It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let Me Know When All Lives Matter

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Let Me Know When All Lives Matter

Especially in the Middle East. But what a dumb thing to say, everyone knows all life matters. The problem is the few that seem to think only their life matters and everyone else can go to hell.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Clearly divide and conquer will win for the despot rulers seeking power. Clearly, we have to get BLM to come to grips with reality. They need to earn the respect of others by giving it. They need to learn to respect the people living in their part of the world to preserve all freedoms. Other citizens who share this earth with them need and want to be safe from crime.

The criminals are apparently willing to take the consequences of his or her action on their own, they either are or are not a danger for the rest of society. Most victims are wanting protection from thugs and sometimes stuff happens. If it does happen the LEO goes all SS or ISIS on them, we have to deal with each case to stamp it out just as we did Nazism.
edit on 10-7-2016 by Justoneman because: edit to add a bit more

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Metallicus
So, call me when all lives matter. Until then we aren't on the same team.

Fact is: Nobody's life is worth a Tinker's Damn.

But, property is always worth something.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
First let me say that I'm a black guy that happens to think all lives matter and I'm not a fan of the BLM organization because is is not a representation of black people as a whole. They are an organization doing their own thing, just like the Klan isn't representative of white people. Most black people agree with the SENTIMENT that black lives matter because when it comes to the police, sometimes it seems quite the contrary and there is a such thing as "the talk". My dad had that talk with me. It's real. I also want to point out the difference between racism and prejudice. Prejudice is when you dislike a person of a certain race or races. There is no power in being prejudiced and yes, some black people are prejudiced. Now racism is different because with racism comes power, and part of that power comes with being the majority race. Racists can keep people from housing and employment opportunities, hell, even employment itself, and many other things. Black people don't have that power. Racism is institutional.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

originally posted by: Abysha

It's never said unless it's as a response to "black lives matter". Of course all lives matter and I don't honestly believe any of you are stupid enough to think that saying "black lives matter" is a negation of that sentiment.

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

I heard a great parable about this (paraphrased from a crap memory):

Several people are sitting at the table, eating food. Except for Bob, who has no food. Bob's friend says "Bob's plate needs food" and the jackasses all reply with "ALL of our plates need food".

I get what you're saying, but those who are chanting 'black lives matter' the loudest, are adamantly promoting the negation of the fact that all live matter and at that point it's nothing but supremacist rhetoric... and that's the hopeless, pointless and poisonous paradox of racism.
Like I said, I'm no fan of that so-called movement, but I read your post again and you mentioned supremacist rhetoric. How can a people in the minority, with the most people in prison, highest jobless rates and taught that their ancestors were slaves have an air of supremacy? Can't grasp that.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: Metallicus
So, call me when all lives matter. Until then we aren't on the same team.

Fact is: Nobody's life is worth a Tinker's Damn.

But, property is always worth something.

That would be the tax revenue it generates for the state.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Let me just share with you a point made in relation to those waving the 'all lives matter' banner around as a counter to the BLM:

My personal interpretation of Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter. Bob is sitting at the dinner table. Everyone else gets a plate of food except Bob. Bob says, ‘Bob Deserves Food’. Everyone at the table responds ‘Everyone Deserves Food’ and continues eating. All though Everyone Deserves Food is a true statement, it does nothing to rectify the fact that BOB HAS NO FOOD!!”

www.theodysseyonline.com...

Yes, all lives do matter and we should all be treated fairly under the law. However to use this as a reason to ignore or dismiss the very unfortunate reality out there that blacks are treated more so unfairly by law enforcement compared to other groups is, well, low. It's not much unlike somebody saying 'I'm not a racist but' or 'I have a black friend' and we've all heard that one before. If you want to deny that law enforcement brutality, injustices, affect blacks disproportionately then fine, come up with your facts... not straw man.

Lets assume that you are correct that blacks are treated less fairly than whites. I don't personally believe that...but lets go with that idea. First you must ask why this is so. The assumption of many is that it is because of racism. I don't buy that. Racism is essentially gone on a major or at least business scale. So what is the reason?

Well...a lot of black people will tell you it isn't so, but it is actually the attitude of the black community that causes them to FEEL like they are treated unfairly. For arguments sake...lets say 80 percent of the population is white and 20 percent is black. But there are more blacks in prison than anyone else. Why is that? The black community assumes it is because they are treated unfairly until you look at the statistics that PROVE black people commit the vast majority of violent crime so of course there are more black people in prison...black people are more often criminals.

This same logic comes into play with pay rates, fatherless children, riots, etc. The black community isn't a bunch of victims of white people...the black community is a bunch of victims of themselves, their actions, decisions and bad choices.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i think what a lot of people still FAIL to realize (and i cannot stress this enough) is that its the MAJORITY race vs the MINORITY race(s)

when one group has all the power why would they care about the group with lesser people in it.

for those of you that belong to said majority group you havent a clue whats its like to NOT belong to said group because you have a looooot of numbers on your side.

so you really have no opinion on matters that various minority groups feel there is a problem with.

really. you dont. at all.

try switching places for a day with someone that comes from a group with lesser numbers. your voice will be diminished discounted and brushed off quicker then you can snap your fingers.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

It's always been about that. Television and the Internet are trying to tell you how it is. Surely you exist outside of the television world and can see that almost all of us are getting along for the purpose of creating a functional, happy, and peaceful world. The world would be a lot different if the opposite were true. Not too sure why you're allowing the Internet to get you worked up over something you know isn't true based upon your experiences in the world.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamlotus1111

People don't have the ability to step into others shoes. They're more worried about complaining every time someone doesn't understand their point of view.
edit on 10-7-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

It's never said unless it's as a response to "black lives matter". Of course all lives matter and I don't honestly believe any of you are stupid enough to think that saying "black lives matter" is a negation of that sentiment.

I know it's not conservatively correct to say this but it's true. BLACK LIVES MATTER. Why is that so hard to acknowledge in the context of police killings?

Several people are sitting at the table, eating food. Except for Bob, who has no food. Bob's friend says "Bob's plate needs food" and the jackasses all reply with "ALL of our plates need food".

I get what you're saying, but those who are chanting 'black lives matter' the loudest, are adamantly promoting the negation of the fact that all live matter and at that point it's nothing but supremacist rhetoric... and that's the hopeless, pointless and poisonous paradox of racism.
Like I said, I'm no fan of that so-called movement, but I read your post again and you mentioned supremacist rhetoric. How can a people in the minority, with the most people in prison, highest jobless rates and taught that their ancestors were slaves have an air of supremacy? Can't grasp that.

Some have the attitude that, because their ancestors suffered years and years ago, they now inherit the earth from the white devil. Many times they scream about a level of pain they've never known in their own lifetime.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111
i think what a lot of people still FAIL to realize (and i cannot stress this enough) is that its the MAJORITY race vs the MINORITY race(s)

when one group has all the power why would they care about the group with lesser people in it.

for those of you that belong to said majority group you havent a clue whats its like to NOT belong to said group because you have a looooot of numbers on your side.

so you really have no opinion on matters that various minority groups feel there is a problem with.

try switching places for a day with someone that comes from a group with lesser numbers. your voice will be diminished discounted and brushed off quicker then you can snap your fingers.

Are you talking about African Americans?

They currently outnumber us whities in America, fyi.

They are certainly not a minority.

And, I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of hearing the "You can't possibly understand anything about the issue!" argument. That's such a cop-out response meant to deepen the imaginary line between blacks and whites. In reality, we're all people. We all understand pain, and if we have enough compassion, we can step out of our shoes and into someone else's.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

Let me just share with you a point made in relation to those waving the 'all lives matter' banner around as a counter to the BLM:

My personal interpretation of Black Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter. Bob is sitting at the dinner table. Everyone else gets a plate of food except Bob. Bob says, ‘Bob Deserves Food’. Everyone at the table responds ‘Everyone Deserves Food’ and continues eating. All though Everyone Deserves Food is a true statement, it does nothing to rectify the fact that BOB HAS NO FOOD!!”

Yes, all lives do matter and we should all be treated fairly under the law. However to use this as a reason to ignore or dismiss the very unfortunate reality out there that blacks are treated more so unfairly by law enforcement compared to other groups is, well, low. It's not much unlike somebody saying 'I'm not a racist but' or 'I have a black friend' and we've all heard that one before. If you want to deny that law enforcement brutality, injustices, affect blacks disproportionately then fine, come up with your facts... not straw man.

Lets assume that you are correct that blacks are treated less fairly than whites. I don't personally believe that...but lets go with that idea. First you must ask why this is so. The assumption of many is that it is because of racism. I don't buy that. Racism is essentially gone on a major or at least business scale. So what is the reason?

Well...a lot of black people will tell you it isn't so, but it is actually the attitude of the black community that causes them to FEEL like they are treated unfairly. For arguments sake...lets say 80 percent of the population is white and 20 percent is black. But there are more blacks in prison than anyone else. Why is that? The black community assumes it is because they are treated unfairly until you look at the statistics that PROVE black people commit the vast majority of violent crime so of course there are more black people in prison...black people are more often criminals.

This same logic comes into play with pay rates, fatherless children, riots, etc. The black community isn't a bunch of victims of white people...the black community is a bunch of victims of themselves, their actions, decisions and bad choices.
With all due respect, you are clueless. Everyone doesn't have the same opportunities and you've already said to an extent, you don't believe that. There is no exclusive "black community". I live in a surburban neighborhood and it's black and white homeowners here. Here, we're an American community. Most black people are not lumped into just one, sleazy area, committing crime and mayhem. And to hell with the cooked statistics. Try again with that crap.No disrespect intended but you rubbed me the wrong way spouting off about something that you know nothing about. The joys of being black huh? Blacks don't own planes or bring dope to the "hood", but who accounts for most drug arrests? If that in itself doesn't tell you something, so be it. There are people in law enforcement as well as judges that have said from their own mouths that the laws are rigged. And I'm not saying fatherless children among lower socioeconomic black people isn't a problem because it is, along with the mindless carp being passed as music these days, and not to mention the lack of positive role models. I was lucky, my role model was my pops. My main thing is, most black people don't fit your opinion of a subculture of black people.
edit on 10-7-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

Some have the attitude that, because their ancestors suffered years and years ago, they now inherit the earth from the white devil. Many times they scream about a level of pain they've never known in their own lifetime.

That has absolutely nothing to do with a feeling of superiority.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: XxNightAngelusxX

originally posted by: dreamlotus1111

Are you talking about African Americans?

They currently outnumber us whities in America, fyi.

They are certainly not a minority.

And, I'm pretty sure everyone's sick of hearing the "You can't possibly understand anything about the issue!" argument. That's such a cop-out response meant to deepen the imaginary line between blacks and whites. In reality, we're all people. We all understand pain, and if we have enough compassion, we can step out of our shoes and into someone else's.

Really? Blacks are the majority? Didn't get the memo. And I totally get that we're all people. But you don't have a clue what it is to be a black dude. And I'm not one to come up with excuses or whine about anything. Miltary family from WWII til right now.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

With all due respect, you are clueless. Everyone doesn't have the same opportunities and you've already said to an extent, you don't believe that. There is no exclusive "black community". I live in a surburban neighborhood and it's black and white homeowners here. Here, we're an American community. Most black people are not lumped into just one, sleazy area, committing crime and mayhem. And to hell with the cooked statistics. Try again with that crap.No disrespect intended but you rubbed me the wrong way spouting off about something that you know nothing about. The joys of being black huh? Blacks don't own planes or bring dope to the "hood", but who accounts for most drug arrests? If that in itself doesn't tell you something, so be it. There are people in law enforcement as well as judges that have said from their own mouths that the laws are rigged. And I'm not saying fatherless children among lower socioeconomic black people isn't a problem because it is, along with the mindless carp being passed as music these days, and not to mention the lack of positive role models. I was lucky, my role model was my pops. My main thing is, most black people don't fit your opinion of a subculture of black people.

And with an equal amount of respect...your head is so far up your ass its unfathomable. So let me start with this. I've worked with law enforcement for about twenty years in various areas of the country. While you can never group EVERYONE together, the black community has some huge problems...all of their own doing. You want to call statistics "cooked" even though they are supported from both the right and left. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind, that would be pointless. But it is people like you that help keep black people down. You play them a victims and tell them there is nothing they can do about it but parade, riot, fight back, kill cops...etc. YOU are as much of the problem as Sharpton, Jackson and Obama. The black community can fix their problems and don't need "whitey" to do it for them as you seem to think.

So unless you have more professional experience and more direct experience than my twenty years and thirty one more living in this country...why don't you help these people out and tell them the truth. Fix your problems yourself, learn self-respect and follow the rules. Unless you don't think they can do those simple things most others can?

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

And with an equal amount of respect...your head is so far up your ass its unfathomable. So let me start with this. I've worked with law enforcement for about twenty years in various areas of the country. While you can never group EVERYONE together, the black community has some huge problems...all of their own doing. You want to call statistics "cooked" even though they are supported from both the right and left. I'm not going to waste my time trying to change your mind, that would be pointless. But it is people like you that help keep black people down. You play them a victims and tell them there is nothing they can do about it but parade, riot, fight back, kill cops...etc. YOU are as much of the problem as Sharpton, Jackson and Obama. The black community can fix their problems and don't need "whitey" to do it for them as you seem to think.

So unless you have more professional experience and more direct experience than my twenty years and thirty one more living in this country...why don't you help these people out and tell them the truth. Fix your problems yourself, learn self-respect and follow the rules. Unless you don't think they can do those simple things most others can?
Insults will get you everywhere. I never disrespected you and I give zero f#@$$ about your Leo experience since you want to go there. You have a mindset that you're stuck in and good for you. You can't fix s#!t without the tools to start fixing with you insensitive, self-righteous #@$&. And were your years supposed to intimidate or impress me? Like I said earlier, military family, WWII til this second, USMC. No excuses here.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

And you can bypass me with Obama, Jesse Jackson and Sharpton. I'm not fans of any of these people. You're not as savvy as you think you may be tough guy. By the way, I'm 47 so try your tactics on easier prey.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   

This is Exactly what is. I'm tired of this victim mentality that is becoming popular. Everyone thinks if things aren't' given to them for free if things are just a little bit hard they are being treated unfairly. The truth is the majority of blacks DO commit crimes and most of them are in jail because of that. Being in situations where they would be arrested. If they would just stop blaming others for their shortcomings and try to better themselves instead of asking for handouts and special treatment people would start to view them differently. The problem is INSIDE the black community itself. But they choose to ignore it and blame others.

posted on Jul, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: jasminnne

The problem is INSIDE the black community itself. But they choose to ignore it and blame others.

so where exactly did the problem stem from? did it materialize out of thin air. did black individuals just say hey lets walse over to america and stir some # up for no reason? think for a moment...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join