It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limited Constitutional Government is DEAD.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is the difference between what the values of the GOP voters were in their candidate from 1964 (Barry Goldwater) and today, (Donald Trump).

Compare their two acceptance speeches, and the breakdown of what they talk about is astounding, especially since Donald Trump's speech was twice as long as Barry Goldwater's.

Goldwater:
Constitution: 7
Freedom: 38
Liberty: 14
Values: 9
Morals: 4
Responsibility: 8
I: 22

Trump:
Constitution: 1
Freedom: 1
Liberty: 0
Values: 1
Morals: 0
Responsibility: 0
I: 83

"Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh."

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You know whats weird for me?

The fact that Trump and I agree on policy a lot of the time.

But I don't think he could make his ideas on policy work within the confines of the constitution because I don't think he's ever read it.

If Trump could frame his policy proposals to fit the Supreme Law of the Land, then I'd probably vote for him.

But for now, it's Gary Johnson.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NOTurTypical
Here is the difference between what the values of the GOP voters were in their candidate from 1964 (Barry Goldwater) and today, (Donald Trump).

Compare their two acceptance speeches, and the breakdown of what they talk about is astounding, especially since Donald Trump's speech was twice as long as Barry Goldwater's.

Goldwater:

Trump:

Hmmm, If Goldwater was around now and saw this mess, I seriously doubt he'd have the same speech as he did then....
edit on 22-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

Trump is not supposed to win. Clinton is already Pres elect it just hasn't been announced because they have to do their little show elections.

We have no say and to tell the truth neither do they. Trump is betting on the ignorant hillbilly and loudmouth racist vote and it got him far but not gonna get him elected. I have no faith in the two party system because it is really one party, the Elitist party who has so little concern for life they are forever involved in armed conflicts with loss of civilian lives "collateral damage" and every soldier considered expendable property.

Trump is a legitimate sociopath as are 99.9% of politicians and corporate big shots.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I suppose this could be accurate, but do you have some actual comparisons?

http might help convince somebody.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Goldwater could tell the future.....

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” B Goldwater

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

How is "limited constitutional" government dead?

People think corruption is new? The Constitution is subverted all the time and sometimes ignored.

The land of the free is still free unless you believe your self enslaved.
edit on 22-7-2016 by deignostian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Nothing is going to change until US changes themselves. Bernie is already out. There be no change but war.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
maybe after 50 years the candidates have learned that making speaehs about those things won`t do a damn bit of good.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: nwtrucker

Goldwater could tell the future.....

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” B Goldwater

If Goldwater ran today he would win in a landslide

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Goldwater:

Trump:

Where are you getting your numbers from? Are you just making them up?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Constitutional representative government OF THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE AND BY THE PEOPLE

Started being murdered almost from the beginning . . . and certainly with the rise of Federalism.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

"Compare their two acceptance speeches"

(GOP Nomination acceptance speeches)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
No, if Goldwater ran today he would be torpedoed by the GOP establishment. They hate Conservatives more than the Democrats.

edit on 7 23 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: deignostian

How is "limited constitutional" government dead?

People think corruption is new? The Constitution is subverted all the time and sometimes ignored.

The land of the free is still free unless you believe your self enslaved.

Because when the GOP nominates a man for President who values founding principles and documents as little as the Democrats do, then there will be no leadership in DC to return the government back to them.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I suppose this could be accurate, but do you have some actual comparisons?

http might help convince somebody.

I don't understand your question. I did an actual comparison, Goldwater's '64 acceptance speech VS Trump's from Thursday night.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

You watched and counted yourself?

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

They hate Conservatives more than the Democrats.

We need a Conservative in the White House just as much as we need someone from the Far Left.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Get this - Glenn Beck has said Constitution over 32,000 times this month alone obviously he is the best man for the job, maybe he would even channel wisdom straight from planet Klobob.

Or maybe it's high time you religious freaks understand that society and BOTH political parties have moved past your delusions.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

So would Reagan.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join