It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Know When All Lives Matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
aggression within the black community stems from years (DECADES rather) of disrespect. imo. one can only take so much.

edit on 10-7-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

This is Exactly what is. I'm tired of this victim mentality that is becoming popular. Everyone thinks if things aren't' given to them for free if things are just a little bit hard they are being treated unfairly. The truth is the majority of blacks DO commit crimes and most of them are in jail because of that. Being in situations where they would be arrested. If they would just stop blaming others for their shortcomings and try to better themselves instead of asking for handouts and special treatment people would start to view them differently. The problem is INSIDE the black community itself. But they choose to ignore it and blame others.
That's a damn lie that MOST BLACKS commit crimes. You need to look at the conditions that were purposely put into place. Blacks have always been here since the inception of America and fought in every war from the Revolutionionary War to present day, and my family PERSONALLY from WWII up to now. Blaming others? Who brings dope to the U.S., BLACKS? The Justice Department has all but put out a memo that drug laws are geared to undermine black defendants. Everyone with a brain knows who put dope in the "hood". Everyone with a brain knows BLACKS own No planes to bring said dope in and yet make up the majority of prisons. You are the type of person that can't see beyond your self-righteous nose. MOST BLACKS COMMIT CRIMES? All disrespect intended, you are a very shallow, unempathetic, self-righteous ass.

edit on 10-7-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2016 by JimiBlack because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

Totally agreed the poverty blacks have faced over years stems from the suppression of black history , the slaving of a whole race and now the " LEGAL " slavery and free labour in the american prison system , white people seem to think Racism is dead but they have never ever ever experienced it so will NEVER understand it so these discussions with white people are pointless literally pointless

here is a great speach on the history or suppression to fit an agenda of the black race

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I don't see personal choices of a thug creating a situation for society to deal with and having to stop them as being racist. I don't care what color their hair, eyes, skin or anything else is. I only care for the content of their character. When I see a thug has committed a violent crime I don't care how other than black he or she is as long as they are stopped from committing more crimes. When you start pointing out one skin color does more or less than another as a means to prove a point, you are racist. Either a person is good or bad, not black, red , yellow or white.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Statistics are available on what amount of times a white person is killed by a cop too that won't fit the narrative for any. We have a problem when partial truths get absorbed by those wishing it to be the whole truth. People choose to do good or bad. Like Led Zepplin said in "Stairway" ," there are two paths you can go on, there's always time to change the road your on". Stop blaming society for criminal activity of a depraved mind.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
aggression within the black community stems from years (DECADES rather) of disrespect. imo. one can only take so much.

so the solution then is for them to be disrespectful, racist ,alienate everyone else who doesnt agree with them 100% and be destructive?

Let me know how that ends up working, when people get tired of the bs from them......

They are too stupid to figure out they are accomplishing the exact opposite of what they "SAY" they stand for....

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

i didnt say acting out is a solution you said that. acting out is a result/symptom/effect of all the hate for decades.

how about you let someone repeatedly slap you in the face and then 5 mins later give them a hug and be best friends with them? i doubt you would.

a SOLUTION imo is 1st and foremost UNDERSTANDING. EMPATHY. LISTENING. not brushing people off like they are nothing but useless ghetto trash.

coming up with concrete plans to restructure education systems, living areas, create opportunities create jobs for those in run down situations to rebuild areas, build morale, build CONNECTIONS and COMRADERY between the white community and black community.

right now there is no connection. the only thing that changed between the 1960s and 2016 is the fact that legally segregation was abolished. but mentally its still there.

and it takes two two make thinks happen but whne you have a MAJORITY RACE GROUP IN AMERICA who calls ALL OF THE SHOTS, holds most of the wealth, has most of the resources to make things happen...who are blatantly REFUSING to interact with individuals and REFUSE even try to make it work to me that is a problem. a huge problem.

and it will only get worse unless people start to give a damn. try to make it work. try to make a connection. try to fix this complete and utter mess we are in as a society

oh no you would rather just sit behind your computer and talk trash about how effed up minorities are. hmm yeah that will definitely help.... WAKE THE F UP already

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
its your MORAL obligation as a human being. to interact and make things work with your fellow human beings on this planet.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: Metallicus

It's never said unless it's as a response to "black lives matter". Of course all lives matter and I don't honestly believe any of you are stupid enough to think that saying "black lives matter" is a negation of that sentiment.

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

I heard a great parable about this (paraphrased from a crap memory):

Several people are sitting at the table, eating food. Except for Bob, who has no food. Bob's friend says "Bob's plate needs food" and the jackasses all reply with "ALL of our plates need food".

I get what you're saying, but those who are chanting 'black lives matter' the loudest, are adamantly promoting the negation of the fact that all live matter and at that point it's nothing but supremacist rhetoric... and that's the hopeless, pointless and poisonous paradox of racism.
Like I said, I'm no fan of that so-called movement, but I read your post again and you mentioned supremacist rhetoric. How can a people in the minority, with the most people in prison, highest jobless rates and taught that their ancestors were slaves have an air of supremacy? Can't grasp that.

Some have the attitude that, because their ancestors suffered years and years ago, they now inherit the earth from the white devil. Many times they scream about a level of pain they've never known in their own lifetime.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a feeling of superiority.

That post describes why they'd have a sense of supremacy. Explains the state of mind. I thought that was very obvious.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

i think what a lot of people still FAIL to realize (and i cannot stress this enough) is that its the MAJORITY race vs the MINORITY race(s)

when one group has all the power why would they care about the group with lesser people in it.

for those of you that belong to said majority group you havent a clue whats its like to NOT belong to said group because you have a looooot of numbers on your side.

so you really have no opinion on matters that various minority groups feel there is a problem with.

really. you dont. at all.

try switching places for a day with someone that comes from a group with lesser numbers. your voice will be diminished discounted and brushed off quicker then you can snap your fingers.

Are you talking about African Americans?

They currently outnumber us whities in America, fyi.

They are certainly not a minority.

And, I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of hearing the "You can't possibly understand anything about the issue!" argument. That's such a cop-out response meant to deepen the imaginary line between blacks and whites. In reality, we're all people. We all understand pain, and if we have enough compassion, we can step out of our shoes and into someone else's.

Really? Blacks are the majority? Didn't get the memo. And I totally get that we're all people. But you don't have a clue what it is to be a black dude. And I'm not one to come up with excuses or whine about anything. Miltary family from WWII til right now.

Depends on which statistics you're looking at, or what faulty history books. History books from school do well to confuse me, but I digress...

Why is it, if I were to say "You don't have any idea what it is to be a white girl," people would laugh? It may be just as true as your statement, but because of the perception filter that surrounds the black community, my statement would sound ridiculous.

I grew up around a white southern family. I've been around racism enough to know I'm disgusted by it. I've also been stuck in a school with a bunch of black kids who wanted to make my life hell every day, yet people want to tell me that blacks can't be racist, and such. I know, that has nothing to do with you, but my point is that many of their ideas of freedom or equality have radicalized into "We're the victims! F*** you if you're not one of us!"

This we have it worse than you attitude deepens the line between us, and I don't like playing those games with people, no matter what color they are. It's just like when a transgender person throws a fit because I have trouble wrapping my mind around their identity, and they stamp their foot and demand that I respect them for their struggle and diversity.

Anyone who acts like I automatically owe them something won't get any respect from me, bottom line.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The problem is INSIDE the black community itself. But they choose to ignore it and blame others.

so where exactly did the problem stem from? did it materialize out of thin air. did black individuals just say hey lets walse over to america and stir some # up for no reason? think for a moment...

Media. Gang culture. Oppression fueling their feelings of misplacement and deepening their anger, though they have no idea how to actually make a difference in the world, so they act in the way their culture has raised them to be. Destructive.

It's not their fault. This psy-op bs combined with them having their children aborted is a predesigned screw job, but many of them simply handle it badly. They don't know what to do.

Doesn't mean that rioting and killing cops is the answer, but still...

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Look when they were killing buffaloes in droves it came a time when there had to be a special awareness of Buffaloes

Then there was Whales there had to be a consciousness of Whales as they were being exterminated

I hope people understand my analogy

I do disagree with BLM and their obsession of railing against people who don’t want to accept heir perspective

BLM rubbed people the wrong way in a lot of instances.

Like when they raided Bernie Sanders rally and took over his microphone.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

i think what a lot of people still FAIL to realize (and i cannot stress this enough) is that its the MAJORITY race vs the MINORITY race(s)

when one group has all the power why would they care about the group with lesser people in it.

for those of you that belong to said majority group you havent a clue whats its like to NOT belong to said group because you have a looooot of numbers on your side.

so you really have no opinion on matters that various minority groups feel there is a problem with.

try switching places for a day with someone that comes from a group with lesser numbers. your voice will be diminished discounted and brushed off quicker then you can snap your fingers.

And, I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of hearing the "You can't possibly understand anything about the issue!" argument. That's such a cop-out response meant to deepen the imaginary line between blacks and whites. In reality, we're all people. We all understand pain, and if we have enough compassion, we can step out of our shoes and into someone else's.

Really? Blacks are the majority? Didn't get the memo. And I totally get that we're all people. But you don't have a clue what it is to be a black dude. And I'm not one to come up with excuses or whine about anything. Miltary family from WWII til right now.

Depends on which statistics you're looking at, or what faulty history books. History books from school do well to confuse me, but I digress...

Why is it, if I were to say "You don't have any idea what it is to be a white girl," people would laugh? It may be just as true as your statement, but because of the perception filter that surrounds the black community, my statement would sound ridiculous.

I grew up around a white southern family. I've been around racism enough to know I'm disgusted by it. I've also been stuck in a school with a bunch of black kids who wanted to make my life hell every day, yet people want to tell me that blacks can't be racist, and such. I know, that has nothing to do with you, but my point is that many of their ideas of freedom or equality have radicalized into "We're the victims! F*** you if you're not one of us!"

This we have it worse than you attitude deepens the line between us, and I don't like playing those games with people, no matter what color they are. It's just like when a transgender person throws a fit because I have trouble wrapping my mind around their identity, and they stamp their foot and demand that I respect them for their struggle and diversity.

Anyone who acts like I automatically owe them something won't get any respect from me, bottom line.
Like I keep saying, I don't think anyone automatically owes me anything? champ. Military family here from WWII til this second, USMC and USAF. And I don't owe anyone a damned thing either tough guy.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Like I keep saying, I don't think anyone automatically owes me anything? champ. Military family here from WWII til this second, USMC and USAF. And I don't owe anyone a damned thing either tough guy.
One more thing Einstein, prejudice is one thing and racism is another. Prejudice is when one can dislike a race or races. No power in that. Racism on the other hand is based on racial majority indicating some sense of superiority.Black people don't have the power to be racist, genius, as BLACKS wield no actual power in that manner. Racists can keep you from housing, employment, among other things. BLACKS can't keep white people from doing Jack. Blacks don't have the power to prevent whites from doing anything. Fu@# outta here.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: JimiBlack

I'm out of this thread because I don't want to get banned.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Excellent post. I agree with everything you said.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Yeah, damn right you don't.

It wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the argument is all.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   

One more thing Einstein, prejudice is one thing and racism is another. Prejudice is when one can dislike a race or races. No power in that. Racism on the other hand is based on racial majority indicating some sense of superiority.Black people don't have the power to be racist, genius, as BLACKS wield no actual power in that manner. Racists can keep you from housing, employment, among other things. BLACKS can't keep white people from doing Jack. Blacks don't have the power to prevent whites from doing anything. Fu@# outta here.

So, blacks can't be racists?

That is so disgustingly wrong, I don't even know where to start.

Do you want me to tell you all the stories I've lived to the contrary to your ludacris statement, or have you actually abandoned the thread?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

First let me say that I'm a black guy that happens to think all lives matter and I'm not a fan of the BLM organization because is is not a representation of black people as a whole. They are an organization doing their own thing, just like the Klan isn't representative of white people. Most black people agree with the SENTIMENT that black lives matter because when it comes to the police, sometimes it seems quite the contrary and there is a such thing as "the talk". My dad had that talk with me. It's real. I also want to point out the difference between racism and prejudice. Prejudice is when you dislike a person of a certain race or races. There is no power in being prejudiced and yes, some black people are prejudiced. Now racism is different because with racism comes power, and part of that power comes with being the majority race. Racists can keep people from housing and employment opportunities, hell, even employment itself, and many other things. Black people don't have that power. Racism is institutional.

I get your points. However, you are repeating two problematic ideas:

1) critical race theory definitions of racism are not the only ones, i.e "prejudice +power=racism."

2) Actually, there ARE individuals of color who have power as bosses, owners of companies, etc, even in government. Therefore, they CAN project power on to white people and potentially project prejudice on to them.

I was told by inside connections that I didn't get a career level job that I was both qualified for and needed, because I was white. I had done three interviews and literally was the last candidate standing. I experienced real power being projected on to me, and a loss of an economic opportunity, based on my race.

Obviously on average the organs of power are controlled by white people.

But honestly sjws reduce their credibility when they deny any possible prejudice white people have experienced, or have these sweeping generalizations.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

All Lives matter is a racist philosophy. This is a way to suppress anyone who are not white. First the whites use their money power and military power to harass non whites. When the non whites be it black, brown or anyone protests then conveniently they come with all lives matter. load of bull.
Open any newspaper, the headlines will read '3 american soldiers killed in Iraq' no mention of the 100 Iraqis killed in the headline. US forces bomb a afghan hospital many innocent lives lost but THESE LIVES DONT MATTER. just collateral.
Police kill 114 blacks, not a single white person protests. Instead they come with stats that 4000 blacks were killed by other blacks. bull. Police who were supposed to protect the innocent have become judge and jury and massacring an innocent black man in broad daylight. But ofcourse Black Lives Dont Matter only ALL Lives matter!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join