It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's V.P. Address- Objectives First? -Nope. Mostly blasting the opposition.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Exactly!

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

then an anti-trump ad comes on with him saying how he gets his military information from TV Shows

Clearly someone didn't this or the provided link.

So no not 'red herring'.

By definition, that is what that post was. It was not in regards to the topic at hand and is meant to distract by putting attention on someone else.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Obviously I should have went around calling people 'right wing nuts'.

That's like totally NOT a 'red herring'.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hitting Clinton hard was exactly the right thing to do. Huge audience, great opportunity. You have to take those moments. Every time Hillary is called out for being a corrupt liar and incompetent, the better.

As for Trump's overall delivery - he really should stick to the teleprompter. He kept meandering all over the place.
I thought Pence spoke well and his endorsement of Trump and his family as 'good people' was I think quite powerful in teh way that he delivered it.
edit on 16/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Tell me about it, in America been a hard working tax payer is punishable by the government.

link   
a reply to: neo96

In a speech where he was talking about ISIS. He #ing said. " I know more than the generals believe me." Complete quote.

Nothing at all to do with consulting anyone.

And
Trumps critics have a treasure trove to select from.
There is no shortage a material.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Obviously I should have went around calling people 'right wing nuts'.

Still salty, I see. Chin up dude.

That's like totally NOT a 'red herring'.

It, like, totally was...for realsies.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
OP, you really have already said everything anyone needs to know about Trump.

He spend the first 20 minutes of his VP announcement speech talking about himself and trying to beat up on Hillary.

When he got around to introducing Pence, he dropped the mic and walked off stage. He couldn't be bothered to physical stand by his choice of Veep, what makes you think he would be there for the American people?

His whole campaign is about himself, not us.
edit on 7/16/2016 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Trumps choice of Pense didn't win any votes. The Conservatives are already for Donald....

However Clintons choice for VP could make a huggggeee difference in her popularity.

If the GOP convention devolves into rancor and petty bickering, Trump is toast. The Republican need to put up a united front to be convincing. The Rank and file RNCers are afraid that Trump is going to drag the Republicans down even at local levels.

The voters are looking for a leader, not a complainer in Chief.

Honestly I do have to chuckle at the 'Trump is toast' language. That guy has more lives than a litter of cats, never mind one. I don't think there will be anything that will stop Trump keeping it close all the way to November. There will be fluctuations but Trump will stay at around 40% even if he royally messes up. It only takes a couple of bad weeks for Clinton in Oct/November and Trump could win.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
As for Trump's overall delivery - he really should stick to the teleprompter.

Kinda hard to do that once you've said this:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

In a speech where he was talking about ISIS. He #ing said. " I know more than the generals believe me." Complete quote.

He probably does after the politicization of the military over the last eight years.

The current regimes 'generals' are only there because of their politics.
edit on 16-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

I guess you should 'keep walking out of the room', then. '

His speech isn't directed at 'you', and likely you'd find fault with a different speech as well.

You either see him outside the machine or you do not. I wouldn't trust any candidate who had solutions to all the problems as none are experts in every field- in most case, are experts in none- and Trump has already outlined the key areas that need addressing.

One either trusts the same old, same old crowd or one does not. I trust his ability to know and recognize the areas he doesn't know and bring in people-preferably different ones that have not only not solved the problems but have actually created more- and go from there.

Simply put, Trump's approach to our various issues are outside the accepted norms and the machine. Those unnerved by that need further enlightenment on the fact that Hillary represents a continuation, not a solution.

Fortunately, Trump has Hillary who is the perfect example of all that is wrong with our gov't. Every adjective I can think of to describe our Federal gov't seems to fit Hillary Clinton as well.

A non-political citizen Vs A person who is a product of and typifies that very machine.

You nailed it with this post.
That is exactly the choice.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Better to be boring than meandering. I think he'll need to use one more.
To be honest both Clinton and Trump are lousy speakers. Hillary says 'uh' after every third word and Trump just meanders off into something unrelated to his point and can't find an elegant way back.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

He spend the first 20 minutes of his VP announcement speech talking about himself and trying to beat up on Hillary.

When he got around to introducing Pence, he dropped the mic and walked off stage. He couldn't be bothered to physical stand by his choice of Veep, what makes you think he would be there for the American people?

Seriously? You relate the fact he gave Pence the floor to whether he would be there for the American people. That's some leap right there. The thing is that kind of emotional response where you create some logic in your own mind and then blurt it out is exactly what is happening on both sides of the great divide and partially why there is so much division. It seems impossible to get to any meaningful debate.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I totally agree. He should use them more because he sucks at just talking off the cuff. The reason he sounds smart when using a teleprompter is because those are carefully crafted speeches using the words of a speech writer instead of what comes to his mind randomly.

He has been using them more too. Even in spite of him speaking out against using them. Which doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he knows WTF he's doing.

His "Great Brain" and "Best Words" aren't exactly shinning through when he relies on them all by themselves.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Seriously? You relate the fact he gave Pence the floor to whether he would be there for the American people. That's some leap right there. The thing is that kind of emotional response where you create some logic in your own mind and then blurt it out is exactly what is happening on both sides of the great divide and partially why there is so much division. It seems impossible to get to any meaningful debate.

Depends. If this is meaningful it's spot on:

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Obviously it isn't that hard for him because here is a video with him and his teleprompters.link
edit on 16-7-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Hillary's campaign already attacked Pence before he gave his first interview after being named VP.

It's politics.

I would encourage you to watch more Trump if curious about his solutions as he's given them time and time again while doing more interviews than any other candidate.

If the idea is he's supposed to appeal to your demands every single time he speaks, you'll be disappointed. But you'll also dislike Hillary even more as she hides from the media.

It does not matter what detail Trump gives - there are those that will just hurl the same insults (by the way, one of which is that he hurls insults) and not listen to a single word. Closed ears, small brains. We all know Trump is far from the ideal candidate as the leader of the western world, but the flack thrown at him is actually quite incredible. Personally I think it's fear turned to blind panic that is driving the hatred.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not to his supporters who know damn well that both parties suck. The whole machine sucks. Nope no embarrassment whatsoever.

An unbelievably daunting task before him...proud of him and his big brass pair.....

edit on 16-7-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Depends. If this is meaningful it's spot on:

That is absolutely brilliant and so far ahead of it's time in fact. I actually posted that clip myself some time ago in reponse to an endless debate going nowhere.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

What I mean is that it's hard to start using them and not come off looking hypocritical after making a statement like that.

But obviously he can't rely on just his "Great Brain and Best Words" alone because he comes off looking like a Bully and Xenophobic Prick when he does.

It would have been better if he'd not made that statement however, which was nothing more than his ego writing checks that even he can't cash.

The fact is, he needs a teleprompter more than anyone in order to make up for his lack of actual knowledge and ability to speak publicly.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join