It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about anything philosophical or spiritual

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
Hi there.

Here's my question:

Have you heard of Judy Goodman? Or better yet, been to any of her seminars or lectures or workshops or website?

No.

posted on Jul, 14 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Sure, I'll bite....bear with me...

So, everything we know, everything we've touched, smelled, seen, heard...literally everything we have experienced has been filtered through physiological and cognitive processes. This means that my experience of the world around me is unique to me....it's purely subjective. The classic example of this pits my understanding and experience of the color red against yours....Do you experience the color red the same as I? but the real question is, HOW COULD WE EVER KNOW? How could we truly experience the world around us objectively?

To clarify what my question actually is: Can we ever truly experience the universe through a purely objective lens....ie not through senses/a brain....?

A2D

Amazingly said. Also really good question. I think not because our universe is in everyone's brain and cognitive senses, and exist only there and no where else.

Without them we could not decode all the sound, frequencies and or vibrations that exist every in the universe.
edit on 14-7-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Sure, I'll bite....bear with me...

So, everything we know, everything we've touched, smelled, seen, heard...literally everything we have experienced has been filtered through physiological and cognitive processes. This means that my experience of the world around me is unique to me....it's purely subjective. The classic example of this pits my understanding and experience of the color red against yours....Do you experience the color red the same as I? but the real question is, HOW COULD WE EVER KNOW? How could we truly experience the world around us objectively?

To clarify what my question actually is: Can we ever truly experience the universe through a purely objective lens....ie not through senses/a brain....?

A2D

Perhaps after death?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa
Hello Ats

I want to give you feedback on you philosophical and/or spiritual. I will not try to persuade nor influence you. I only want to debate and show you different perspectives on your views to get your brain juices flowing.

Even if it's my opinion on something like which came 1st the chicken or the egg.

So far no feedback from you on my question...you are a fraud! Avoiding that question like the plague. I gave you plenty of time. I had the patience. I'm done with this thread

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
Why am I seeing 11 mins past the hour about 3-5 times a day...like almost every day?!
or 11 anything for that matter...like check it...I have 2411 flags in my profile right now OMG...like wtf?!?!
I don't know. Troll question?

posted on Jul, 15 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hello Ats

I want to give you feedback on you philosophical and/or spiritual. I will not try to persuade nor influence you. I only want to debate and show you different perspectives on your views to get your brain juices flowing.

Even if it's my opinion on something like which came 1st the chicken or the egg.

So far no feedback from you on my question...you are a fraud! Avoiding that question like the plague. I gave you plenty of time. I had the patience. I'm done with this thread
You also didn't answer my question.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Why am I seeing 11 mins past the hour about 3-5 times a day...like almost every day?!
or 11 anything for that matter...like check it...I have 2411 flags in my profile right now OMG...like wtf?!?!

If you would have done ANY research behind my question you would have probably come up with same stuff to read like I did:

The Number 11 Mystery Getting People's Attention Worldwide
www.11phenomenon.com...

Even on ATS..there was a thread about it:

I Keep seeing the number 11
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So I am not here to troll...and I think your tone to be a little rude. This is ATS...full of mystery and wonder. I just thought if you were credible on spirituality you might enlighten me a little.

But I take it you may not be that person to "ask me anything" and I accept that. Fine.

Next time someone asks a question that to you may seem like a "troll"question, I suggest you look deeper or reply with a better question such as "When did you first start seeing this 11 min phenomenon occur?"

I could have replied with about 4 months ago I started noticing this...just out of the blue.

*peace out*

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

If you would have done ANY research behind my question you would have probably come up with same stuff to read like I did:

www.11phenomenon.com...

So I am not here to troll...and I think your tone to be a little rude. This is ATS...full of mystery and wonder. I just thought if you were credible on spirituality you might enlighten me a little.

But I take it you may not be that person to "ask me anything" and I accept that. Fine. Maybe it's like once you steal a car in GTA, suddenly you start noticing them everywhere?

Next time someone asks a question that to you may seem like a "troll"question, I suggest you look deeper or reply with a better question such as "When did you first start seeing this 11 min phenomenon occur?"

I could have replied with about 4 months ago I started noticing this...just out of the blue.

*peace out*

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

www.11phenomenon.com...

But I take it you may not be that person to "ask me anything" and I accept that. Fine. Maybe it's like once you steal a car in GTA, suddenly you start noticing them everywhere?

*peace out*

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

www.11phenomenon.com...

But I take it you may not be that person to "ask me anything" and I accept that. Fine.

*peace out*
Like when you jack a car in GTA then suddenly every pedestrian has one?

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

edit on 16-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I have not got a clue what you mean. I google GTA and it came back with Grant Theft Auto.

Only somebody who plays computer games like you would know what you mean.

Strange that you hold yourself as same kind of spiritual teacher who has all the answers. I do not consider gaming to be a spiritual activity.

Yesterday , while walking through the city after work, I notice some 50 or more people walking and looking at their mobile phone. There was something unusual in that so many were doing exactly the same thing. It turned out it had something to do with Pokemon. Don't ask me what it means . I have not got a clue except that it appears that these 20 -50 year old people were gamers playing a game with no connection with each other. Sad !!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies

*peace out*

I have not got a clue what you mean. I google GTA and it came back with Grant Theft Auto.

Only somebody who plays comjputer games like that would know what you mean.

Strange that you hold yourself as same kind of spiritual teacher who has all the answers. I do not consider gaming to be a spiritual activity.

Yesterday , while walking through the city after work, I notice some 50 or more people walking and looking at their mobile phone. There was something unusual in that so many were doing exactly the same thing. It turned out it had something to do with Pokemon. Don't ask me what it means . I have not got a clue except that it appears that these 20 -50 year old people were gamers playing a game with no connection with each other. Sad !!!!
Lol I'm no spiritual teacher whatsoever you're mistaken. I simply want to debate on spiritual and/or philosophical questions. GTA is a video game.

You said once you saw the numbers you kept seeing them but I'm saying you just didn't notice until you noticed.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So now you cheat and make your post seem as if it came from me.

YOU are the one who said : "Like when you jack a car in GTA then suddenly every pedestrian has one?"

How dishonest to pretend I said it . I suggest you correct your last post immediately or else be remembered as a big fake.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ssenerawa

Everything and nothing exist at the same time.

In infinity all possibilities exist endlessly creating new possibilities that exist in parallels throughout consciousness.

God is the all in everything.

We are the infinite mind/ universe the material world is conjured imagery/ geometry that exist through awareness and self.

Lucifer is the shadow of man.

posted on Jul, 16 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Can turning the other cheek make me a Bad Guy?

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: crowdedskies
So now you cheat and make your post seem as if it came from me.

YOU are the one who said : "Like when you jack a car in GTA then suddenly every pedestrian has one?"

How dishonest to pretend I said it . I suggest you correct your last post immediately or else be remembered as a big fake.

I don't know how it got like that. My reply to it is st the bottom of the quote of your reply too

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I don't know how it got like that. My reply to it is st the bottom of the quote of your reply too

In that case , my appologies. I take back what I said.

I think there is a problem with the ATS quote system sometimes.

However, it is important that you examine you posts in future and imediately correct such errors after posting. This will stop any misunderstang.
edit on 17-7-2016 by crowdedskies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: ssenerawa

Everything and nothing exist at the same time.

In infinity all possibilities exist endlessly creating new possibilities that exist in parallels throughout consciousness.

God is the all in everything.

We are the infinite mind/ universe the material world is conjured imagery/ geometry that exist through awareness and self.

Lucifer is the shadow of man.

Nice response

posted on Jul, 17 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Can turning the other cheek make me a Bad Guy?
Evil only exists in the eye of the beholder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join