It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed US base in Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed a secret military base in Syria used by elite American and British forces last month.

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that the Russian strike on the CIA-linked site was part of a campaign by Russia to pressure the White House to agree to closer cooperation in the Syrian skies, U.S. military and intelligence officials said.

Wow this is crazy.

Please let this be an accident.

There have been lots of mistakes in this confusing theater of war, I hope this is simply a mistake and that no ill intent was behind it.

If it wasn't a mistake I sure hope we respond in a measured way. No one needs WW3 over Syria.
edit on 22 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Russian warplanes reportedly bombed a secret military base in Syria used by elite American and British forces last month.

The Wall Street Journal reported Thursday that the Russian strike on the CIA-linked site was part of a campaign by Russia to pressure the White House to agree to closer cooperation in the Syrian skies, U.S. military and intelligence officials said.

Wow this is crazy.

Please let this be an accident.

There have been lots of mistakes in this confusing theater of war, I hope this is simply a mistake and that no ill intent was behind it.

If it wasn't a mistake I sure hope we respond in a measured way. No one needs WW3 over Syria.

Well, maybe we need to consider that Kerry was in talks with Putin last week. If it was about this perhaps there are negotiations going on. Tho, I still think we will do what we will do and Putin will do what he will do.

Interesting it is just now showing up...if true

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Key words: Secret Base, in use by US and Britain... it would seem to be conducive in joint operations to include the Russian forces so such doesn't occur. If it's a joint operation it doesn't speak well of sharing intelligence between the coalition of forces in the area.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
im sure it was an accident...after all it is a "secret" base..right?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Obama literally let this fly under the radar.

A bombing campaign against our forces by Russia goes completely unanswered.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Isn't this what all the Right Wing Fundamentalist Christians are calling for? Armageddon and the Apocalypse. The cleansing, to usher in the Great tribulation.

edit on 22-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Why would the President want the world to know that we have troops on the ground at a "secret base" for use by special forces and the CIA? Sounds like the right thing to not make much noise about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's like 10 whole people man.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Pyle

The game changes when the Russians bomb our troops wouldn't you say?
edit on 22 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

link   

Well, since it was a secret base, we weren't supposed to be in there. I am sure the Russians knew something was up, they have satellites keeping an eye on that area. They can see a wedding ring on a hand. The US has the same thing, and the US has lots pointing down at us too.

I bet the US was warned ahead of time if this really did happen.

link   

They don't let it out until they have no choice.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Secret base, last month. Nothing will come of this because of the keyword/s "secret" and last month...
edit on 22-7-2016 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I don't see where this was mentioned as a permanent Spooks BoO for us? The way the article is worded leads me to consider it may have been used indeed. But in the past tense. The wording of "Despite the fact that some forces could have been killed" (emphasis on COULD) makes it sound like the base might have been abandoned/in the process of being abandoned. I would highly doubt the US would maintain a base in that hostile of an environment indefinitely with a secret unit(s) in one spot like sitting ducks. I'd be more liable to believe they were a mobile base that didn't last long in any given place before moving elsewhere to keep nosy unsavories off their tail better.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
Secret base, last month. Nothing will come of this because of the keyword/s "secret" and last month...

So because it happened a month ago it's unimportant news?

I'd say it's pretty important that Russia bombed our soldiers.

It's also not secret anymore hence the post.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

So because it happened a month ago it's unimportant news?

Yes. Sorry to say. If something were to come of it, it would have already. I don't make the rules man!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

The game changes when the Russians bomb our troops wouldn't you say?

Not for the American people but for the diplomats.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Tell that to the families of dead soldiers.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I don't see anything that says any soldiers were killed...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Well the US is funding ISIS and Al Queda and we are training them too. So go figure. Ooooppps! Sorry we thought that was an ISIS base ....Oh it was an Al Queda base?! Oh, they are on the US side now? Gee didnt they bomb the world trade center?! Oh....that was the Saudis?!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So, our super secret soldiers, that we sent in to cause unrest and murder people in a foreign nation.. were bombed... by a nation allied with that foreign nation.

.. and some how its their fault ?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join