It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Know When All Lives Matter

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Don't be stupid, that would be racist!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Again you are right, but the point I'm trying to make is that very many of the out spoken extreme minded proponents and leaders of BLM are in fact flat out racist, and shutting down the response of 'all lives matter' is actively promoting the infuence of racisim...

See how well it's working...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm on the same page as you OP.

All lives matter and race, yes we have a "race" it's called being human.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well put OP.

If our lives mattered we could sue for 100 million dollars when murder-by-Cop happens.....why cant we sue civilly and stop the carnage?Theres your solution....you have to change the legslation which protects the STATE from the people.

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
if you choose to say that "all lives matter" and believe in that statement fully. i ask you this...would you willingly switch races one day to a race darker then your own? because according to you all lives matter so nothing would be different for you in life?

lets connect the dots a little bit...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Love & Peace = Good

Hate & Murder = Bad

Got it! I think we can consider Lesson #1 in the books!

Next!!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It is obvious that all lives matter anyway, it is just a shame that some people get affected by some tragic event in their lives and then go pointing fingers at other races. Hence, they determine reason for their views. The top members of black lives matter will be those that have been affected by something out of their control and only seek revenge or attention because they feel it is another race. The government does not develop these methods, however they do put in places tragic events to allow us to fight one another. The FBI was known to have brought in however gang colours, hence the reason you have bloods and crips in America now shooting one another. Thats another subject however.

The point here is people seem to find it difficult to get along, probably because half of our lives are full of problems and unlucky events, illness and so forth. Some need someone to point fingers at.

We will never get a fully peaceful world or peaceful people as there is always someone who wants more. However greed is certainly not the main concern that humans suffer from.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: lostbook

Well said, Metallicus. All lives DO matter. However, saying Black Lives Matter is in no way saying that other lives DON'T matter. The statement is mean to put Blacks on an even footing with everyone else. Remember that Blacks weren't even considered to be a full 100% of a person at one time. Maybe the BLM movement just has bad timing.

That related to voting over 100 years ago. Isn't it time to stop touting that BS?

Politically, it's not seen this way anymore but in some circles and for some individuals, I would say that this belief is still there......

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

All lives have always mattered. We just have to get all lives to CARE about it to bring change.

The race we run is of the "human" kind...yet many still run their own....

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

Because blacks aren't killed by cops because they are black, they are killed because they refuse to acknowledge authority of any kind.

Do you know why else, because the BLM all started on a false narrative of "hands up, don't shoot" PLUS most of these supporters truly believe that it doesn't matter what they do to you as long as you don't kill them in return. All's fair when it comes to trying to grab your gun and resisting arrest and not putting their hands where they belong when asked. They can slit you with a knife and you're in the wrong if you kill them in return. These particular supporters don't want to be equal, they want to be elevated above the law so that no one can touch them no matter what they do.

We understand that there are racial problems out there, that blacks may be pulled over more than others, but they aren't being killed more than others due to their skin color. They are being killed mostly by their actions and words.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

All Lives Matter is a joke. No one ever speaks the truth anymore. The truth is- this is not an equal society. Economically-different. Racially-different. Culturally-different. Rich people-poor people-moral people-immoral people-many skin colors-many religions.
We don't treat each other or think of each other as equal.
If you are in jail you don't matter.
If you don't believe in God, whatever, you don't matter.
We gotta stop all this pretentious lying about our unequal society.
If you show a disregard for a written law you arn't equal-you are less-you may be punished and you may not like it.
So not fair? It's the truth.
You can cry, fight, get mad, kill others-as along as you don't live in a culture you like-you will punished by the others.
You have choices-but never expect you are equal-we are not all equal-hence, not all lives matter the same. The truth.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

It's true. We all think differently and have differences of opinions. I don't know one person in my life who claims that they've always been treated fairly. The truth is....life isn't fair.

I'm tired of the word "privilege" being thrown around so loosely too. Terms and definitions have become subjective. I laugh when people try to define it. There are so many things that could constitute one person being privileged over another that I could fill a book with them. It's not all about race like some people would like to believe it is.

edit on 9-7-2016 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I think if they changed the name of their movement to "Human life matters" they might get a lot farther with people. Because all human life does matter. IMHO, naming it BLM is tantamount to saying somehow black people are different from other people, which is exactly the anthesis of the message they are trying to send. I would rather their message be " Hey, we are exactly like you, stop killing us, we are human beings". We need to stop self identifying by race, that act in itself is inherently racist. And yes, black people and white people are different in a lot of ways, culturally, but we are the same species. The minute you identify by race you are implying you are somehow different. The racists will automatically connect "different" to "inferior". You gain an adversary's empathy by emphasizing your similarities, not your differences. If I were them I would be screaming at the top of my lungs "HEY, WE ARE HUMAN BEINGS!".
edit on 9-7-2016 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
with all due respect, folks...

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Of course all lives matter but many institutions such as the police force are implying that black lives don't and that is why Black Lives Matter was started. It doesn't make sense to come back with all lives matter or white pride or heterosexual pride when these groups aren't being persecuted by law officials for being so.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

That video looks like it was a debate session. The arguments do not have to reflect the personal opinions or values of the person arguing.

Having said that, it did come off like the black dude had a bone to pick against white people. His arguements were terrible and looked like racism. However, it could just be how the video was edited.

In any case, I don't think that video should have went viral. College classes like that should be a free-space to argue anything. Even if one argueing to bring back nazism.
edit on 9-7-2016 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Ha! Very true. No lives matter to the whims of the universe.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekerSeer

Of course all lives matter but many institutions such as the police force are implying that black lives don't and that is why Black Lives Matter was started. It doesn't make sense to come back with all lives matter or white pride or heterosexual pride when these groups aren't being persecuted by law officials for being so.

How does it get fixed? Dallas was not the way.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yes All lives matter but the continued abuse of black people by the police needs to stop...
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind...
Surely there is a better way to deal with this than killing police officers but prod a lion enough times and they will attack
America the land of hope and glory are nothing but the worst murdering pillaging racist country currently in the world
If there not dropping bombs and invading countries for " peace " then there killing there own people who they suppress massively then jail for stupidly long sentences just so they get free labour.... the legal slave trade very much alive
Horrible country

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Don't buy into the lies of the people who support BLM. You're 100% correct, all lives matter. The BLM people hate this statement not because it's racist, they hate it because they are the racists and don't believe all lives matter. You'll find throughout life that the people generally calling people racists and looking at everything in the context of race,..

are the racists.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join