It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interview with Assad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Here's an interview with Syrian President Bashar Al-Assad. In theis interview he claims that Russia operates on values and the US operates on which deals it can make regardless of the outcome. He also says that Russia is out to destroy ISIS while the US only wishes to manage ISIS and other terrosist groups in the region. This is in the first 15 minutes. I don't have time to watch the full 44 minutes right now but this is my first time hearing Assad speak. Check out the video and let me know what you guys think.

I had no idea that he speaks fluent English. Of course, he's pro Russian and anti US as Syria and Russia have strong ties in the region. What does ATS think about Assad after seeing this interview? Are there others out there like me who have never heard him speak? If so what is your opinion of him now after seeing this video?

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I have heard him speak before, however, he only confirms what many of us have already concluded. Even before I heard him speak, I never believed in the western media's propaganda and demonization of him as a leader.I believe he speaks truths.
edit on 14-7-2016 by soulrebel11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Yup of course he speaks perfect English, he is a very westernised leader and worked in London with his wife being an English born Syrian. He never wanted to be ruler but was forced into that position after the death of his brother I think it was. Initially he was a reformer and even banned the veil for women in Universities but for whatever reason, he fell out with the West and took up with Russia & North Korea. That I think was his downfall and he was/is destined to go the way of Saddam & Ghadaffi. He is an educated clever man.

The video is similar to the BBC one back in February and says little that's different to then with the exception of his Trump comments and whilst coming across as possibly genuine he has an unfortunate blaze attitude

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Wow..the american education at his best, the reporter sounds so stupid. He keep asking about the next crowned president Bush 4 err Trump ..i lost count number of times there reporter repeated Trum's name.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
so coming from the horse's mouth... i wonder how man Americans can tuck their patriotic tails between their leg and accept who the catalyst in the disruption and chaos and instability in the mid east causing innocents to suffer all over the world just because of some psychotically vane sense of status quo.

19:10 - 20:45

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: soulrebel11

Must by why his country has been torn apart by civil war for the last 5 years

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I like how he isn't afraid to point out exactly which nations are helping ISIS destroy Syria. He clearly states that countries such as Turkey, Israel, and the US have been directly or indirectly supporting ISIS. I wrote a thread a few months ago describing how Turkey and the US have been supporting ISIS in their fight against Assad because they have been obsessed with removing Assad from power for years. I also debunk some of the propaganda they've tried to use against Assad and then I take a look at how Russia has recently taken the side of Syria and turned the whole thing around. People are starting to wake up to the fact Assad isn't the crazy monster they were led to believe he was and they are now realizing that fighting along side Assad is the best option to stop ISIS. Recently even Turkey has changed their attitude and started to work against ISIS in several different ways, which is why Turkey is now starting to be attacked by ISIS.

Also worth noting is the nations which Assad says have been helping him: Russia, Iran, China. These nations have some sort of unspoken alliance amongst themselves just as nations like the US, UK, and Israel have an implicit alliance amongst themselves. I learned some time ago that the world can really be broken down into these two major players, often referred to as simply the Western alliance and the Eastern Alliance, and most global conflicts can be understood through the lense of these alliances. Now that the Eastern Alliance is starting to take control in Syria the Western Alliance is starting to change their tune so they can get on the winning side of the fight and act like they did something useful to stop ISIS. Obviously the reality of the situation is a bit more complicated than that but that's pretty much what it boils down to.
edit on 15/7/2016 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

So killing and jailing those who oppose you are good values...I see why he says that since those are the same values he runs his country with.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Just got through watching the whole video and the very last question gave me a good laugh.

Interviewer: How do you think history will remember you?

Assad: I'm not a fortuneteller, I hope that history will see me as the man that protected his country from the terrorism and from the intervention and saved its sovereignty and the integrity of its land.

Interviewer: Because you know what the first draft of history is saying? That you're a brutal dictator, you're a man with blood on your hands, more blood on your hands than even father.

And what draft of history is that? The one written up by the western propaganda machine? Just look at the comments under the video NBC, the first draft of history is written right there and shows that common people take the side of Assad over your dumb ass.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

You forgot North Korea, they support Assad too.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: soulrebel11

So he speaks the truth when he denies barrel bombing his own people...although it is hard to keep that lie going when your own helicopters are doing it.

I guess telling the truth is different in your world then it is in the real world.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

So killing innocent civilians by barrel bombing them, and chemical weapons use is saving his country...that is history not written by the western media, but those who have seen it happen

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

You forgot North Korea, they support Assad too.

Oh yes Syria leaders must be evil because NK supports them. Of course NK supports them, they are the natural enemy of the Western Alliance so they automatically align with the Eastern nations in any conflict.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

So killing innocent civilians by barrel bombing them, and chemical weapons use is saving his country

Try reading the thread I linked to in my first response, I thoroughly debunk any notion that Assad used a chemical weapon against his own civilian population and I present a strong case that the attack was actually carried out by the rebels themselves and blamed on Assad to rile up support among western nations.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:20 AM
link   

When one looks to what is happening to the poor people of Syria we have to factor in the reality of the interests who have destablized it...

And this is simply one aspect to the nefarious organizations funding and arming Daesh to accomplish their goals.

These people have been committing atrocites from day one and blaming it on Assad.

Good to see him get a platform and speak, he is quite fortunate not to have been Gaddafi/Husseined yet!

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Ah for the first time in months we have a thread on Syria, one in which we are getting to hear from the leader of the country who has been accused falsley of using chemical weapons that would have lead to another failed state caused by American/NATO bombs and here you are immediately spitting the NATO narrative!!

Kudos for being reliable!! Perhaps you should have done the interview!

Here is the example I am speaking of...I will even use a western media source

Assad did not order Syria gas attack says German source

The intelligence findings were based on phone calls intercepted by a German surveillance ship operated by the BND, the German intelligence service, and deployed off the Syrian coast, Bild am Sonntag said. The intercepted communications suggested Assad, who is accused of war crimes by the west, including foreign secretary William Hague, was not himself involved in last month's attack or in other instances when government forces have allegedly used chemical weapons.

edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

I see, because Assad didn't directly order it, his hands are clean.

Do you also agree with the article where it states that it wasn't the rebels that used chemical weapons?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I see, because Assad didn't directly order it, his hands are clean.

Do you also agree with the article where it states that it wasn't the rebels that used chemical weapons?

As I noted in my post it is Western media source. I was shocked when I saw that it admitted that it was not Assad, as far as the rest I disagree with the article where it states that it was not the rebels, as the main point I was addressing is this Assad used chemicals narrative.

You raise a good point and I shall cite a couple more western sources now that state it was in fact the rebels...

UN accuses rebels of using chemical attacks

"According to the testimonies we have gathered, the rebels have used chemical weapons, making use of sarin gas," del Ponte, a former war crimes prosecutor, said in an interview with Swiss radio late on Sunday. "We still have to deepen our investigation, verify and confirm (the findings) through new witness testimony, but according to what we have established so far, it is at the moment opponents of the regime who are using sarin gas," she added.

And from Reuters!

The United Nations independent commission of inquiry on Syria has not yet seen evidence of government forces having used chemical weapons, which are banned under international law, said commission member Carla Del Ponte. "Our investigators have been in neighboring countries interviewing victims, doctors and field hospitals and, according to their report of last week which I have seen, there are strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof of the use of sarin gas, from the way the victims were treated," Del Ponte said in an interview with Swiss-Italian television. "This was use on the part of the opposition, the rebels, not by the government authorities," she added, speaking in Italian.

Thanks for the question Chad!

Always good to remember why those war drums stopped beating a few years back!
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731amFriday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The only reason west wanted Assad down was his alliance with Iran and Russia,and the fact that they form a resistance circle wth Hezbollah and hamas against Israel...Syria was an almost independent free and rich country right before all this started to happen 5 yrs ago. much like their other arab brothers Libya Tunesia and Egypt...People are slowwwly waking up to the political facts and in most cases i am afraid it has become too late to make any substancial changes.

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I believe both sides used chemical weapons, for the record.

As president though, even if he didn't order it, the buck stops with him.

Did he seek out and punish those that carried it out?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join