cenk Uygur saying 100% the republicians take doner money and let them control government but that the democrats take money from donor's and just try to hear them out not follow their commands. [ Start 6:10 Minutes in until he says exactly as stated (6:50) ]

Cenk manipulating the truth to push democratic agenda. Not to present FACTS, Just his own biased agenda through manipulating his viewers.

Cenk trying to change the meaning of the constitution.....
, This man is a dangerous influence and he is in front of a huge audience... And by the way, the right to bear nuclear arms is included as an arguement against guns.... This video is very well done.

The music to this video is classic. The video is Cenk failing to keep track of what his views actually are, then blaming republicans for being against negotiating with terrorists...Something he says he is also against...

The young turks are the most popular "Alternative News Source" out there "Bringing you the Facts". It is all lies, they are the same propaganda spewing, biased view peddling straw men, just like the main news sources are.
edit on 27-7-2016 by WhatGoldStandard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Cenk is to democrats what Alex Jones is to republicans. Who gives $#$#, media is controlled. "Alternative" media is not alt anymore. It's the new mainstream. There is more money and effort going into manipulating and controlling alt media now than there is in regular media. Regular media control structures were set up back in the 50s. The alt-media is new, and it's been heavily subverted. It shows even more because it was (not that long ago) very untouched and chaotic.

The internet is dead. You cannot disseminate information without it being imploded from the inside now.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Yeah pretty much what I said but still true. Alex jones Is a load of crap aswell.

It just amazes me how, no matter what the platform or even the original intentions of the individual, we are constantly getting screwed via media. It is an infection, worse than any virus, you cannot stop it and therefore cannot trust any news you see. It is either false or edited and manipulated.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WhatGoldStandard

To be fair to them, what TYT are is a genuinely democratic alternative to the lies and nonsense of centrism. They lean left, Alex Jones leans right, and there is nothing wrong with being anti money in politics what so ever.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

But your ignoring the Lies, deceit and manipulation.

Trying to tell viewers the 2nd amendment only gives police the right to bear arms is dangerous propaganda with an auidence that size. That also shows, just like MSM, he is willing to lie and manipulate people to push his own agendas and -Atleast in the case (though there are more)- the agenda of democrats.

Then there is the constant lying to push trump out of the picture and put hilary in (previously bernie in) the presidency. On this point I understand you will say well he is democrat so he would push for his own party. Fine no problem with that. The problem stems from the fact he is willing to both lie outright and also completely twist the original plot into something unrecognisable. That has MSM written all over it and is throughout MANY of his so called "Factual" News videos.

The biased democratic angle just annoys me, Just as a republican bias would, I am not for either. The thing that worries me is his obvious lack of integrity and honesty, the manipulation he subjects his viewers to, and the amount of viewers he has.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: WhatGoldStandard

Yeah pretty much what I said but still true. Alex jones Is a load of crap aswell.

It just amazes me how, no matter what the platform or even the original intentions of the individual, we are constantly getting screwed via media. It is an infection, worse than any virus, you cannot stop it and therefore cannot trust any news you see. It is either false or edited and manipulated.

That is because media (aka news) is now about opinion, not all the facts. A partial set of the facts are used to support the voiced opinion.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Shame to see Alex Jones lean so far right but he claims he is being given inside information on Trump via Roger Stone that he is anti establishment and anti New World Order,at least he is not a fan of the Bush's and the rest of the establishment GOP.
Cenk got visibilly upset when asked about the Hilary for Prison campaign,he must be dumb as a box of rocks if supports that lunatic.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

How can you be so blind. I don't mean that as an insult but these videos I posted are just a small window into some of the things people like this do.

There is a different between opinion and lies nd manipulation to push a personal agenda. That is why this biased running of News should be squashed and never revitalised. The platform to push your own views and agendas via deception is just wrong and I fail to see why people support it. These lies affect major events like elections and constitutional rights, this isn't a game were a Kid convinces one of his friends he kissed a pretty girl in school to look cool.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: southbeach

I believe he was an original bernie supporter but he does seem to love hilary. I think he is just blinded by his affiliation to the democratic party. When someone is part of a click, you can almost never convince them to see things another way. even if your right.

Alex jones is a menace to Alt news and to republicans because of his "Crazy" moments. I find it strange he goes from a semi sensible guy to a ranting lunatic so easily, pretty suspicious.

Alex jones did catch him with that. Even if alex was right and that was a set up I don't think Cenk expected that. Maybe that was indignation at the t-shirt though I am more inclined to believe he was scared his watchers would be put off of the democratic party/Hilary.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:11 AM
link   

TYT is definitely a mix of Liberal, Progressive and Left but they've been taking the Democrat Party to task pretty much since 2012. You're cherry picking a tiny portion in your first video linked in which Cenk says what you accuse him of but what he's actually doing if you listen to the lead up and follow up... is saying what he thinks might be the only thing Hillary can say and do to draw in Bernie supporters.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   

I believe he was an original bernie supporter but he does seem to love hilary.

No. He quite clearly hates her. I don't think you've watched the man you're criticizing.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

What because he does'nt come right out and say it. Don't take things to seriously. I am sure love is a strong word but so is hate which makes us both exxageraters. If he hated her he would not support her and urge bernie fans to do the same. I know he would much prefer bernie, and also would probably rather a different face than hilarys, but he will still help her and support her because that is what he does. He will lie, cheat and manipulate - All whilst selling out his integrity and cashing in on the respect people used to have for him - to push his agenda. I don't trust liars with my news and he should'nt be allowed to spread these lies to his many, many viewers

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

When he says "Democrats only hear out what big coorps have to say but republicans Definately are controlled by them" that is his view and a completely biased and false one (Not false because of the republican bit, false because of the absolute rubbish about democrats just hearing doners out). He did'nt add that bit for hilary he said it as he believes it. I did'nt tell anyone to only watch that bit I am just refering to what I am quoting him as saying.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So what? Alex Jones lies and manipulates people, sells his branded and endorsed nonsense from his site. Everyone is making a buck.

The point is that paying attention to ANY pundits and talking heads, when attempting to navigate the issues of the day is naive, foolish. Relying on logic, rationality, and training ones own mind to discern the reality before us, is what makes it possible for a human being to make wise, informed, and effective choices about what we are doing and how to go about it.

The prattling of those desperate to monetise politics at every level, is not something which aids us in that, regardless of which talking head we are considering. We can listen to them, see the places they speak the truth, see the places they speak lies, and make assessments of the quality of their output based on them. But we should not rely on any source being one hundred percent trust worthy, or even seventy percent trustworthy. That is a fools game. The only people we can trust to have an opinion worth a god damn, is ourselves, assuming we have learned enough, assuming we have learned the right lessons from the life we have lived and the history of those who walked this world before us.

No other source has any merit of its own, save for in those moments where despite financial interests being present, the truth is uttered anyway. The truth is a thing unto itself, not owned or wielded by anyone in particular. It is a sword which changes hands by the second, striking sporadically from every quarter.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Watch the whole thing again (I've watched the whole thing twice) he is speaking as her, what he believes she needs to come out and say to draw in Bernie supporters.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
x2 post
edit on 7/27/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

He was very pro Bernie still is and he is just picking in his view the lesser of two evils he does not like Hilary one bit but he doesn't like Trump more.
What news channels do you trust btw?.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

I think TYT is an alternative to MSM and a very good one at that.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: WhatGoldStandard

That is because media (aka news) is now about opinion, not all the facts. A partial set of the facts are used to support the voiced opinion.

The news was never about just the facts. They were always slanted. They just had a better monopoly on the flow of information before the rise of cable, freeing of the radio, and internet, so no one noticed it. Go back to the Founding and all the news sources had their slant. The difference is that they were open about which way their personal winds blew so you know which angle you were getting. These days, they all pretend they are the gospel truth.

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheKnightofDoom

None. When I look for news I have to go through several sources to verify that I am being told factual news as oppossed to this BS propaganda everyone seems to enjoy eating up.

I have found stephen molyneux to be pretty good at presenting fact and such but he does'nt exactly report news just certain storys. As in the video above Crowder is pretty good as he backs his facts with sources and is usually fair even though he is obviously biased. But as I said I usually have to sieve through several sources before I have a finished piece of news.

<<   2 >>

join