It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And now...Protests in Liverpool over Death of Black Teen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The death of a teenager Mzee Muhammed whilst in police custody in Liverpool UK sparked protests and chants of BLM. Despite numerous calls from the public and the shopping centre security staff saying that the teen was acting erratically and carrying a knife, the mother continually criticised police's handling of the situation during the protest march calling for justice for her "baby boy". Now this teen became unwell for reasons unknown, to me the Police acted properly and professionally. Paramedics were called and the man transferred to hospital where he later died. From the video shown in the Guardian, it does not appear that any Policeman acted violently or aggressively and appears unlikely that the cause of death could be attributed to the Police's handling of the situation at this moment in time. The post mortem has proven inconclusive and they now await toxicology reports. This is the first BLM related incident/protest I have heard of in the UK and sadly now, I fear it won't be the last.
The Guardian

I was dreading the day when this ludicrous police/white hate group spilled over to the UK and now thanks to the power of the internet it has. I guess only time will tell now whether matters escalate to the dreadful proportions they have in the USA, I hope and pray they don't and that black people in the UK don't jump on the bandwagon of racist hatred that has been so happily fairly absent since the 90's

To me the whole BLM group is completely self-defeating. The constant nasty tweets calls to kill cops name calling of white people and their whole general agenda & demeanour is merely going to send us all back to the 70's and I have no doubt we will see the resurgence of the likes of the NF & KKK. Its what people do when the feel threatened...they fight back. My question is why? Why do blacks want to re-segregate themselves? And why now after years of work and fight to solve the problems of the past is it re-emerging? Are we that incapable of living peacefully that as soon as there are periods of quiet we have to stir the pot? As if we don't have enough problems with ISIS in the world already.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I've been fortunate enough to have a stop over or two at a police station. Lots of staff come and go but few stay especially on a busy night. A real problem of overdose exists. I'm guessing it's what the toxicology will reveal, it's not unheard of people dying of an overdose in custody.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Aye quite probably it could be that and possibly why he was being so erratic etc

I do wonder if it is proven that "baby boy" was in fact a drug dealing armed scumbag with a police record as long as yer arm, if dear old mum will apologise to our hard working (social worker) police? The words Sundays Not In A spring to mind lol

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
All this bs will eventually stop the police doing their jobs properly.. I've already seen several times in the past black and ethnic people getting away with illegal activities because they shout racist when police want to search them.

This kid had a knife in a shopping centre.. he had to be arrested. Our police a definitely less heavy handed than the American police.. so Imo this is just more anti white bs coming over to our shores..
edit on 18/7/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I apologize for exporting our insanity...

Thats all I got... hopefully yall deal with it better than us.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

Its been the same for a while now especially in areas around where I live. The Police seem hamstrung when it comes to dealing with particularly Asian crime. The Bradford Riots in 2001 which whilst not directly caused by the various arrests at the Anti Nazi League rally, certainly were prolonged by the screams of racism by the 1000s of Asian youths involved (let's not forget that they actually attacked a pub and set fire to it believing National Front sympathisers were inside) but the facts of course shouldn't get in the way of how badly done to they all are ...bless their little cotton socks

It is become apparent to those of us with a cynical mind that the Police are being prevented from properly carrying out their jobs....why? I've not really got an answer to that

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

Aye quite probably it could be that and possibly why he was being so erratic etc

I do wonder if it is proven that "baby boy" was in fact a drug dealing armed scumbag with a police record as long as yer arm, if dear old mum will apologise to our hard working (social worker) police? The words Sundays Not In A spring to mind lol

Or..... he had suffered a head injury at some point.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I would have thought any injury especially a head injury would have come to light during the post mortem

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Even if that is the case police though did call out for medical assistance.

There needs to be a investigation but if a head injury was the cause he could very well have died anyway.

Certainly not a situation to cause a fuss over yet, not until there more information.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I believe the situation could possibly lead to an escalation of the whole BLM agenda in the UK....folk do love to jump on the bandwagon if it means possible looting & a free tv
which reminds me I do need a new oven!

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

how do BLM even come to UK - its not like the american police in the slightest. To be killed here you need to done somethign really stuipid. Black and white communities have intergrated very well so have europeans, this cant be compared ot US at all who thive on racial tensions.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lSkrewloosel
This is what pissing me off.

Things are not perfect but the UK done a lot of work integrating community's and we have pretty good race relations.

Yet the USA mismanagement is going to rip our efforts part????

And people wonder why UK members keep commenting on US issues! We wouldn't need to if they kept there # to themselves!
edit on 18-7-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Very possible too, I suffered a "head injury" on one of my stays, actually before hand. They were stretched and the only person other than police I saw was my solicitor about 6 hours later to see if I wanted to press charges.

That being said the forehead is a flimsy thing when bashed.

UK police can be very heavy-handed when they think nobody is looking, lucky for me it was all recorded

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

This is what pissing me off. Things are not perfect but the UK done a lot of work integrating community's and we have pretty good race relations. Yet the USA mismanagement is going to rip our efforts part???? And people wonder why UK members keep commenting on US issues! We wouldn't need to if they kept there # to themselves!

couldnt agree more.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 05:43 AM
link   

It looks like the problem existed before the police arrested him and may have been the cause of his erratic behavior.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Like I said above though, his behaviour was erratic before the arrest hence the reason for his arrest and the post mortem has not revealed any injury.

We should know by now that whatever happens in the USA eventually comes here...we're like the song...the 51st State

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I did mention the probability of overdose. Hard drugs are becoming stronger and cleaner. The cell is the last place someone needing regular hydration, a relaxed atmosphere and regular checks on well-being. It's a real growing issue.

It was probably worth mentioning my case was unique (like all) and was about 8 years ago. A lot has changed with police forces since.

Yeah the UK does love a bandwagon to jump on now and then, though the UK is has a lot more intergration when it comes to our "hoodlems" the discrimination is based more on attire and location than skin colour.

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Yup I agree I think we've done pretty damn well at curbing the extremes

But...its also become apparent that now the Police are being required more and more to act as social workers, counsellors & even medics to some degree, rather than their actual job of fighting crime etc now whilst I agree to some extent this is a good thing that our police can be quite rounded in their training, the liberal pc squad are making their job so much harder and should the worst happen and our Police become targets, I am not sure how they or the general public will react

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I'm of the belief that the police should have paramedic training, including training in the mental health field and social ones. It might not be popular with everyone but it's what policing has become. They are usually first responders and the social issue of "Joe Bloggs" smashing up his estate all the time and wasting 100's of man hours is a real one, it stands to reason the police should have the necessary skills to understand Joe has mental illness and pass him onto the proper authorities.

Cost is the problem, always has been. Ideally everything would have a real overhaul in the UK instead of tweaking old over used systems that are becoming more and more outdated. Until then, authorities will continue to rely on each other more and more putting more pressure on the police, fire services, social workers etc.
edit on 18-7-2016 by RAY1990 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 18 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: lSkrewloosel
This is what pissing me off.

Things are not perfect but the UK done a lot of work integrating community's and we have pretty good race relations.

Yet the USA mismanagement is going to rip our efforts part????

And people wonder why UK members keep commenting on US issues! We wouldn't need to if they kept there # to themselves!

Seriously?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join