It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlanta Protest Watch 2016

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
We dont need a reminder. If this "protest" is only true Georgians there may be some very isolated minor violence . But nothing to really be concerned about. Its only when the "professional protestors" from out of state infiltrate , would I worry

edit on 7/8/16 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Gawd, just seeing the big truck adjacent to a protest is flashing me back to 1992.
It's worrisome. The LEOs need to assist that guy in getting out of there.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Here in my neck of the woods in GA just 3 hours from Atlanta things are calm and we really never have any problems that involve the police department targeting certain sector of the population, hopefully things will stay calm.

Last time it was big protest we go one individual that target the hospital and broke a window, but he was deem to be mentally unstable.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
State patrol pulling out....

Law enforcement infiltrated the crowd to watch out for agitators.

Peaceful protest was repeated over and over.
edit on 7/8/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Gawd, just seeing the big truck adjacent to a protest is flashing me back to 1992.
It's worrisome. The LEOs need to assist that guy in getting out of there.

I just saw this on one of the local news feeds. WTH are they thinking climbing on that semi!? I'd be scared s#less if I was the driver right now, he can't go anywhere.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
They're saying crowds are growing again. Getting louder. Now that it's cooling off.

No arrests.

Police just issued a statement saying there were over 10,000 protesters and that the people can stay as long as they want and the police will be there with them. As long as it remains dignified, in accordance with the law, and they stay off the connector! (Just kidding about that last part...sort of....)

edit on 7/8/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hey she's out there!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Hey she's out there!

Lol, I could take that comment a different route, but I''ll behave. Yes, she's at least there in the flesh instead of armchairing it tonight.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Really Nyiah, that is all you can see? you have a bad mind, still this no just blacks protesting but everybody from all backgrounds, but now is certain groups that wants to make the issue a black against white one.

I am starting to feel that the whole issue of violence is going to be turned into a big agenda to benefit those that are behind changing laws in this nation.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Really Nyiah, that is all you can see? you have a bad mind, still this no just blacks protesting but everybody from all backgrounds, but now is certain groups that wants to make the issue a black against white one.

To be fair, it's not like you can miss it

And yes, I'm well-aware of the BLM protestors who don't race-wall the point of justice regarding cop crime. They get the message. Those stoking the black versus white crap don't.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I have to wonder with all that is going on in the US right now, that MLK is rolling over in his grave.

The man did so much.
And people seem to have completely forgotten his message, in such a short time.

We, as humans, no matter the race, currently suck

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tow truck sent to get the semi out is now surrounded, protesters are not happy. Things are getting dodgey.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Atlanta NAACP is calling for the ATL protest to disperse. Saying it WAS peaceful and NOW it should be over.
Good call.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Seriously? Good on them.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Truck, yeah!

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Police did good. Atlanta PD's actually pretty cool, I have to say. Love em at sporting events. And when they sing (not).

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Well the Mayor, other city officials and every talking head on ATL TV has been pushing the ideal of Atlanta being the cradle of non-violent protests and should stay that way to honor MLK. No one wants any late-night shenanigans to mar the otherwise peaceful protest.

It got touchy when the crowds wanted to cause a scene and take over the interstate but the Mayor basically said - "Hell no." His argument was that the hwy belongs to everyone, including people just passing through who would have no idea what was going on and would not be prepared and so might be endangered.

edit on 7/8/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now there is a dispute as to who sponsored the protest and when it should be over. Some group (didn't hear who) claims it was the sponsor, not NAACP, and that the protest was formally over at eight and so now it belongs to "the people".

Sounds like organizers are trying to distance themselves from any fallout if things go bad.

Protest now at Peachtree Plaza as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Crowd's little rowdier near The Hard Rock now.

State patrol moving further down the Williams Street ramp. I didn't know we had so many state patrol!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join