It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Elevators.....What??? Seriously???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ok, so I just saw this report about how they are taking down these signs and the RNC in Cleveland that were labeled "White Elevators" because it resembles Jim Crow Era segregation style facilities.

I've gone through every article I can find about it and it's pretty much the same info everywhere which isn't much. Just that they are not sure who vetted the signs or who put them up and that they are scrambling around now to replace them.

But my question is why they were labeled that to begin with. Because I can't imagine anyone being so dumb as to actually have "White Only Elevators". That is just way to easy a target. I'm assuming they have different colors as labels or something, like Red, White and Blue Elevators or whatever. But I'm only assuming because so far nobody gives a reason for why they're labeled that.

Anyone in Cleveland around here that can clear this one up???

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Seriously the 'DAILY NEWS' again ?

Daily News is brought to people courtesy of a Canadian 'Rupert Murchdoch'.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh boy! The BS starts.

There are seven passenger elevators to transport guests to all levels of Quicken Loans Arena.

The levels are probably color-coded.

The end of that video where they talk about the historical time when whites and blacks were segregated was just too stupid to indulge. As if this had anything whatsoever to do with segregating whites and blacks.

Look for more of this stupidity as they pull out all the stops to discredit Trump.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
And, you know....

This OBVIOUSLY is a JIM CROW era effort to HOLD THE BLACK MAN DOWN!

Utterly unthinkable to consider...Hmmmm.....perhaps, someone made these signs and put them up.... just to cause an issue.

Nahhhh....couldn't have EVER happened. Nope. Not a chance.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
racist are not openly racist these days. Only an idiot would believe this.

Sounds like something the BLM idiots would pull.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Probably some kind of patriotic thing, like red white and blue but it is the GOP, so you never know.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Quicken Loans Arena has unions.

Could be a prank.

Or it's the biggest gaff of the week.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Feel free to quote as many links willfully lying.

Doesn't make it the truth.

Quicken Loans Arena, commonly known as "The Q", is a multi-purpose arena in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, United States. The building is the home of the Cleveland Cavaliers of the National Basketball Association (NBA), the Lake Erie Monsters of the American Hockey League, and the Cleveland Gladiators of the Arena Football League. It also serves as a secondary arena for Cleveland State Vikings men's and women's basketball.

en.wikipedia.org...

Pretty sure quite a few fans, and basket ball players aren't 'white'.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No prank.

Part of their plan.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yup.

I can't wait till Monday !!!

Watch somebody booby trap the electric power in the arena.

edit on Jul-16-2016 by xuenchen because: notified by email

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The "Q" was built in the early 1990's so not likely a hold-over from "racist times".

What a joke this is.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Republicans never cease to suprise me.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   
THis race crap has got me wishing we could talk about gakes and transgender bathrooms.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
So nobody else can find a valid reason for it either then???

As someone else said, Racism isn't this much in the open anymore. That plus the fact that I can't see this being something that would go unnoticed, I'm wondering WTF is going on.

Is it possible that someone pulled a prank on them???

Are there other colored elevators???

There has to be some normal answer for this but if so why isn't anyone saying what it was???

It looks worse by not explaining it and just changing them out as if it was a mistake gone overlooked.

Isn't there anyone in Cleveland here at ATS that can answer this?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Republicans never cease to suprise me.

There's no way this could be a real racist thing though that just went unnoticed until the last minute. Nobody could be that careless. Could they??

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: paradoxious
The "Q" was built in the early 1990's so not likely a hold-over from "racist times".

What a joke this is.

It's not a hold over from Jim Crow Days. They just said it's a reminder of that time. They are new signs obviously. But why does it say "White"??

Are their elevators color coded or something???

Because if they are then why pull them as if it's something racist. If they have Red, White and Blue color coded elevators then why not just say that and leave them alone. Their reaction of pulling them looks worse than just saying they're color coded and leaving it.
edit on 16-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes. They are republicans after all.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
It's not a hold over from Jim Crow Days. They just said it's a reminder of that time. They are new signs obviously. But why does it say "White"??

Are their elevators color coded or something???

Because if they are then why pull them as if it's something racist. If they have Red, White and Blue color coded elevators then why not just say that and leave them alone. Their reaction of pulling them looks worse than just saying they're color coded and leaving it.

That was my thinking, too.

There will be attendees at the convention who have remembrances in their lifetime of seeing "whites only" signage. My b-i-l remembers the 'colored only" waiting areas.... and not just in the Southern states!

This just looks bad.

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I`m sure there is an innocent explanation but the fact that they put any sign on the elevators is proof that segregation is alive and well,i`m not talking about segregation of the races.

We are talking about donald trump so i`m sure there will be class segregation at the convention, "white" elevators for VIP only, you commoners use the "red" and "blue" elevators. In fact they will probably have different color name tags and passes to distinguish the VIPs from the common folk.all the people with red tags and passes have to use the "red" elevators and red entrance doors etc. class segregation is equally as offensive as racial segregation in my opinion.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join