It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough Anti-Cop Anti-Authority BS!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: crazyewok

Ok what is national GDP of the kiwi folk? ohh in 2015 173.75 billion USD, so... just about any US based corp makes more than the entire nation?

So how do they make any kinda of match? Ohh yes they don't have a 1/1000th of the population.

Thats a # method of determing standard of living and invidiual wealth.

All it means is the USA is a larger country.

China has a bigger GDP than new Zealand by your logic that makes it better place to live

edit on 19-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Then I advise you don't break any!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
That link doesn't do you any favours.....

It ranks the US 61 with 1 being the worst and 163 the best.

That ranking is not something to be proud of!

The GPI measures how "peaceful" a country is. Since we're still actively engaged in ground combat and like to drone people, that weighs rather heavily on the score. It's not a measure of how safe one's living room is.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

The GPI measures how "peaceful" a country is. Since we're still actively engaged in ground combat and like to drone people, that weighs rather heavily on the score. It's not a measure of how safe one's living room is.

Uk not winning many international favours either but we are still pretty high up on that list.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
sycomix

Oh, I will. I guarantee you do too, whether you realize it or not.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

No what that means, is they have fewer people, people cause problems, less people less problems. Why is that hard to get?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix

No what that means, is they have fewer people, people cause problems, less people less problems. Why is that hard to get?

Then you need to refer to population density.

That is the bigger culprit of crime not population overall.

UK and Japan have far bigger population densitys. Yet are safer.

link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

I keep my vehicles inspected and maintained, do not speed, use my signals, do not cause unjust drama in public, umm no if I break any law it is not seen or heard. Not being a public nuisance is a fantastic way to avoid law issues.

link   
a reply to: sycomix

So, if someone doesnt like Obama, they should leave the US?

edit on 19-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: added epicness

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   

And have WAY harsher punishments for just about everything, you can't have it both ways. Do you know what japan will do to you for pot?

Drug Laws in Japan

(By the way My Mother, Aunt and Sister live there, I know how they deal with misfits better than most)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

They can if they want, I am sure nobody cares.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

WOOHOO! RIGHT ON!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Not however the UK who criminal justice systems lighter than the USA, in fact to light.

Plus dont point to many fingers seeing as the "land of the free" has the higest prison population per capita in the world.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Uk not winning many international favours either but we are still pretty high up on that list.

And yet still behind Sierra Leone, where they just had a few thousand Ebola fatalities and basic amenities end at the Freetown city limits.

Good on ya mate

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

And yet still behind Sierra Leone, where they just had a few thousand Ebola fatalities and basic amenities end at the Freetown city limits.

Good on ya mate

I know which means we have some issues too it seems. Though this is measuring saftey not standard of living so despite the other problems of sierra leone they might actually have a safe society.

But if we afe just below Sierra Leone and the USA is way way way down below the UK? Thats not a great sign is it?
edit on 19-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I'm just trying to understand your point.

No one should be allowed to criticize or dislike anything, ESPECIALLY if its related to government or "authority".

Forget about trying to fix or change something.

If you dont like/love "it" (whatever "it" might be), GTFO, simply because there are other countries which may be worse, correct?

edit on 19-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

It doesn't measure safety, it measures peace. Again, a country going around drone striking everybody in sight while engaging in ground combat probably isn't going to have a very high rating for peace, now is it?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

That must have been one helluva good piece of chicken! The guy couldn't set it down!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

It doesn't measure safety, it measures peace. Again, a country going around drone striking everybody in sight while engaging in ground combat probably isn't going to have a very high rating for peace, now is it?

Which therefore makes this entire thread and the op arguments pointless as it based on statistics measureing the wrong thing

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

More like, sure you have the right to opinion and protest, not riots and murder. If you hate it here that bad then GTFO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join